OT: 2023-2024 NCAA Hockey Thread

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
First viewing of Pionk and he looks quite good. Playing on the first pairing as a freshman. Very mobile, head up, confident with his plays. Similar style of Devon Toews, hopefully, he has the same trajectory. 2nd PP QB, has an assist so far

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
So weird that Tommies are playing Gophers. I went to UST (don't hate me - I haven't been on campus since 2006) and if you would've asked me if that would ever happen, I'd have bet my life that it wouldn't.

Reactions: 7dayBender

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
How does Stramel look. Not showing up on the scoresheet at all but is the eye test good?
He looks like just another guy. Not really asserting himself in any way. He did backcheck well enough to break up a 2-on-1.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
So this is gonna be a slown burn then eh
God I hope so. I just haven't seen anything that really stands out to me. I think his best comparable might be a less skilled slower version of Eriksson Ek in terms of style of play. He seems to be always so awkward with his positioning, like he doesn't know where he should be and is crowding someone else's space.

I'm hoping he can assert himself more. He's so big and should be able to bully smaller players.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
So weird that Tommies are playing Gophers. I went to UST (don't hate me - I haven't been on campus since 2006) and if you would've asked me if that would ever happen, I'd have bet my life that it wouldn't.
UST has always had a lot of $$ and MSP needed a 2nd D1 school so I always felt it was inevitable from about 2012 on when they started dominating in every sport.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
UST has always had a lot of $$ and MSP needed a 2nd D1 school so I always felt it was inevitable from about 2012 on when they started dominating in every sport.
Interesting. Goes to show you how ignorant/oblivious I was at that age. I don't remember them dominating much while I was there 02-06.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Is St. Thomas good?? I'm trying to catch the end of the gopher game, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad