Rumor: 2022 Sabres Trade Deadline chatter

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Toronto was apparently kicking tires on Miller a few months ago. I'll see if I can dig that stuff back up. Sadly, I expect them to move sooner than Miller is able to play due to Muzzin being on LTIR so that avenue seems narrow if not closed.

Anderson's value isn't only in his raw numbers - the teams that have come up in press chatter have done so in the way that a less expensive but capable backup would be the option (Rangers, Vegas, Florida). He makes his home in Florida, it wouldn't be a surprise if that's where he goes. Again, we might not think it's a nice thing for the team to do, but like the Torey Mitchell deal, goodwill toward players is a way to build reputation.

Topi Niemela. Start there :) Cross the border tax. I'll also take Roni Hirvonen.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
I find it hard to believe that anyone wants the trash Adams is willing to trade..
True, same thing here every year. But they should get ok picks for Miller and or Hagg, and aperhaps a utility guy and "maybe" a surprise hockey deal (Mitts, Olauffson, Joker).

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Are there any actual rumors or is this whole thing just another roster speculation thread with a different name?

Reactions: jc17

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
I find it hard to believe that anyone wants the trash Adams is willing to trade..
I don't disagree, just adding the observation that the trash Sabres are willing to trade or even let go for nothing tends to have a way of shining elsewhere, Hagel being the latest example.
Really shrewed GMs may have figured that out by now.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
There was this earlier about Miller - https://thehockeywriters.com/maple-leafs-better-2nd-pair-acquiring-colin-miller/

Recent tire-kicking of Olofsson by the Rangers - Rangers may have investigated acquiring Sabres RFA Victor Olofsson

And some comments about Anderson possibly going to a number of teams looking to squeeze dollars out of their backup netminder position, including the Avs before Francouz returned from injury and a few weeks ago the Panthers because he makes his home there in Parkland.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I see buffalo possibly adding conditions on picks in trade such as

Miller for a 4th but if he plays in playoffs it’s a 3 rd, become a 2nd if he plays half the playoff games or more

same with Andersen. If he ends up starting games in the playoffs the picks go up.

Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
SportsNet listed every Sabres UFA as trade bait including Drake Caggilua. I'm going to say that's highly unlikely. Mentioned both Miller and Eakin as the two most likely to get interest.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
NHL trade deadline: What to expect from all 32 teams

Buffalo Sabres

Projected Deadline Cap Space: $66.385 million

Notable UFAs: Cody Eakin, Mark Jankowski, Johnny Boychuk, Colin Miller, Will Butcher, Mark Pysyk, Craig Anderson, Dustin Tokarski, Robert Hagg, Vinnie Hinostroza, Malcolm Subban, Drake Caggiula, John Hayden, Andrew Oglevie

Notable RFAs: Victor Olofsson, Jacob Bryson

What the Sabres lack in quality, they certainly make up for in quantity when it comes to potential trade pieces heading into this year’s trade deadline. None of their pending UFAs is likely to land a significant haul in return. A player like Cody Eakin might be a nice fit for a team looking for some bottom-end depth and faceoff help. But two of their more valued assets — Vinnie Hinostroza and Colin Miller — have been sidelined with injuries that have kept them off the ice for several weeks. A team might look at Craig Anderson as a third goaltender for insurance purposes, considering he boasts a .929 save percentage in 48 career playoff games. But no matter how you slice this, it’s hard to envision the Sabres making a bold or splashy move in the weeks ahead with this current roster.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I'm only moving Anderson for a 2nd. A 3rd or later pick is more than likely not going to be a big help down the line, and this team needs to win some games

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee

Colin Miller, Mark Pysyk, and Hinostroza aren't necessarily trash. Though I cannot disagree to a point that we're just pedaling very minimal pieces. You move what you have to offer. Unless someone makes a strong play for someone like Olofsson, there's not a ton we're looking to move.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Colin Miller, Mark Pysyk, and Hinostroza aren't necessarily trash. Though I cannot disagree to a point that we're just pedaling very minimal pieces. You move what you have to offer. Unless someone makes a strong play for someone like Olofsson, there's not a ton we're looking to move.
Feels weird to not have anyone more valuable to dump this trade deadline.

edit: feels like we usually have more to offer at the deadline

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Feels weird to not have anyone more valuable to dump this trade deadline.

edit: feels like we usually have more to offer at the deadline
Oloffson "might" get you a late first or good player, he is playing better now, looks healthy and opens up a top 9 spot for Quinn/JJ if moved.

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Sportsnet's graphic last night had every UFA on the Sabres on it... which included Caggiula who is out until next year with his spinal fusion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad