GDT: 2022 STANLEY CUP discussion thread. Tor-2 TB-1, Car-2 Bos-1, Min-2 StL-1, Edm-2 LAK-1, Was-2 Fla-1, Pit-2 NYR-1, Col-3 Nas-0, Cal-1 Dal-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
lolz Avs broadcast has former ref Don Koharski going on the record saying the goal should be overturned. of course it's not though. takeaway: none of these bozos know what they're doing :laugh:

also: our boy Lehkonen gets power play time on the consensus favorite to win the cup? maybe he's better than we realized during his time here? he used to take a good amount of criticism i recall. 🤔🤔🤔
Or maybe he's on a talented team, can't forget that.

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I really don't get why when top teams in their prime lose before the semis all the fans around here are packing saying those teams are bad and will never win anything while there's still a good 5 years left to their window. It's the same every year and it bothers me a lot.

Caps and Pens are a prime example of you should never panic when your team is in its prime. After their 1st cup there was hot takes on pens every time after their early exits. They remained patient and eventually won two other cups. Caps were losers for like 10 years until they were not. They remained patient and waited for the right opportunities.

Doesn't always work i mean you got the Sharks but still when the team core is in its prime no need to panic you remain patient and try again next year. As long as you seriously try no need to panic.
Your post made me think we were like the Sharks of the Eastern conference during this era. Some great regular season teams and a couple of deep playoff runs.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Or maybe he's on a talented team, can't forget that.
I've watched a handful of Avs games since he joined them and he definitely gets looks that he would never ever get here in Montreal. Habs are typically a garbage team when it comes to playmaking.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
2 mins charging seemed like the right call there
I agree, but 'right call' and 'what was called' can be two different things.

I've been out all day doing Mother's Day stuff with the wife so I'm just catching up on today's events.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Your post made me think we were like the Sharks of the Eastern conference during this era. Some great regular season teams and a couple of deep playoff runs.
The problem for me is we did not really try. I mean we tried when we got Vanek and Petry but then after that we stood pat for a while watching Price and Weber getting older while acquiring some depth but what we really needed was a first line center.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
He is a good player but when he was here he wasted a lot of prime scoring opportunities, it's good seeing him do well.
He was always good in the playoffs. Scored 6 goals in 33 playoffs game here which is a pace of 15 goals in 82 games so not bad for a guy used as a middle six forward. He had the tendency to fall asleep in the regular season though but he's getting older so maybe he'll find more consistency in the upcoming years. Avs will likely not be able to retain both AB and VN so i think Lehkonen is a good addition as an insurance policy for next season.

Reactions: OldCraig71

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
He was always good in the playoffs. Scored 6 goals in 33 playoffs game here which is a pace of 15 goals in 82 games so not bad for a guy used as a middle six forward. He had the tendency to fall asleep in the regular season though but he's getting older so maybe he'll find more consistency in the upcoming years. Avs will likely not be able to retain both AB and VN so i think Lehkonen is a good addition as an insurance policy for next season.
He works his tail off and is much more valuable on a stacked team in Colorado, it's good to see him do well.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Can't help but feel Shesterkin got "Thomas'd" this year. The Bruins sat Thomas down the stretch against contenders and let him play all the easy matchups(easy to do when your backup is Rask) to finish with a ridiculously high SV% in 2011. I don't think Shesterkin is a .935 level goalie and there's no way he would have sustained those numbers in a 70+ start season. Even with ten more games I'm sure he would have finished at .930 or below.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Pens also have their third string goalie in net. Any game left they're massive underdogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad