Speculation: 2022 Summer/off season Sharks Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Marchment may get more empathy from Sharks organization due to his father's death. Wouldn't might another player like Bryan in the system.
Mason is also 6'4", 220 lbs, big kid who can score while bringing the other qualities Grier seems to covet. Undrafted, real hard working type who is a super late bloomer. The personal connection the team makes sense as well.

Selachimorpha

Feb 18, 2015
Some names that Sharks could be looking at that fit Griers archetype and that we could possibly afford, Mason Marchment, Evan Rodrigues, Andrew Copp, Frank Vetrano, and Max Domi,

Andre Burakovsky, Ondrej Palat, and Nino Niederreiter would be the next tier up and there would have to be some major capspace made, like Burns and Banker.

Kadri, Malkin, and Giroux types are probably a pipedream. You have to get the player to actually want to come play in San Jose.
Even your first tier is most likely unattainable with such little cap space available. Plus, these guys would have to choose to sign here over another situation, which is a hard sell without a coach in place. My gut is that we're looking/might sign guys who are primarily just happy to get another deal. Remember a few years ago, we signed a FA (forgetting who) who said we were the only ones who called? That's where we are now....

Deslauriers
Lemieux
Archibald
Paquette
Lyubushkin

Reactions: themelkman

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
LeBrun said on Insider Trading that a Burns trade could happen by the end of the week from what he is hearing. Said he is hearing Carolina and Dallas, which he also said are places believed to be on his 3 team trade list.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Grinner

May 31, 2022
Say no to all the chip off the ole SOB's.
No to Domi, Lemieux or Tkachuk.
Haven't seen enough on Marchments son to say

Selachimorpha

Feb 18, 2015
LeBrun said on Insider Trading that a Burns trade could happen by the end of the week from what he is hearing. Said he is hearing Carolina and Dallas, which he also said are places believed to be on his 3 team trade list.
Guess that'll make up for Kane's cap space :sarcasm:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Mason is also 6'4", 220 lbs, big kid who can score while bringing the other qualities Grier seems to covet. Undrafted, real hard working type who is a super late bloomer. The personal connection the team makes sense as well.
I’m mostly worried about his contract. I think he gets 5-6 years at 5-6M which is WAY too much.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
What could Burns get from Dallas/Carolina? Any ideas, if you were Grier?

Carolina would probably offer us picks, the quality of which increases with more retention.

Dallas would probably want to dump one of their similarly awful contracts/players to us like Benn or Seguin.

Last edited:

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I really don't follow this thread, so I'm sure it's been answered in the last 39 pages, but I'm too lazy to check. Is there anything to be excited about tomorrow from a Shark fan perspective? I feel like the Sharks are still that outsider looking in and Grier still is too new to make that big splash. I don't expect a Blackhawks like move for the Sharks, but I feel like this season is be just "there", same as the last few years.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I really don't follow this thread, so I'm sure it's been answered in the last 39 pages, but I'm too lazy to check. Is there anything to be excited about tomorrow from a Shark fan perspective? I feel like the Sharks are still that outsider looking in and Grier still is too new to make that big splash. I don't expect a Blackhawks like move for the Sharks, but I feel like this season is be just "there", same as the last few years.
I don’t think there is although Grier seems to be intent on creating cap space. I’m hoping more for some offloading.

• Wow

thrillermiller89

Jan 19, 2010
San Jose
Am I the only one who thinks that Simek, Labanc, and Vlasic have zero or negative value and that a buy out of all 3 would be a great way to get some additional $$$

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I don’t think there is although Grier seems to be intent on creating cap space. I’m hoping more for some offloading.

So Burns for picks then? I hate to only get picks for someone of Burns' caliber, but he's been declining in recent years. I wouldn't mind maybe picks and a somewhat above average prospect, and maybe a goalie.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Am I the only one who thinks that Simek, Labanc, and Vlasic have zero or negative value and that a buy out of all 3 would be a great way to get some additional $$$
The penalty for that would be crazy. Simek and Labanc can probably be moved but we're stuck with Pickles for at the very least this season.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
So Burns for picks then? I hate to only get picks for someone of Burns' caliber, but he's been declining in recent years. I wouldn't mind maybe picks and a somewhat above average prospect, and maybe a goalie.
I honestly have no idea. It is bittersweet. I’m still a huge fan of his but he serves no purpose for us now.

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013
Some names that Sharks could be looking at that fit Griers archetype and that we could possibly afford, Mason Marchment, Evan Rodrigues, Andrew Copp, Frank Vetrano, and Max Domi,

Andre Burakovsky, Ondrej Palat, and Nino Niederreiter would be the next tier up and there would have to be some major capspace made, like Burns and Banker.

Kadri, Malkin, and Giroux types are probably a pipedream. You have to get the player to actually want to come play in San Jose.
I'd put Copp in at least the second tier if not right on the edge of the top tier. He made himself a ton of money this year. Probably going to be getting $6M a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad