OT: 2023-2024 NCAA Hockey Thread

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

At the end of the season, I was kind of assuming that Cooley would be going pro and was surprised that he hinted at staying.

Sucks for the Gophers, but Cooley is probably ready to make the jump.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

dave-chappelle-boo-this-man.gif

Reactions: keppel146

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Not even 2019 when they had caufield, Turcotte, miller and Holloway?
The 2010 team was absolutely stacked. Geoffrion, Stepan, C Smith, Street, Davies, Lee, B Smith, Schultz, McDonagh, Gardiner, Goloubef, and Ramage. Not only were they stacked, they played like a team and were coached well.

When Turcotte and Miller were here, they didn’t win very much. It was actually the season after Turcotte and Miller left that they did really well and won a 1 seed. Caufield won the Hobey Baker and Holloway was right there with him as one of the best players in college hockey. Too bad covid hit and the fans didn’t get to see them in person. They lost in the 1st round of the tournament to Bemidji.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The 2010 team was absolutely stacked. Geoffrion, Stepan, C Smith, Street, Davies, Lee, B Smith, Schultz, McDonagh, Gardiner, Goloubef, and Ramage. Not only were they stacked, they played like a team and were coached well.

When Turcotte and Miller were here, they didn’t win very much. It was actually the season after Turcotte and Miller left that they did really well and won a 1 seed. Caufield won the Hobey Baker and Holloway was right there with him as one of the best players in college hockey. Too bad covid hit and the fans didn’t get to see them in person. They lost in the 1st round of the tournament to Bemidji.
Believe it or not, I used to play against Geoffrion’s father. He was damn good in youth hockey.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Believe it or not, I used to play against Geoffrion’s father. He was damn good in youth hockey.
Looks like he wasn't too bad in pro hockey either. He ranked 5th in scoring on the '80-81 Winnipeg Jets, putting up 20 goals. That turned out to also be his career amount of goals, a truer "20 goal scorer" there has never been. Not sure why he only got one NHL season (in which he appears to have done well).

Pretty cool that you got to play against him! The best player I played against was probably Winny Brodt in a summer league. I pissed her off pretty hard one game.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
That’s pretty cool! He probably learned a thing or two from his dad, whom wasn’t too bad at hockey ;)
I think that having Boom Boom as his dad always hung over his head. In Montreal, at that time, the 50{s Canadiens were considered Gods. Dan was one of those who matured early, and had a chip on his shoulder. I always made it a point to hit him if I could. He sort of lost his mind then, as did the whole team.

He wasn’t the best player on the ice when we played, though. That would’ve been my D partner, Mark Hardy. We were a small town, but had one hell of a team.

The funny thing is, he'll still be playing in a collegiate arena.
And a worse one.

• Wow
Reactions: BagHead

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I was joking but yeah it is a rule. That's why you hear about players having "family advisers" instead of agents.
If that was the case, even if NCAA players could pay their own way to get there, they couldn't be at development camp.
Yet, they can.

Contact with the team has never been prohibited.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Wisconsin released their full schedule:

Notables:
Oct 14th vs NoDak
Oct 26-27th at Minnesota
Feb 2-3rd vs Minnesota

Would have preferred a full series against North Dakota instead of split with Bemidji.

Last edited:

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wisconsin released their full schedule:

Notables:
Oct 14th vs NoDak
Oct 26-27th at Minnesota
Feb 2-3rd vs Minnesota

Would have preferred a full series against North Dakota instead of split with Bemidji.
Do you watch Badger's games in person? If so, will expect Stramel updates... you can see all sorts of things live that you miss in the living room.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Do you watch Badger's games in person? If so, will expect Stramel updates... you can see all sorts of things live that you miss in the living room.
Season tickets for the second night of each series this year. I don’t believe I have been to a badger game for a couple years now. I told myself I wouldn’t put money in it until something was done to show they are improving. Hiring a guy who hasn’t had a losing season in 25 years as a head coach was just that :)

Reactions: 57special

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
St. Thomas actally looks decent. Almost every player on their roster MN-born, which I like.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad