2023-2024 EPL Season

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
The Luckiest

Not a PGMOL statement so it doesn't count, right? Thought that was the line in the sand?

You also probably missed where they said "...but says referee was right not to give Liverpool a late penalty vs Man City"

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Not a PGMOL statement so it doesn't count, right? Thought that was the line in the sand?
I mean this is about as close as it gets, and we haven’t heard from PGMOL yet (to my knowledge), so that could be coming
You also probably missed where they said "...but says referee was right not to give Liverpool a late penalty vs Man City"
I did not miss that part. I’m okay with it if that’s the right call. Just have to make the right calls. The Havertz dive was not the right call. If the Doku thing was the right call, so be it.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
That's from the independent review panel that reviews all the big decisions. They don't have any direct power, but the idea is that it's an independent group of football people (I believe it's 3 former players and 2 officials or something like that) providing their take in a well analyzed format with the goal of improving officiating overall.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
I mean this is about as close as it gets, and we haven’t heard from PGMOL yet (to my knowledge), so that could be coming

I did not miss that part. I’m okay with it if that’s the right call. Just have to make the right calls. The Havertz dive was not the right call. If the Doku thing was the right call, so be it.
Sure the Havertz call was probably wrong.

That doesn't change the fact that you continuously cherry pick calls that favored other teams and say "they're so lucky again," but then ignore/downplay any calls in favor of Liverpool or calls that went against those other teams. Along with moving the goalposts of who should be the authority on whether a call was right/wrong when it suits you.

You just choose your own narrative and then only look at the points that support your narrative.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

That doesn't change the fact that you continuously cherry pick calls that favored other teams and say "they're so lucky again," but then ignore/downplay any calls in favor of Liverpool or calls that went against those other teams. Along with moving the goalposts of who should be the authority on whether a call was right/wrong when it suits you.

You just choose your own narrative and then only look at the points that support your narrative.
This is neither cherry picking nor moving the goal posts. Just sharing an article. If you do not think the article is credible that’s on you.

Obviously I pay attention to the stuff most relevant to me, and I do not think that makes me different from anyone else

Last edited:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
It’s over, but man. That VAR video is a bit bonkers.

1710883516870.png

Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
"they both come in high"

lmao
My conspiracy theory on this that I am going to keep to myself is they are BS’ing on this because they they don’t want to admit they made another mistake that hurt LFC. Especially in a title six pointer

Oops this isn’t a DM

It’s over, but man. That VAR video is a bit bonkers.

If I speak I am in big trouble

As I said. If it’s the right call I can certainly accept it as the right call. But that reasoning….woof

Last edited:

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona

If that panel thought the Doku thing wasn't a penalty they should find another job.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Just wait until you see how bad it's gonna be in the future. You can barely get any younger people to do this. Coaches and fans are also getting more indulgent in thinking they can abuse officials too. Fans you can mostly ignore unless the game's over and you can finally hear them. But it's the things that happen when the game's over that make people not want to do it. Coaches are a lot more difficult.

Last edited:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I do it for basketball. Football they have to have an official. But that person is lowest on the totem pole, so I usually end up just telling them when to stop and start while they get paid twice what I do. It’s fun. Probably why VAR sucks.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The funniest thing on the whole clip.

Might as well have said, Mac Allister is coming too high with his chest, he could have broken Doku's ankle with that much force.
The assistant VAR is clearly (trying) telling the VAR that he is wrong and the VAR is just refusing to listening. You have to laugh so you don’t cry

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Would love to finally hear all the cheating Chelsea got away with

Chelsea face having to reveal details of the allegedly questionable financial deals that mired the club in the Roman Abramovich era.

The Crown Prosecution Service have confirmed to Mail Sport that a Section 8 application under the Criminal Procedure and Investigations Act — which relates to the disclosure of relevant information linked to a defendant’s case — has been made by agent Saif Rubie in his ongoing legal case with former Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia.

A hearing for the application is scheduled for April 10 at Southwark Crown Court.

The development raises the prospect of Chelsea’s new regime being legally obliged to release information on controversial historic deals that they were not involved in.

The UEFA charge sparked a Premier League investigation into a number of the club’s transactions during Abramovich’s reign, with particular focus on the signings of Willian and Samuel Eto’o from Russian side Anzhi Makhachkala. The Times has since reported that there was scrutiny of alleged payments of millions of pounds to secretive offshore companies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Just wait until you see how bad it's gonna be in the future. You can barely get any younger people to do this. Coaches and fans are also getting more indulgent in thinking they can abuse officials too. Fans you can mostly ignore unless the game's over and you can finally hear them. But it's the things that happen when the game's over that make people not want to do it. Coaches are a lot more difficult.

Would love to know more about this

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Broadcasters having their say on the title race with more ridiculous scheduling:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
When you accept billions, you can't complain. It's like complaining the weather is shit in England.
I didn’t get any of those billions. I will complain.I will complain that’s it’s unbalanced. If LFC are going to be scheduled disproportionately, they should get a bigger cut

Don’t think that’s unfair to bring up. They know they scheduled LFC in a bad spot and did it anyway; PL already had to put a contingency statement out about the fixture being moved to a more sensible slot that is open anyway. It’s ridiculous.

Also (you know who you are) said LFC wouldn’t get any more early games, and have gotten two since then. Just saying

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad