Speculation: 2022 Summer/off season Sharks Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
If he gets good value for Burns and Labanc and uses the money on good players and not massive overpayments, I’ll definitely forgive wasting Balcers and Dahlen.

Just a little worried this is leading into a Kadri 8.5x7
Kadri won’t come to the Sharks.

Rumour has it that he could be Rangers bound (which would be a great pick up for them).

Reactions: Shark Finn

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Could MG deal Burns and Labanc in a 3 team trade and add some of burns salary onto the Labanc deal, like that 3rd team that takes Labanc, takes some salary in the trade for future considerations, then we retain some, just not all, to make the Burns deal work?

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Could MG deal Burns and Labanc in a 3 team trade and add some of burns salary onto the Labanc deal, like that 3rd team that takes Labanc, takes some salary in the trade for future considerations, then we retain some, just not all, to make the Burns deal work?
I doubt it, Labanc might get neutral value at his cap hit, but that’s pushing it a bit. Adding more money onto him will not make a trade easy

Reactions: PacificOceanPotion

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Gotta think Gurianov or Faksa is the ask for Burns.
Faksa potentially as a cap dump (probably means SJ sending Bonino back or somewhere else since Faksa is a 4C). Not sure how I feel about Gurianov. Took a big step back in his play last year to the point that he was healthy scratched a few times during the season (including the playoffs). At $2.9M, I would put him closer to cap dump than I would asset right now.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
What about taking on JVR with a first if we clear the room? He’s a player that should fit MGs MO and we could get a major asset out of it
If you mean a meh skater that's big but doesn't use his size, then sure he fits. If you're just googling players that are 6'2+ and 200+ lbs, there's more to it than that. JVR has played small basically his entire career. He's a fine player, but I wouldn't call it accurate that he even fits your perceived "MO" of Grier.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
According to Dreger, EDM still looking to deal Puljijarvi, or however you spell his name. I’m wondering if he’s a guy MG wants. Labanc for JP? Would EDm have room for Banker?

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Not sure how Carolina takes Burns without us retaining a decent amount of salary. They need to sign a lot of players, and don't have many dumps to send back our way. Burns retained for Bear + something? Idek what.

A Dallas trade makes more sense.

According to Dreger, EDM still looking to deal Puljijarvi, or however you spell his name. I’m wondering if he’s a guy MG wants. Labanc for JP? Would EDm have room for Banker?
They could have room for Labanc if we were to take Ceci or Foegle back. Not sure if they'd do it though. Labanc's cap hit is pretty big for what he brings.

I doubt Labanc gets dealt, but it would have to be to a team with some cap room that could take on a reclamation project like Seattle, New Jersey or Arizona.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Not sure how Carolina takes Burns without us retaining a decent amount of salary. They need to sign a lot of players, and don't have many dumps to send back our way. Burns retained for Bear + something? Idek what.

A Dallas trade makes more sense.
Gardiner would be the dump returned most likely in Carolina's case.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
If you mean a meh skater that's big but doesn't use his size, then sure he fits. If you're just googling players that are 6'2+ and 200+ lbs, there's more to it than that. JVR has played small basically his entire career. He's a fine player, but I wouldn't call it accurate that he even fits your perceived "MO" of Grier.
No he’s not super physical but didn’t you just tell me that we weren’t looking only for guys that hit?

I just think it’s a smart bet to not waste long term money and get an asset

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
No he’s not super physical but didn’t you just tell me that we weren’t looking only for guys that hit?

I just think it’s a smart bet to not waste long term money and get an asset
Hence why I said your "perceived 'MO' of Grier". He's a big body but plays more like a finesse forward rather than playing on the boards and doing the dirty work. He's a good net front guy on the PP (where he actually uses his size), but overall there's a reason fans have labeled him soft for years.

Regardless though, Philly is unlikely to get Johnny Hockey so their need to move JVR attached with a 1st rounder is likely nil (as has been reported by a few outlets on Twitter).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad