Speculation: 2022 Summer/off season Sharks Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
So Burns for picks then? I hate to only get picks for someone of Burns' caliber, but he's been declining in recent years. I wouldn't mind maybe picks and a somewhat above average prospect, and maybe a goalie.
Cap space is the most valuable asset for Burns. The prospects or players that would be coming back from either of those teams are probably not going to do this roster any good unless you can add something to Burns to pry Necas from Carolina in a buy low situation after Jarvis took his spot for cheaper last year. That sad, I doubt an organization as smart as Carolina would do something like that.

Another Flame to free agency

He's one that I could see in SJ given the statement about getting bigger and tougher on defense. Skates well and is a big body. Has still struggled to put it all together at the NHL level, but he played better in Calgary last year, albeit in a sheltered 3rd pairing minutes role. Him and Colin Miller are two D-Men that I would be interested in tomorrow with Burns likely out the door and the Sharks in need of 2nd pairing mins to be filled.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Cap space is the most valuable asset for Burns. The prospects or players that would be coming back from either of those teams are probably not going to do this roster any good unless you can add something to Burns to pry Necas from Carolina in a buy low situation after Jarvis took his spot for cheaper last year. That sad, I doubt an organization as smart as Carolina would do something like that.

He's one that I could see in SJ given the statement about getting bigger and tougher on defense. Skates well and is a big body. Has still struggled to put it all together at the NHL level, but he played better in Calgary last year, albeit in a sheltered 3rd pairing minutes role. Him and Colin Miller are two D-Men that I would be interested in tomorrow with Burns likely out the door and the Sharks in need of 2nd pairing mins to be filled.
Zadorov is a lefty.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Don’t forget Zadorovs expected deal is a 4.5x4, so would be an excellent choice for a team that desperately needs cap
Is that really what people are expecting he’s going to get?

Dude got 3rd pairing at best minutes in Calgary (3rd team in 3 years), doesn’t put up points, and was heavily sheltered in zone starts. He’s a #5 D-Man that will play the body and skates well for his size. Someone is going to look really stupid if that’s what they pay him.

Zadorov is a lefty.
Miller would be the Burns replacement in this situation.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
GMMG: "Let's just cut the bullshit and let bygones be bygones. We'll reinstate your contract. Final offer."
EK9: "Fine."
GMMG: "FINE."

Reactions: themelkman

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
GMMG: "Let's just cut the bullshit and let bygones be bygones. We'll reinstate your contract. Final offer."
EK9: "Fine."
GMMG: "FINE."
EK65, Vlasic, and Couture demand a trade. HF Sharks erect a statue for Grier.

Great Makohead Shork

Apr 25, 2022
McCarthy said in his media availability today that the best players are going to make the team and "this isn't a rebuild, it's a recharge."

First time I've heard that "r" word used. Is a recharge a lighter retool? Somewhere between a rebuild and retool? Replacing Patty's veins with cables so Cyborg Marleau can defend his all time games played record for an eternity? McCarthy did say he showed up to the rink unannounced...

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
McCarthy said in his media availability today that the best players are going to make the team and "this isn't a rebuild, it's a recharge."

First time I've heard that "r" word used. Is a recharge a lighter retool? Somewhere between a rebuild and retool? Replacing Patty's veins with cables so Cyborg Marleau can defend his all time games played record for an eternity? McCarthy did say he showed up to the rink unannounced...

Was he talking about the Sharks or the Barracuda?

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta

I don’t think it matters much. It’s whatever Grier wants it to be, and it won’t be over until the next guy decides

Great Makohead Shork

Apr 25, 2022
Was he talking about the Sharks or the Barracuda?
Sharks.

Curtis asked him about letting players marinate in the AHL for some seasoning. This was McCarthy's answer: "The Sharks are going to be competitive, right, so the best players are going to make the team." Later adds: "The best players will play on the Sharks."

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Good that Malkin can finish his career with Pittsburgh. Hopefully he can stay healthy because he's still a beast when on the ice.

Reactions: Shark Finn

mogambomoroo

Oct 12, 2020
Cautiously excited about free agency!

It's going to be personally hard to let Brent Burns go, I know it's not official yet. That was one of the guys I really wanted to witness in October for my first Sharks match but this is the name of the game. One of the greatest Sharks players all time, gonna go down as the best defensemen of the Sharks so far.

Labanc had a lot potential when he had Jumbo by his side, but then again who doesn't when you play with Jumbo. I hope they get a trade done, to get some cap space. Great memories from the Game 7 4 points in 5 minute PP.

I kinda like that things are changing fast, after Pavs left there wasn't a lot that really excited the fanbase (if you don't count drafting Eklund, Meier 5-goal night against LA and Bordeleau OT winner against Vegas)
Let there be more positive things for the next chapter of San Jose Sharks

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013

Sounds like that happening later this week or later this summer thing was premature potentially. Curious what the return looks like for the Sharks and scared of what sort of contract/retention gets latched onto the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad