OT: 2023-2024 NCAA Hockey Thread

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
What type of recruit will St. Thomas attract?

Will they be able to compete with the Gophers for the top tier talent or Notre Dame for the religious players?

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017

Will they be able to compete with the Gophers for the top tier talent or Notre Dame for the religious players?
Well it's a good school.

The transfer portal changes everything. They will probably be able to bring in many MN-born one way or the other if this roster is any indication (11 transfers)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

TBD. I don't think that they will be able to attract the top young players that teams like the Gophers attract. Maybe Gopher castoffs. I can see them taking players from Mankato, St. Cloud, etc, as living right in the heart of the city is an attraction. Don't know if they'll go for the older players from Canada, like some of the "lesser" eastern Teams like Quinnipiac.

Reactions: TaLoN

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
MN v. ST is on local Fox9+ right now. For some reason my local TV advertised the Huskies.

Both teams look flat. After last night's absolute war, I guess expected.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Wisconsin - North Dakota getting a little chippy there as the period went on. 1-0 nodak after one. Stramel looks more engaged and able to withstand the physicality.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Snuggerud caught that first shot on the heel of the stick... but got all of and buried that second chance!

1-0

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
TBD. I don't think that they will be able to attract the top young players that teams like the Gophers attract. Maybe Gopher castoffs. I can see them taking players from Mankato, St. Cloud, etc, as living right in the heart of the city is an attraction. Don't know if they'll go for the older players from Canada, like some of the "lesser" eastern Teams like Quinnipiac.
The heart of the city...of Saint Paul. Come on man.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The heart of the city...of Saint Paul. Come on man.
what...are you serious? Compared to Mankato, Bemidji, ST Cloud? It's right smack dab in between Minneapolis and St. Paul, even though it's technically in St. Paul. Hop on the LRT to get to either downtown in a few minutes, and the U Campuses are even closer.

C'mon yourself.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
St Thomas draws a lot of the private school crowd. BSM and CDH both are feeders for them with high quality hockey teams at the high school level, I could see them maintaining relevance for a while, it’s a more desirable education experience than some of the state options and hockey players are generally on the higher end of the income and education spectrum.

Reactions: Northerner

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
St Thomas draws a lot of the private school crowd. BSM and CDH both are feeders for them with high quality hockey teams at the high school level, I could see them maintaining relevance for a while, it’s a more desirable education experience than some of the state options and hockey players are generally on the higher end of the income and education spectrum.

Yes. Think I'd prefer a degree from ST over UMN. It's a much more expensive school than UMN. Like you said that could be a draw.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad