GDT: 2022 STANLEY CUP discussion thread. Tor-2 TB-1, Car-2 Bos-1, Min-2 StL-1, Edm-2 LAK-1, Was-2 Fla-1, Pit-2 NYR-1, Col-3 Nas-0, Cal-1 Dal-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Leafs are very tops on hate list for me because:
A) the fans even during their 15 years of complete crap play had no humility and still talked the most $hit
B) every station has Leafs homer announcers and the brand is shoved down my throat.

Not many teams I’d cheer in the east maybe FLA.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Absolutely none of this matters............the post I was responding to was criticizing danault because of McDavids production. I pointed out that production came when danault was off the ice. The team being sad they lost really isn't germane to the conversation in any way.
Another loss for the LA danault's last night again....luckily for Phil none of it is his fault!!

Reactions: Runner77 and ReHabs

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Looks like Oilers will make short work of LAK. LAK are too young on D and on their 3rd & 4th lines. Remember, Doughty is out injured too, so this is just an opportunity for their young players to get playoff experience.

The only reason LAK won game 1 is because of Quick, and Smith's dumb ass pass.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I still like my scenario and actually voiced it before the series started. Leafs go into auto parade mode guaranteed. That team has to win a round sooner or later and it may as well be now. Take out those cheating f***S.
TO has been the better team so far. Tampas hasn’t had an answer for their relentless forecheck.

You also have to wonder if fatigue is a factor. Two cups and they were still playing hockey in July.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Another loss for the LA danault's last night again....luckily for Phil none of it is his fault!!

Yeah, if LA lost game 3 then that means he obviously played poorly in games 1 and 2 as well. No petty agenda here...

This doesn't even mention that, once again, he wasn't the one being burned on these goals.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Yeah, if LA lost game 3 then that means he obviously played poorly in games 1 and 2 as well. No petty agenda here...

This doesn't even mention that, once again, he wasn't the one being burned on these goals.

I agree, it's not fair to blame Danault because his team sucks, he's also contributing offensively, unlike last year with us.

But he was burned by RNH, on his 1st goal.

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
I agree, it's not fair to blame Danault because his team sucks, he's also contributing offensively, unlike last year with us.

But he was burned by RNH, on his 1st goal.

Even Lidstrom got burned once in a while. Defensive perfection is impossible in hockey.

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
Being at the leafs/lightning game yesterday really made me jealous, playoffs hockey is the best, I'm happy about the rebuild, but I can't wait until we get back in there with the big boys. Hopefully by then we'll have some actual talent on the team.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Leafs are very tops on hate list for me because:
A) the fans even during their 15 years of complete crap play had no humility and still talked the most $hit
B) every station has Leafs homer announcers and the brand is shoved down my throat.

Not many teams I’d cheer in the east maybe FLA.
The worst scum in the NHL is Tampa now. I'd rather see Toronto win it all than them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad