GDT: 2022 World Cup Qatar | Canada: Nov 23 @ 12PM vs. Belgium, Nov 27 @ 9AM vs. Croatia, Dec 1 @ 8AM vs. Morocco

How many games will Canada win at the World Cup?

• Total voters

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
GDT MUSIC

-

1668946081693.png

-

FULL WC SCHEDULE

-

CANADIAN ROSTER

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Good for you to be in world cup again. Its been a damn long time sice last time. I recall -86? Prepare yourself to be soccercrazy while your Canada will win some games

Reactions: Oilhawks

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
How long until the ref starts handing out imaginary reds to Ecuador to level the playing field?
I'm sure Emir will have a discussion at the half.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
I know nothing about soccer but for fun I participated in the bracket challenge and picked:

Brazil over Netherlands in one semi... and Belgium over France in another semi... Brazil over Belgium in the Final.

Let's see how well those hold up from someone ignorant about this sport.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I know nothing about soccer but for fun I participated in the bracket challenge and picked:

Brazil over Netherlands in one semi... and Belgium over France in another semi... Brazil over Belgium in the Final.

Let's see how well those hold up from someone ignorant about this sport.

For most of the world’s sake, let’s hope your Finals prediction is dead wrong 🤮

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
I really enjoyed the run through qualifiers but all the human rights violations and corruption around the tournament in Qatar have really been on my mind leading up to Canada's first game.

It's such a shame that this is the stage on which Canada breaks through to the World Cup.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011

Me too, Leon.

A friend who is a huge soccer fan (for me it’s still secondary to hockey but for him it’s always #1) feels Messi might finally get one. I’m thinking so too. Not my favourite soccer nation by any stretch of the imagination but there are worse results (France or Brazil again, for example).

Cheering for Senegal as a dark horse as I have a soft spot for Mane as a Bayern fan. Edit: oops, forgot he was out. They’re doomed lol

Last edited:

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
I missed the first 20 or so minutes of the England/Iran game and am currently watching with the tv on mute. Can somebody tell me what happened that caused 14 minutes of time to be added on to the first half?

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
My bracket has Brazil over England and Argentina over Belgium for 3rd. Brazil is just too deep, they're stacked at every position

Originally had France in the final instead of the English but no Kanté, Pogba and the last minute news about Benzema made me change my mind about them. As a France fan that hurts but there's been too much disarray with this team.

Would love to see Messi go out with a WC though. And as sacrilege as it sounds I legitimately wouldn't mind seeing England win just for the reactions.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
I missed the first 20 or so minutes of the England/Iran game and am currently watching with the tv on mute. Can somebody tell me what happened that caused 14 minutes of time to be added on to the first half?
Injury to an Iranian I believe

Me too, Leon.

A friend who is a huge soccer fan (for me it’s still secondary to hockey but for him it’s always #1) feels Messi might finally get one. I’m thinking so too. Not my favourite soccer nation by any stretch of the imagination but there are worse results (France or Brazil again, for example).

Cheering for Senegal as a dark horse as I have a soft spot for Mane as a Bayern fan. Edit: oops, forgot he was out. They’re doomed lol
Sadios injury hurts. He's been so dominant with Sénégal that they were a legit darkhorse to go deep. Love that man

Reactions: Oilhawks

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
I really enjoyed the run through qualifiers but all the human rights violations and corruption around the tournament in Qatar have really been on my mind leading up to Canada's first game.

It's such a shame that this is the stage on which Canada breaks through to the World Cup.
It's disgusting, so much of it.

I'm a bit glad it's even shifted to winter time. It makes me that much less interested as for past Euro and WC it's just so much fun to do these "public viewing" here in Germany... even if you barely watch the games it's a blast! Didn't hurt that Germany hosted 2006 and won 2014 😏

Still I caught the 1st game because after a big dog walk on Sunday we took shelter in a cozy pub with the game on. It's hard to escape in Europe, so I will watch Canada, Germany, and whoever would be playing on a screen that happens to be in the room I'm in.

🍁Let's Go Canada!!! 🍁
- I'll be happy w/ 1 win (Morocco), overjoyed w/ my prediction: 3 wins!!! 🍻🥴

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Just can't bring myself to liking soccer, probably cause I have zero attachment to it unlike hockey. The one thing I do like is that the clock is always running.
I was the same way until my oldest started playing it and fell in love with the game. Watching the players, the skill level and work required to do what they do and then the conditioning as well. It is a great sport once you get to understand what it takes to be a top player. Now both of our kids are into it and I am either watching practices or games 6 days a week during seasons. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Forgot About Drai

Dr Drai the Second
Jul 10, 2009
Edmonton
I actually like our chances relatively against Belgium. This is probably the weakest back line they have ever had in the last 12 years and our attack is enough to make most teams nervous.

Of course, Belgium is class up front and will always have the best player on the pitch in KDB, but we I think we have a chance to leave game one with some points.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Injury to an Iranian I believe

Sadios injury hurts. He's been so dominant with Sénégal that they were a legit darkhorse to go deep. Love that man

Me too, really tough luck. He’s good enough that I think they could have gone deep with him in. Big fan of him too, he lessened the pain of Lewy’s long telegraphed later leave. Bayern has more than enough depth in his absence but can’t really say the same for Senegal. Of course, they are shut out today

Reactions: EchoesoftheEighties

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
If Borjan's injury amounts to anything other than precautionary measures, can't see them winning a game. If he's good to go and Davies is as well. I could see them squeezing out 2-4 points.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Here's a question, does anyone else notice that the US really isn't very good at heading the ball? I know that here they really don't want kids heading until 12 years old. I wonder if that might have something to do with it? Is it similar in Canada?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad