GDT: 2022 World Cup Qatar | Canada: Nov 23 @ 12PM vs. Belgium, Nov 27 @ 9AM vs. Croatia, Dec 1 @ 8AM vs. Morocco

How many games will Canada win at the World Cup?

• Total voters

Sra1974

Oct 8, 2019
You'll never convince me that OT shouldn't be sudden death. Both teams had equal opportunities to win it up to that point. First goal should win instantly.
I understand but you could also get a tacky penalty kick in the first minute of OT that ends it and I’m not sure that feels any better. No great choice here. I would do maybe 30 minutes like this and then to sudden death.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Save here for Argentina and it’s done. France scored but Argentina scored on the next kick to end it.

Argentina wins it!!!!

Reactions: Oilhawks

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
DRAKE WINS! DRAKE WINS! DRAKE WINS!

Now back to regularly scheduled soccer programming. Congratulations Argentina world champions and winner of the World Cup where I watched more soccer than even before. This was a pretty epic final game.

Reactions: Oilhawks and snipes

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Wow that was destiny. I cried when Argentina won. Absolute sporting greatness witnessed. Utter magic...

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You'll never convince me that OT shouldn't be sudden death. Both teams had equal opportunities to win it up to that point. First goal should win instantly.
Well. My take is Argentina won this game 3 times. FIFA tried to give it back to France twice.

Argentina were fully deserving victors. They won the game on the pitch in run of play. Not by getting awarded two Penalty Kicks for goals. The last one I thought a weak call and at edge of box. I mean we're talking about a penalty awarded when the shot came outside of the box, hit an elbow 1ofeet away and was a harmless shot. With the foul taking place practically on the line.

Its a shame that FIFA decided that the Messi golden goal in OT wasn't the winner. That would be a better ending, I agree.

This is reasonable illustration that perhaps first goal should W, be sudden Death. However the Croatia Brazil game argued otherwise.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Mbappe and France trying to Oiler their way back into the game. Lean hard on the superstar to win you the game after the whole team does nothing for most of it.
Yep. Couldn't agree more. France were never in this match and wouldn't be without FIFA just awarding them two penalty kick goals. Argentina had the run of the play for first 80mins and then had the run of the play in extra time. Argentina also better in penalty kicks.

Unfortunate france couldn't have Mbappe take all their penalty kicks. (sarcasm)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
..and Messi is a WC winner. Pretty neat final & the most memorable extra time I can recall..
Messi beats France in 2022, loses to Germany in 2014. Couldn't ask for better. I love this guy. haha.

jk aside nobody deserves this more than Messi and legitimate claims of greatest.

Brazil cries one more time. Oh that just made it even better. ;)

Not even a soccer fan but that was really entertaining.
Unquestioned top game on the planet for a reason. Its a great and beautiful game, come on board. Theres room. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad