Prospect Info: [2023 - 128th] Quentin Miller (QMJHL - Rimouski Océanic)

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
The son of one my friend got the backup job for the Quebec Remparts! I have mixed feelings! I want him to get some games but i want Miller to succeed! 😂😂

Congrats to your friend's son!

He's quite young, so even if Miller is the starter for a couple years, he'll also have a chance. Backups do often get their fair share of games in the Q. Or if they both boom, one will probably get traded to a team with a starter spot.

Weber Fan

Feb 13, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
Congrats to your friend's son!

He's quite young, so even if Miller is the starter for a couple years, he'll also have a chance. Backups do often get their fair share of games in the Q. Or if they both boom, one will probably get traded to a team with a starter spot.
Thanks! It was quite a surprise! He went to the camp undrafted and he made a great impression!

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Last edited:

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Miller made 47 saves (!) in a 4-1 loss. He was named 2nd star.

Quebec was dominated 51-16 on shots.

First year in forever that their playoff position is threatened.

HDB has their record since 1997-1998 and they are currently the worst one.

It's also one of the first year in a while they haven't been able to acquire some high profile US/Euro.

They have a good defenceman that is D+2 and a decent D year defenceman. The rest is all Canadians.

This is coupled with having almost no older CHLer. They are a much younger team from their dominating times (apart from the years with great imports).

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
First year in forever that their playoff position is threatened.

HDB has their record since 1997-1998 and they are currently the worst one.

It's also one of the first year in a while they haven't been able to acquire some high profile US/Euro.

They have a good defenceman that is D+2 and a decent D year defenceman. The rest is all Canadians.

This is coupled with having almost no older CHLer. They are a much younger team from their dominating times (apart from the years with great imports).

Your view of the team/league is like you haven’t followed them for the past 10 years. Imports quality isn’t what it used to be in the Q, especially since they can’t draft Russians and Belarusians. And there are almost no US players in the league anymore. Remparts have not had one for almost 10 years. Roy finally iced the best team in the franchise history last year when he decided after his comeback in 2018 to really take drafting and developing seriously instead of going for the high profile US and Euro players. That run also started with 12th and 14th place finish in 2019 and 2020

Unless they really try to not make the playoffs, they should make it anyway. IMO they’re bad but not 17th-18th place bad. Miller is a huge reason why.

Komarov is a high profile Euro in the league. He’ll probably be a top 3 nominee for defenseman of the year at the end of the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: montreal

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Your view of the team/league is like you haven’t followed them for the past 10 years. Imports quality isn’t what it used to be in the Q, especially since they can’t draft Russians and Belarusians. And there are almost no US players in the league anymore. Remparts have not had one for almost 10 years. Roy finally iced the best team in the franchise history last year when he decided after his comeback in 2018 to really take drafting and developing seriously instead of going for the high profile US and Euro players. That run also started with 12th and 14th place finish in 2019 and 2020

Unless they really try to not make the playoffs, they should make it anyway. IMO they’re bad but not 17th-18th place bad. Miller is a huge reason why.

Komarov is a high profile Euro in the league. He’ll probably be a top 3 nominee for defenseman of the year at the end of the season.

20-21 Marjala #3
19-20 Sergeyev 25 pts in 34 games.
18-19 Kurashev #1, Sergeyev #4
17-18 Kurashev #2
16-17 Kurashev #1
15-16 Timashov #3, Impose #6
14-15 Timashov #1, Erne #2
13-14 Erne #2, Sorensen #3, Grigorenko #6
12-13 Erne #1, Grigorenko #3, Sorensen #5

That is not counting the Canadians guys that would just go to the US if not drafted by Quebec, Moncton or Halifax (sometimes a few other teams).

They might make the PO, but they definitely don't get the import support they used to.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Miller is heating up on a very average Remparts team. His SV PCT is .944 in the last 5 games and .912 overall this season (5th overall in the QMJHL)

Really loved what I saw from this kid at training camp.

Would be amazing if he had a shot at a WJC spot this year (long shot) or next year.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
20-21 Marjala #3
19-20 Sergeyev 25 pts in 34 games.
18-19 Kurashev #1, Sergeyev #4
17-18 Kurashev #2
16-17 Kurashev #1
15-16 Timashov #3, Impose #6
14-15 Timashov #1, Erne #2
13-14 Erne #2, Sorensen #3, Grigorenko #6
12-13 Erne #1, Grigorenko #3, Sorensen #5

That is not counting the Canadians guys that would just go to the US if not drafted by Quebec, Moncton or Halifax (sometimes a few other teams).

They might make the PO, but they definitely don't get the import support they used to.

Marjala and Sergeyev? They were average euros. Their last impact euro before Komarov was Kurashev but he was drafted really high. With the Russian and Belarusian ban it’s now almost impossible to draft a high quality euro later in the draft. I guess they should be able to find a good one in the next two drafts since they’ll have a high pick.

I prefer Bruno Jalasti to Sergeyev so far. He’s young and he should get a lot of points as a defenseman at 18 and 19.

If you are talking about Canadian guys who were supposed to go to the US, their 7th round pick Xavier Lebel was one of them. He decided to stay and made the team.

Last edited:

JC Superstar

Aug 7, 2013

Not in history, but the best team since 1971: hard to beat a team with Guy Lafleur (1), Jacques Richard (2), André Savard (6) and Guy Chouinard, all top first round pick except for Chouinard who went 28th but in the 2nd round.

You should know, your brother Charles was playing for them at the time!

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Not in history, but the best team since 1971: hard to beat a team with Guy Lafleur (1), Jacques Richard (2), André Savard (6) and Guy Chouinard, all top first round pick except for Chouinard who went 28th but in the 2nd round.

You should know, your brother Charles was playing for them at the time!

When I talk about the franchise, that's since 1997. The 1971 franchise moved away in 1985. ;)

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
too old for next year. If he was born a week later he would make the cut.

I do think he'll be in the mix this year.. I can't really think of many other Canadian goalies who will push him. There's a couple kids like George and Leanders this year's draft, but Canada doesn't love taking draft eligibles at goalie.

So Bjarnason will likely get the net, and then the battle for the other spots look to be Isaiah George, Ryan Leanders, Scott Ratzlaff, Emmett Croteau and Reid Dyck. Might be some undrafted guys like Milic as well. I guess D'Aigle might also get invited.

Reactions: montreal

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I do think he'll be in the mix this year.. I can't really think of many other Canadian goalies who will push him. There's a couple kids like George and Leanders this year's draft, but Canada doesn't love taking draft eligibles at goalie.

So Bjarnason will likely get the net, and then the battle for the other spots look to be Isaiah George, Ryan Leanders, Scott Ratzlaff, Emmett Croteau and Reid Dyck. Might be some undrafted guys like Milic as well. I guess D'Aigle might also get invited.

It's highly doubtful Miller gets even a sniff. He wasn't on the list this summer.

I bet Halifax' Mathis Rousseau gets a really good look.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Miller is heating up on a very average Remparts team. His SV PCT is .944 in the last 5 games and .912 overall this season (5th overall in the QMJHL)

Really loved what I saw from this kid at training camp.

Would be amazing if he had a shot at a WJC spot this year (long shot) or next year.
Both Miller and Fowler, with their technique, athleticism and calmness make Dobes look like one of those rent-a-goalies. I think our goaltender situation is promising and in hand for the first time since the Price draft.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
  • Love
Reactions: WeThreeKings

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Both Miller and Fowler, with their technique, athleticism and calmness make Dobes look like one of those rent-a-goalies. I think our goaltender situation is promising and in hand for the first time since the Price draft.

I hope it's better than that as Price didn't emerge as a great goaltender until 2011 or so.

Hopefully there's a Halak in there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad