GDT: 2022 STANLEY CUP discussion thread. Tor-2 TB-1, Car-2 Bos-1, Min-2 StL-1, Edm-2 LAK-1, Was-2 Fla-1, Pit-2 NYR-1, Col-3 Nas-0, Cal-1 Dal-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Habs got a heck of a return for Chiarot who is clearly the #6 D on this Panthers team.
This shows how bad our D Corps was/is when Chiarot played 22+ minutes every night.

His next contract will be interesting.

Giroux demanded to be traded to Florida...🤣🤣🤣
Edmundson will get the same ending as Chariot. Another third pair dman playing top minutes.

Watch Hugues get us a 1st round for him also

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Florida is lacking that playoff identity by the looks of it. There are just certain players and teams get its a different grind.

In playoffs there is no space, every play is contested. Florida just seems to think its regular season and they have all the time in the world to globetrotter

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Florida is lacking that playoff identity by the looks of it. There are just certain players and teams get its a different grind.

In playoffs there is no space, every play is contested. Florida just seems to think its regular season and they have all the time in the world to globetrotter
some teams learn that the hard way. looking at you, Leafs

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
If Florida loses that one...you have to hope that they'll panic and make moves that will make them a worst team. 'Cause if not...that team is right on top again.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Let Florida choke for our sake.
They lose. Barkov retires out of shame. Huberdeau forces a trade in the summer. Ekblad retires due to the accumulated injuries ala Weber. Everyone regresses into 20 point players without two 100-point caliber players on the team. They miss playoffs finishing 10th to last, but win the lottery giving the Habs the first overall pick.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
If Florida loses that one...you have to hope that they'll panic and make moves that will make them a worst team. 'Cause if not...that team is right on top again.
Why would they panic?

It's not an aging team and while JH's contract is expiring it is expiring at the same time as PH's contract and PH is a mostly useless vet on the verge of retirement who can be replaced by a 1.x millions player.

Their bigger problem is SB's contract specially with Knight in the system.

They lose. Barkov retires out of shame. Huberdeau forces a trade in the summer. Ekblad retires due to the accumulated injuries ala Weber. Everyone regresses into 20 point players without two 100-point caliber players on the team. They miss playoffs finishing 10th to last, but win the lottery giving the Habs the first overall pick.
You have better odds at winning the 649 ;)

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
lolz Avs broadcast has former ref Don Koharski going on the record saying the goal should be overturned. of course it's not though. takeaway: none of these bozos know what they're doing :laugh:

also: our boy Lehkonen gets power play time on the consensus favorite to win the cup? maybe he's better than we realized during his time here? he used to take a good amount of criticism i recall. 🤔🤔🤔

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
That was a bad play by the goalie Ingram. Just gave it away to the Avs player with an empty net to shoot at.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Why would they panic?

It's not an aging team and while JH's contract is expiring it is expiring at the same time as PH's contract and PH is a mostly useless vet on the verge of retirement who can be replaced by a 1.x millions player.

Their bigger problem is SB's contract specially with Knight in the system.

You have better odds at winning the 649 ;)
About the same odds as the Habs going to the finals last year. ;)

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I really don't get why when top teams in their prime lose before the semis all the fans around here are packing saying those teams are bad and will never win anything while there's still a good 5 years left to their window. It's the same every year and it bothers me a lot.

Caps and Pens are a prime example of you should never panic when your team is in its prime. After their 1st cup there was hot takes on pens every time after their early exits. They remained patient and eventually won two other cups. Caps were losers for like 10 years until they were not. They remained patient and waited for the right opportunities.

Doesn't always work i mean you got the Sharks but still when the team core is in its prime no need to panic you remain patient and try again next year. As long as you seriously try no need to panic.

Reactions: OnceWasNot

expy

Nov 2, 2010
So many teams where the starting goaltenders didn't start the playoffs or got injured early, such an odd year.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Frankly, I don't care anymore if Leafs win it all. If anything, it puts more pressure on our team to be relevant again.

What I want is a better pick. Which means, Calgary has to lose. And teams behind them in the standings needs to the Conference Finals.

Ultra best Scenario.

No Divisional winners go the Conference Finals. Which means, Colorado, Florida, Carolina and Flames loses before the Conference Finals. So in points Flames pick would be at 24. So frankly, if Flames don't go in a Confrence Finals, we can have from the pick 24th to 27th. 24th if no divisional winners go the Conference Finals. We lose one rank everytime a divisional winner go to the Conference Finals.

OnceWasNot

Jul 28, 2009
I really don't get why when top teams in their prime lose before the semis all the fans around here are packing saying those teams are bad and will never win anything while there's still a good 5 years left to their window. It's the same every year and it bothers me a lot.

Caps and Pens are a prime example of you should never panic when your team is in its prime. After their 1st cup there was hot takes on pens every time after their early exits. They remained patient and eventually won two other cups. Caps were losers for like 10 years until they were not. They remained patient and waited for the right opportunities.

Doesn't always work i mean you got the Sharks but still when the team core is in its prime no need to panic you remain patient and try again next year. As long as you seriously try no need to panic.

Right. Even if you're among the best teams in the league for 5 years the probability of winning just one series every year is well below 100%. No need to panic over losing unless your team is aged and your window closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad