2023-2024 EPL Season

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
teams who made runs in cups and Europe have more fixture congestion because of postponements... wow! can't believe it! also hilarious to single out Spurs given that their fixture list for the remainder of the season is... bonkers...

be happy if you have fixture congestion, it means your club is performing well.

I could complain that the Arsenal rescheduling means that, between league and cup, Chelsea will likely have four consecutive away games. But I won't, because that would be whiny!

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
teams who made runs in cups and Europe have more fixture congestion because of postponements... wow! can't believe it! also hilarious to single out Spurs given that their fixture list for the remainder of the season is... bonkers...

I could complain that the Arsenal rescheduling means that, between league and cup, Chelsea will likely have four consecutive away games. But I won't, because that would be whiny!
That’s fine. No one is upset because of deep cup runs leading to more fixtures. People are upset because games are being scheduled on Saturdays that should be scheduled on Sundays to placate broadcasters. Thats the difference. It’s poor, nonsensical scheduling.

I’d be on board to crowd fund a “Being John Malkovich” style full-length film, but with a day in the mind of Savant. It’s a scary, vengeful place. Perfect for a late October date night.
I mean if you want to hang out, watch a game and grab a beer, all you have to do is ask

This is just a funny place. Y’all say I’m crazy, but I keep being correct about this stuff. I’m on the right side of history

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
That’s fine. No one is upset because of deep cup runs leading to more fixtures. People are upset because games are being scheduled on Saturdays that should be scheduled on Sundays to placate broadcasters. Thats the difference. It’s poor, nonsensical scheduling.

I mean if you want to hang out, watch a game and grab a beer, all you have to do is ask
I’m down, but think of it as more a Jane Goodall situation. I’ll be in the corner taking notes, strictly no talking to one another. But as a gesture of good faith, I’ll bring the beer :)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I’m down, but think of it as more a Jane Goodall situation. I’ll be in the corner taking notes, strictly no talking to one another. But as a gesture of good faith, I’ll bring the beer :)
What was that documentary about the behind the scenes making of Apocalypse Now? Hearts of Darkness? Think that might be more apt. Shame I don’t think we live in the same state anymore. Easy trip to Hoboken or NYC

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
What was that documentary about the behind the scenes making of Apocalypse Now? Hearts of Darkness? Think that might be more apt. Shame I don’t think we live in the same state anymore. Easy trip to Hoboken or NYC
Oh you moved out of the city? There are two tracks there - either you fully integrate and shed every dickish New Yorker instinct you ever had, or you maintain your sense of self and stick out like a sore thumb as you scream at some grandma for hogging the sidewalk.

I know where I’m pushing all my chips on this one!

• Haha
Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Oh you moved out of the city? There are two tracks there - either you fully integrate and shed every dickish New Yorker instinct you ever had, or you maintain your sense of self and stick out like a sore thumb as you scream at some grandma for hogging the sidewalk.

I know where I’m pushing all my chips on this one!
Had to move for work actually. Not better or worse, just different. Once you leave, it’s hard to get back into that mindset though. I do still go up several times a year to visit Mrs Savants family though. Last time I was up I caught the matches in Red Bank. The quieter life (and less taxes) are not too shabby though either.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Had to move for work actually. Not better or worse, just different. Once you leave, it’s hard to get back into that mindset though. I do still go up several times a year to visit Mrs Savants family though. Last time I was up I caught the matches in Red Bank. The quieter life (and less taxes) are not too shabby though either.
Yeah honestly I liked it so much where you live that I could see myself living there. But I would have to advance a fair bit further to be able to do that.

Reactions: Savant

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Yeah honestly I liked it so much where you live that I could see myself living there. But I would have to advance a fair bit further to be able to do that.
Well you will have to come back and visit again then! I will take you to better restaurants than you went last time

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not wanting to start a huge babe thread (more random thoughts), but Rebecca Lowe is not attractive, however, she has an amazing fashion sense and I give her a lot of points for that. She dresses way better than most communication degrees who found random sports host jobs because they're hot females.

What a snoozefest. I get that international breaks are there for qualifying and that's pretty significant, but I am so bored. Why even have a season this long when Arsenal are almost off for a month? Then the Spurs get random 15 days off before playing us as well.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

interesting enough, City are making runs in cups and Europe but dont seem to have the same problem. i dont want to get all savant about it, but it does seem they need the help this year

Brunkmeister

Sep 4, 2021
interesting enough, City are making runs in cups and Europe but dont seem to have the same problem. i dont want to get all savant about it, but it does seem they need the help this year

Also they will have Anthony Taylor in their pocket on sunday.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
When you have to put contingencies in, when you announce the fixtures in, you know the broadcasters are taking the piss. Just read the italics.

1711457921165.png

Solely because of the broadcasters, LFC are going to have to play three games in six days in April during a title race. In a time slot they’ve done more than double (is it triple by now?) everyone else since that time period. Yes fixture lists get congested, but this is clearly unbalanced. All the had to do was put the Saturday game on a Sunday; which they are clearly prepared to do anyway. Problem solved. No conspiracy, just a failure in common sense

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
When you have to put contingencies in, when you announce the fixtures in, you know the broadcasters are taking the piss. Just read the italics.

View attachment 841560

Solely because of the broadcasters, LFC are going to have to play three games in six days in April during a title race. In a time slot they’ve done more than double (is it triple by now?) everyone else since that time period. Yes fixture lists get congested, but this is clearly unbalanced. All the had to do was put the Saturday game on a Sunday; which they are clearly prepared to do anyway. Problem solved. No conspiracy, just a failure in common sense

Good thing they're going to acquire more clubs then. Right?

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I think Spurs still have two matches to be schedules, too, if I'm understanding it correctly.

Liverpool, City, and Arsenal all have crammed fixture lists at the moment. I'm not sure why that's surprising to anyone. City has the worst of it, tbh.

I should add that Liverpool and Everton have both played the early Saturday fixture 5 times this year, with Spurs being in it 4 times.

Last edited:

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
“How are you gonna get fired in your day off?”
These alleged offenses (August 12 - October 12) were prior to his suspension (October 18). So not on his day off, so to speak. Just shows that he was carrying on betting while a Premier League player (and ergo under FA jurisdiction) right up basically to the eve of suspension.

Reactions: Savant

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
These alleged offenses (August 12 - October 12) were prior to his suspension (October 18). So not on his day off, so to speak. Just shows that he was carrying on betting while a Premier League player (and ergo under FA jurisdiction) right up basically to the eve of suspension.
I mean any chance to quote Friday I guess?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I love when sports leagues/teams take millions and millions of dollars from betting companies to sponsor games/competitions/kits/run ads and then act shocked and outraged when some of their players end up betting.
It is super hypocritical, but I get it, betting on your own sport gets into a dicey territory of players changing their performance based on the potential of money (i.e. throwing games which this sport has a long history of).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad