Line Combos: 2023-2024 Red Wings

Indrid Cold

Oct 24, 2022
Like hockey is always my first love, but the NFL draft has so much more drama and pageantry.

Also my favorite team isn't constantly MOVING DOWN from their draft spot due to a lottery. That's also nice.
Same here, plus it's the Lion's Super Bowl, which they blew last night. They think they're further along than they are, and I hope the Wings don't follow suite.

Someone said that Gibbs pick was a cherry on and half-finished cake. That's perfect.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
????- Larkin-Raymond
Kubalik-Copp-Perron
Berggren-Raz-Fabbri
Soderblom-Kasper-Veleno
Erne/whoever

Walman-Seider
Edvinsson-????
Chiarot-Lindstrom? (Gag)
Oesterle/Hagg (gag again)

Husso
Hellberg/Ned

We need to spend a few million just to hit cap floor, so I expect a top 6 winger and RD during the off season.
I wouldn't be terribly upset if we signed Gudas and traded for Connor to fill those questions marks.

Lindstrom is gone though. I don't see them going with hellberg again. Hagg should be on pluto before stepping on red wings ice. With Debrincat not wanting to re-sign and ottawa not having a pick in the first 3 rounds this year, we could do some damage if we wanted to. Debrincat from michigan and Connor/Larkin being ex-teammates.

Connor - Larkin - Kubalik
Raymond - Copp - Debrincat
Berggren - Kasper - Rasmussen
Fabbri - Veleno - Soderblom

Walman - Seider
Edvinsson - Chiarot
Maata - Gudas <---I think that is an amazing third pairing

Scoring up and down this lineup. Could be one of the best top 3 lines if Kasper turns out amazing. Then you can easily switch Kasper with Copp and the lines still work well.

If Yzerman wants to be further along in the process like he says, this lineup gets us into the playoffs and could do damage. Larkin setting up one timers for kubalik and Connor shooting on the rushes. Raymond setting up Debrincat with Copp going to the corners to get the puck out. Rasmussen is better on the wing and Ras/Kasper both crashing the net would be awesome to watch. I think this fourth line would be fantastic, but I would rather have Suter than veleno, tbh. You could even switch kubalik with Berggren and I think I would like that more.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I wouldn't be terribly upset if we signed Gudas and traded for Connor to fill those questions marks.

Lindstrom is gone though. I don't see them going with hellberg again. Hagg should be on pluto before stepping on red wings ice. With Debrincat not wanting to re-sign and ottawa not having a pick in the first 3 rounds this year, we could do some damage if we wanted to. Debrincat from michigan and Connor/Larkin being ex-teammates.

Connor - Larkin - Kubalik
Raymond - Copp - Debrincat
Berggren - Kasper - Rasmussen
Fabbri - Veleno - Soderblom

Walman - Seider
Edvinsson - Chiarot
Maata - Gudas <---I think that is an amazing third pairing

Scoring up and down this lineup. Could be one of the best top 3 lines if Kasper turns out amazing. Then you can easily switch Kasper with Copp and the lines still work well.

If Yzerman wants to be further along in the process like he says, this lineup gets us into the playoffs and could do damage. Larkin setting up one timers for kubalik and Connor shooting on the rushes. Raymond setting up Debrincat with Copp going to the corners to get the puck out. Rasmussen is better on the wing and Ras/Kasper both crashing the net would be awesome to watch. I think this fourth line would be fantastic, but I would rather have Suter than veleno, tbh. You could even switch kubalik with Berggren and I think I would like that more.
Yeah, I'm quoting myself. Whatever.

Another lineup with same players could be:

Connor - Larkin - Berggren <--Berg doing the passing/Larkin crashing/connor scoring
Raymond - Copp - Debrincat <--Literally the same as line 1
Soderblom - Kasper - Rasmussen <--Could be an extremely dangerous 3rd line
Fabbri - Veleno/Suter - Kubalik <--potential for depth scoring

Walman - Seider
Edvinsson - Chiarot
Maata - Gudas

Husso
Raanta <--Have always liked Raanta

Ed/Chiarot pairing wasn't terrible, Ed and Chiarot just need to get better chemistry with time.

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Why am I thinking that when Bertuzzi sign his new contract we going to say, why we didn't keep him. We are ready be in playoffs and he is not going to be available for us

Reactions: SirloinUB

JohanFranzenstein

Dec 6, 2013
Yeah, I'm quoting myself. Whatever.

Another lineup with same players could be:

Connor - Larkin - Berggren <--Berg doing the passing/Larkin crashing/connor scoring
Raymond - Copp - Debrincat <--Literally the same as line 1
Soderblom - Kasper - Rasmussen <--Could be an extremely dangerous 3rd line
Fabbri - Veleno/Suter - Kubalik <--potential for depth scoring

Walman - Seider
Edvinsson - Chiarot
Maata - Gudas

Husso
Raanta <--Have always liked Raanta

Ed/Chiarot pairing wasn't terrible, Ed and Chiarot just need to get better chemistry with time.
I mean adding Cat and Connor is ideal, but what do you think we're giving up for both of them? Both 1sts this year + ours/Boston 2024? AlJo/Will Wall?

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I don’t think adding Cat and Connor is ideal. That’s a lot of assets to spend on 2 players with similar skill profiles who are either midgets or bean poles. We’re building a team, not seeing what team looks sexiest on paper. It’s a lot of money and assets spent only to not have much diversity in the top 6.

Also, no one is scoring 40 goals or 70+ points if they’re being centered by Copp. I don’t know why people are even obsessing over adding wingers with Copp as our 2C going into next season. Copp as our 2C holds us back more than anything.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I don’t think adding Cat and Connor is ideal. That’s a lot of assets to spend on 2 players with similar skill profiles who are either midgets or bean poles. We’re building a team, not seeing what team looks sexiest on paper. It’s a lot of money and assets spent only to not have much diversity in the top 6.

Also, no one is scoring 40 goals or 70+ points if they’re being centered by Copp. I don’t know why people are even obsessing over adding wingers with Copp as our 2C going into next season. Copp as our 2C holds us back more than anything.
I think in the end a lot of our offensive growth is gonna have to come from within. Raymond and Berggren are gonna have to find their games (I have a ton of belief these two can). Perron needs to stay consistent. Kubalik needs to become consistent. Rasmussen is more of a checker but he can chip in. And Fabbri to stay healthy longer.
I'd love to explore adding a center but that's hard to do. I think we should draft a guy like Dvorsky at 9 or Danielson at 18, but in the meantime Copp is fine in his role. It is true that he isn't lifting up his linemates, but he's a decent simple playmaker and two-way guy. Are we paying too much for that? Yes, but that doesn't take away from the quality of the player.

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
If Winnipeg is doing more of a retool (which they will fail at but sounds like what ownership wants), they probably keep Connor but perhaps we can pay Ehlers out of there? I've always loved Ehlers' game.

Reactions: DamonDRW

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013

That skill profile is exactly what this team is missing most. We need goal scorers desperately. And having 2 goal scorers is a good thing.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
That skill profile is exactly what this team is missing most. We need goal scorers desperately. And having 2 goal scorers is a good thing.

This isn’t a video game. Just because they’re both great goal scorers doesn’t mean they don’t come with other warts, lack a complete game, or leave you with a homogenous top 6.

Edit: Just so we’re clear, I’m not opposed to adding either (prefer Connor), I just think it’s a waste of assets and poor team construction to go after both.

Last edited:
Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
It will be 3rd year for Veleno, Raymond and Seider, I expect big improvement from those guys. Wish we get top line LD and power forward to replace Bert. Trade for Tom Wilson? Or something like him, play with Larkin an Perron.

Reactions: wings95

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
It will be 3rd year for Veleno, Raymond and Seider, I expect big improvement from those guys. Wish we get top line LD and power forward to replace Bert. Trade for Tom Wilson? Or something like him, play with Larkin an Perron.
Never thought of Wilson but he might be a good addition. Imagine having Soderblom - Rasmussen - Wilson line. A perfect 3rd line. The problem is that we don't have a first line :)

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Never thought of Wilson but he might be a good addition. Imagine having Soderblom - Rasmussen - Wilson line. A perfect 3rd line. The problem is that we don't have a first line :)
I was talking about first line power forward, something similar to Bert and if you think Wilson not good enough for first line, maybe it's just a bad example

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
I was talking about first line power forward, something similar to Bert and if you think Wilson not good enough for first line, maybe it's just a bad example
Well, Wilson can be 1st line power forward for sure, if the other two are real 1st line players, say, Datsyuk and Zetterberg.

Reactions: lilidk

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
If I was Yzerman, I would be calling Winnipeg every day until the draft. Scheifele would be my #1 and Connor would be #2.

Peter Tosh

Dec 19, 2007
1682944164415.jpeg

Reactions: lilidk

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
I don't know why everyone wants players from a team with a clearly dysfunctional lockerroom. Kyle Connor because of his talent? Sure. Everyone else I'm staying away from.
I'd ad Ehlers to the list but that's it. Scheifele, Wheeler, and Dubois are all mentally 10 ply. Don't want them in the room influencing (or apparently bullying based on the Laine story) our young guys.

Reactions: I See Blue

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Saw this posted in the Matthew Wood thread on the prospects board. There were 129 players to score 20 or more goals this year. That really caught my eye as the Wings only have 3 :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad