Celtics/NBA 2023-2024 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
The type of game where Green will get stupid once again and sit out the rest of the season. Couldn’t happen to a bigger deserving asshat if he goes down that route. Would make Kerr’s head explode in real time. Hope the bench goads him into « being him » once more.
Was hoping Green, would be himself, when Horford went over to check in on Brown holding his knee. Al would have had none of Greens garbage if there was one word muttered towards Brown.

Green moaning, crying to the refs, no foul, was a nice touch. Dude is a complete loser!

FRyan4426

Feb 15, 2023
Kingston, MA
Cleveland is going to be a bad bad matchup for them in the playoffs. Especially with Mitchell back healthy. Team is dominant but seems like whenever there is an ounce of adversity they absolutely melt starting with the coach.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Only caught parts of the game but what i did see in the 4th quarter was a Cavs team playing physical defense yet didn't have a foul called against them until there was 36.1 seconds left. Didn't add the 0.8 seconds back onto the clock after the review either. A comeback the refs had a big help in, no sweat.

The final possession execution still stinks but the Cavs are a good matchup in the playoffs. Two bigs who can't shoot, two guards you can hunt on defense. They got bulldozed by the Knicks last playoffs because they're built for the regular season

Reactions: pgm16 and CDJ

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
poor defense and 3 pt strategy that failed allowed Cleveland to get back in and win. Wade was alone while shooting lights out

no big deal but not what should be happening.

18 banner?

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
They were up 22 and lost without the Cavs having Mitchell

This is what I worry about

I don‘t. The Cavs are fools gold. I am never going to buy into a team with D Mitchell as a foundational player.

The Celtics can only beat themselves (in the EC). Unfortunately it’s entirely possible that they are going to do exactly that.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Not worried about it.

This team is scrutinized more than any team I've seen recently. A loss with a blown 4th quarter lead on the road happens every single night in the NBA. THey just ripped off 11 straight, won games every single way. Almost unbeatable at home, second best road record in the league.

They've had three games all season where they haven't been competitive.

Them blowing a big lead on the road, and still having a chance to win it on the final shot is so far down my list, it's barely worth talking about.

The only way this team fails at their goal this season is injuries IMO.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Not worried about it.

This team is scrutinized more than any team I've seen recently. A loss with a blown 4th quarter lead on the road happens every single night in the NBA. THey just ripped off 11 straight, won games every single way. Almost unbeatable at home, second best road record in the league.

Them blowing a big lead on the road, and still having a chance to win it on the final shot is so far down my list, it's barely worth talking about.

you make a lot of good points.

pgm16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2010
St. John's NL
Not worried about it.

& they will be playing best of 7 series, agree with you.

Reactions: Maine Fan and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Can’t believe we’re still harping on Mazzulla lol

Always his fault when they lose and the players fault when they win

They lose the same way as they did under Brad. Maybe it’s the players fault when they lose the same way under different coaches?

And for the record idc about last night, the refs played game management. They were due for something rough anyway

Last edited:
Reactions: Maine Fan

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
You should care about last night. Losing a 20 point lead with 9 minutes left is not something bad teams really even do. Nevermind a great team. They don't lose often but when they do it feels like it always in spectacular fashion. I don't put blowing a lead like that on the coach though. To me that's all on the players. Figure it out and finish the damn game.

I also despise the way Tatum handles end of game situations. But they're rarely in a close game so we don't see it a lot.

People have every right to question this team after losses like that until they shut everyone up by winning the whole thing. Maybe you don't think that's fair but it's reality.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
You should care about last night. Losing a 20 point lead with 9 minutes left is not something bad teams really even do. Nevermind a great team. They don't lose often but when they do it feels like it always in spectacular fashion. I don't put blowing a lead like that on the coach though. To me that's all on the players. Figure it out and finish the damn game.

I also despise the way Tatum handles end of game situations. But they're rarely in a close game so we don't see it a lot.

People have every right to question this team after losses like that until they shut everyone up by winning the whole thing. Maybe you don't think that's fair but it's reality.
Teams are blowing double digit leads literally every single night. Sure the up 20 with 9 mins and losing are more rare, but it's much more commonplace in today's NBA than it was even a decade ago

Quick math shows Minnesota has FIVE 15+ point 4th quarter blown leads and have the second best record in the league

Forgive me for not dooming when it's so common around the league now.

Reactions: CDJ

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Blowing a double digit lead is not remotely close to blowing a 20 pt lead with 9 minutes left in a game. But hey, we could also focus on Tatum having absolutely no idea what to do with the clock running down.

Maine Fan

Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Teams are blowing double digit leads literally every single night. Sure the up 20 with 9 mins and losing are more rare, but it's much more commonplace in today's NBA than it was even a decade ago

Quick math shows Minnesota has FIVE 15+ point 4th quarter blown leads and have the second best record in the league

Forgive me for not dooming when it's so common around the league now.
You are correct, but for me, I only watch the Celtic games, and they are the team I want to deliver a banner to Boston. I am 88, on the way out, and want to see, on TV, another and another, if I am so lucky, banner hung in Boston. So I bitch when they screw up.

Your point is a good one, thanks.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

Boston hasn't held the All-Star game since 1964. I don't care what the narratives are about Boston that is absolutely ridiculous.
Especially with all the things they have inside and outside the Garden. It's been transformed. Not hosting an All Star game is strictly political.

Last edited:

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
God Tony Brothers is just so f***ing bad at his job.

Not the reason they're losing, but 3 techs in a half in insane.

Reactions: CDJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille