Prospect Info: 2023-2024 Coyotes Prospect General Discussion and Stats Weekly Update

Coyotes19c

Jul 27, 2021
The earliest that I've been told he will be eligible to play is around American Thanksgiving. I haven't heard anything different from my source. @lanky just saw your note, he's been practicing with the UMaine team all year. I believe they are still waiting on the final confirmation from the NCAA to clear him.
Is he currently practicing with the team?

Reactions: Summer Rose

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Duda update; It's looking unlikely that he'll suit up for Maine this year. He has his last appeal on the 10th but if that doesn't work, Maine will work to set him up with a junior team in North America. He HAS been practicing with them all year long so it's not like he hasn't been skating, just would rather be unfortunate if he doesn't end up playing at Maine.

Last edited:

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Stat-watching our top picks from this year... seems like Simashev and But are both getting a decent number of starts in the KHL. But is bringing a bit of offence, while Simashev is not.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Stat-watching our top picks from this year... seems like Simashev and But are both getting a decent number of starts in the KHL. But is bringing a bit of offence, while Simashev is not.
I’m impressed that both are sticking with the KHL club. I expected more of a 50/50 split. It’s encouraging but I’m also bummed I can’t watch their MHL games because they aren’t playing any. Lol.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
I might be goal post moving but I think Simashev sticking in the KHL is positive development even though he’s producing no offense. Hopefully next year is the year he takes off. This pick will test our patience cuz he isn’t gonna put up the flashy numbers of just about any of the guys we passed on.

rt

May 13, 2004
I might be goal post moving but I think Simashev sticking in the KHL is positive development even though he’s producing no offense. Hopefully next year is the year he takes off. This pick will test our patience cuz he isn’t gonna put up the flashy numbers of just about any of the guys we passed on.
I just keep thinking about K’Andre Miller. The media scouts hated him. His D1 production was non-linear and his nhl production slow rolled and then took off. And now look at him. An absolute weapon. A cheat code.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Geekie has turned a corner this season with his hussle and consistency. He's still not nearly done baking though. Still some moments where he standing up straight gliding with one hand on the stick.

I think being the main pivot on his team is good for him. I hope Benson and Savoie get assigned to Wenatchee after the WJC (but not right now) so the team can take a serious run in the playoffs.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Wenatchee is 9-3 since Geekie was assigned. He has 20 pts in those 12 games.

He is showing way better vision and playmaking than we saw al of last year. He looks like a new player with much higher upside than what we were talking about 6 months ago.

This is great news. I still remember the first couple months of his draft year being obsessed with him. He was probably my favorite player for the first 3 months of that season. I figured we'd be too bad to get him and that our other 1st would be too low (when it became apparent Montreal was very very bad).

If you had told me at the start of that draft we'd end up with Cooley AND Geekie there would have been no way I'd believe you.

Also, not our prospect but how damn good is Mintyukov?!

Reactions: sundance74

rt

May 13, 2004

Great article. But in one of the images in the piece I couldn’t help but notice the absolutely insane tape job he’s put on the knob of his stick…

6508E77A-B3F8-4A5B-BF86-277AE20F293E.jpeg

I’m like, did he grab a goalies stick just for the photo? So I verified…

6C85D9F1-5103-43FE-A7DA-A83E98CC5FF1.jpeg

…Bro…

It’s like he’s got an entire stick tape roll encased up there.

He must not be able to even open up penalty box doors or the doors to get on or off the ice. Haha. He’s got wait for someone.

If anyone bumps into this guy, please ask him why the story is with that knob.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Congrats to Mikko Matikka who got his first NCAA goal this past weekend

Also, our goalies are absolutely killing it. Franchise seems to be no longer weak in that position. Let's hope that one of these guys or more are the real deal.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Great article. But in one of the images in the piece I couldn’t help but notice the absolutely insane tape job he’s put on the knob of his stick…

View attachment 763696

I’m like, did he grab a goalies stick just for the photo? So I verified…

View attachment 763698

…Bro…

It’s like he’s got an entire stick tape roll encased up there.

He must not be able to even open up penalty box doors or the doors to get on or off the ice. Haha. He’s got wait for someone.

If anyone bumps into this guy, please ask him why the story is with that knob.
So, you think a guy is going to ask another guy about his knob?:laugh:

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Congrats to Mikko Matikka who got his first NCAA goal this past weekend

Also, our goalies are absolutely killing it. Franchise seems to be no longer weak in that position. Let's hope that one of these guys or more are the real deal.
Matikka coming to The Mullett this weekend.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad