Prospect Info: [2023 - 128th] Quentin Miller (QMJHL - Rimouski Océanic)

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Quentin Miller has a pretty long trade tree already.

Pick #128 originally belonged to VGK
MTL acquired it at last season's draft moving TBL 2022 4th for it
The TBL 2022 4th had been acquired in 2021 when we traded TBL's 2021 4th for it.
The TBL 2021 4th had been acquired in 2020 for Nick Cousins.

So 3 years later the Nick Cousins trade produced Quentin Miller.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
No one mentioning that Quentin was coached by Patrick Roy last year. Hopefully Miller is a sponge and soaked up a lot of learning from the legend
I think in the near future this very uncelebrated pick may prove to be one of the steals of the 2023 draft. While I don’t really follow goalie prospects intently, the few times that I saw him play he really impressed me. Particularly with his steadiness. He made the routine saves rather effortlessly and made highly athletic saves on several occasions when tested. I like the pick.

Reactions: Sagikev and Tyson

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I think in the near future this very uncelebrated pick may prove to be one of the steals of the 2023 draft. While I don’t really follow goalie prospects intently, the few times that I saw him play he really impressed me. Particularly with his steadiness. He made the routine saves rather effortlessly and made highly athletic saves on several occasions when tested. I like the pick.
He has the prototypical nowadays goalie size working in his favor already.

I think I read somewhere that the animated debate about goalies that we witnessed in that draft coulisse video released by the team was about Fowler and Miller.

If it's true then it's cool that we got them both.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

I think I read somewhere that the animated debate about goalies that we witnessed in that draft coulisse video released by the team was about Fowler and Miller.

I don't think they were discussing Fowler vs. Miller.

It sounded more like they were discussing Fowler vs. Bjarnason. Bjarnason is the goalie with all the traits but didn't show up in the big games.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I don't think they were discussing Fowler vs. Miller.

It sounded more like they were discussing Fowler vs. Bjarnason. Bjarnason is the goalie with all the traits but didn't show up in the big games.
We'll never really know eh?

Riendeau advocating for a local kid makes a lot more sense though.

Last edited:

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002

As I said at the draft, I think it highly probable that with their taking of the super competitive and confident Fowler and the steady Miller, the 2023 Draft will be seen, with all due respect to Reinbacher, as the year of the goalies for us. The fact that we also used draft capital to acquire Newhook, will make the 2023 Draft a seminal one for Montreal on our long road back to relevancy.

Reactions: DAChampion

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
As I said at the draft, I think it highly probable that with their taking ofthe super competitive and confident Fowler and the steady Miller, the 2023 Draft will be seen, with all due respect to Reinbacher, as the year of the goalies for us. The fact that we also used draft capital to acquire Newhook, will make the 2023 Draft a seminal one for Montreal on our long road back to relevancy.
I hope you're right buddy! LFG!

Reactions: ChesterNimitz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad