Pre-Game Talk: 2023-2024 Habs Rookie Camp & Training Camp

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Cole will be injured by Dec, management wondering what on earth they could have done, yet again. Softest team in the league coming our way next year, just like previous.
Cole plays such a game that he rarely gets hit. He'll do just fine!

Reactions: Habs

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
It's what I like about a bunch of the young guys they have now, they either choose to spend all of their summer here or spent a good chunk of it here.
Good ole « check out the pecs I just got » competition has to be good. I doubt kids go this far these days though :

edit - I LOVE The Pat Burns comments lol

for anyone not fluent : Lebeau calmly explaining why he had to start throwing them against Schneider at rookie camp and the coach approved 100%

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Good ole « check out the pecs I just got » competition has to be good. I doubt kids go this far these days though :

edit - I LOVE The Pat Burns comments lol

for anyone not fluent : Lebeau calmly explaining why he had to start throwing them against Schneider at rookie camp and the coach approved 100%

I was thinking WTF is Stephan Lebeau throwing fists at a rookie camp :laugh: Turns out it's Patrick Lebeau, younger brother of up and coming Stephan.

@Habs Rookie camps and coachs in your wheelhouse.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Is this true or just wishful thinking? Adding both Leslie and Tourigny on defense as invites would be real nice
OP's suggestion

I'm sure they'll invite players who are 21, have a grand total of 7 points in whichever league they've played in for the past 4 years, but they're really good kids.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Aiming to become a professional troll?
For stating the obvious? Our star players needs to be insulated and taken care of just like the team used to do when we were successful. The 93 team was loaded with balls and skill

Reactions: BJCOLLINS

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Agreed, in his TSN690 interview yesterday Guhle said he decided early in the year to spend the summer in MTL.

He said it was a no brainer for him in order to have access to the medical staff and that he was really enjoying the town in the summer. Training in the morning and hanging around in the afternoon (with Suzuki, etc).
Montreal has a lot to offer in summer

Ovechkin962

Aug 25, 2010
Any news on who will be invited to the rookie tournament next month?

Here is a guess on who will be there (draftees and AHL contracts):

Goaltenders
Jakub Dobes (2020)
Quentin Miller (2023)
Joe Vrbetic (2021)

Defensemen
Noah Laaouan (AHL contract)
Logan Mailloux (2021)
Christopher Merisier-Ortiz (AHL contract)
David Reinbacher (2023)
Jayden Struble (2019)
Miguel Tourigny (2022)
William Trudeau (2021)

Forwards
Owen Beck (2022)
Jared Davidson (2022)
Sean Farrell (2020)
Cedrick Guindon (2022)
Emil Heineman (Trade)
Riley Kidney (2021)
Filip Mesar (2022)
Jan Mysak (2020)
Joshua Roy (2021)
Xavier Simoneau (2021)
Florian Xhekaj (2023)

I don't know if they will bring older guys like Mattias Norlinder, John Parker-Jones, Riley McKay and Alex-Olivier Voyer. They had Santino Centorame last year who was 26 years old, so we never know.

Last edited:

Ovechkin962

Aug 25, 2010
Added Sean Farrell to the list.

They had Riley McKay and John Parker-Jones at development camp so they will probably be there. Isaac Dufort and Charle Truchon were invitees from the Q at dev camp, so they might be there as well.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

Here is a guess on who will be there (draftees and AHL contracts):

Goaltenders
Jakub Dobes (2020)
Quentin Miller (2023)
Joe Vrbetic (2021)

Defensemen
Noah Laaouan (AHL contract)
Logan Mailloux (2021)
Christopher Merisier-Ortiz (AHL contract)
David Reinbacher (2023)
Jayden Struble (2019)
Miguel Tourigny (2022)
William Trudeau (2021)

Forwards
Owen Beck (2022)
Jared Davidson (2022)
Sean Farrell (2020)
Cedrick Guindon (2022)
Emil Heineman (Trade)
Riley Kidney (2021)
Filip Mesar (2022)
Jan Mysak (2020)
Joshua Roy (2021)
Xavier Simoneau (2021)
Florian Xhekaj (2023)

I don't know if they will bring older guys like Mattias Norlinder, John Parker-Jones, Riley McKay and Alex-Olivier Voyer. They had Santino Centorame last year who was 26 years old, so we never know.
Vrbetic??

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

We should expect the list of those attending rookie camp a day or two before camp starts.

But the list you provided is an educated guess who will be there. Only one player you listed that will unlikely be there is Joe Vrbetic as he's not sign to neither an ELC nor an AHL deal, unless of course they do sign him by then.

As for invites, sometimes some of the players invited are confirmed by some writers like Lalancette or Leroux or reporters who follow players at junior/college level. But those also come closer to the start of camp.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
hopefully not
It would be nice to see him.

But I remember him saying he has a plan in his mind for coming over to North America. First he wants he wants to achieve a certain level of play in Europe and then he wants to come over. So if he's still working on his game in Europe, no need for him to come to development camp.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
It would be nice to see him.

But I remember him saying he has a plan in his mind for coming over to North America. First he wants he wants to achieve a certain level of play in Europe and then he wants to come over. So if he's still working on his game in Europe, no need for him to come to development camp.
Wonder how much he is earning in Europe?

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Mitchell Martin

Mazden Leslie

Those two would be nice invites.

In his thread, it was stated that Leslie when undrsfted because he's THAT bad defensively, but I figure why not invite him, see if you can work on it, sign him and let the next 5 years he can turn into something.

I imagine they'll invite small players who don't even put up points.

Reactions: Nevins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad