Rumor: 2022 Sabres Trade Deadline chatter

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
The idea of trading VO when his value is clearly at it's lowest possible point due to an injury that prevented him from utilizing his greatest strength unless offered a ludicrous overpay would be brain damaged Chihuahua level stupid, so I 100% expect it to happen.

I’m praying you didn’t just stumble upon the next nickname. Kevin “brain damaged chihuahua” Adams has a certain ring to it though.

Anyways, I gotta think VO is just doing the hockey thing and avoiding any thought that he’s making excuses. His shot don’t look right, I’d guess something’s messed with his shoulder. Either way, I doubt we see him moved. Miller should be gone if he gets healthy. I know it’s kinda a hole on our roster, but I hate his game so much I’d be happy to see him leave. Ditto Eakin and Bjork- don’t care if we don’t have replacements, roll 3 lines if ya have to, just trade ‘em for future considerations.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I like Friedman, but man, he such a tool for agents, and gm agenda's lol

Saying that if I was Drury I would be more interested in Forsberg over VO as well, But will Nashville trade him going into the playoffs? Maybe there is a big piece involved with the Rangers going back ?

In the end I think KA gets a 3rd for Miller, and couple low round pics for others like Anderson for ie
I'll jump in from the minority side. I think he pulls a first for him.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Bjork at this point has nothing but negative value for both value, term, AAV and that it counts against the 50-contract limit. Putting him in there isn't adding an oar to the rowboat, it's putting a hole in the rowboat.
Man, I know, it was just a joke, but they need to get rid of Bjork somehow, I would even trade him in Chicago for Connolly, only to not see him in the lineup anymore.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Man, I know, it was just a joke, but they need to get rid of Bjork somehow, I would even trade him in Chicago for Connolly, only to not see him in the lineup anymore.
And you didn't like my idea of buying out Bjork?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
And you didn't like my idea of buying out Bjork?
No, why, they can buying, I don’t care what to do with him, buying, trade him or send him to Rochester, but I don’t want to see Bjork in lineup.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I imagine Adams adds something small but ultimately a 1 and Miller are the main pieces.
That doesn't make any sense whatsoever with how the trade deadline tends to work. Teams don't just throw first round picks around anymore, they only give them up for players that they're specifically targeting as the main additions they want. It's really hard to see a team viewing Miller as that type of player. Adding a throw-in isn't going to change that. The only way Miller could move in a deal for a first round pick is if he's the throw-in and whoever he's being traded with is the guy the other team really wants.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I’m praying you didn’t just stumble upon the next nickname. Kevin “brain damaged chihuahua” Adams has a certain ring to it though.

Anyways, I gotta think VO is just doing the hockey thing and avoiding any thought that he’s making excuses. His shot don’t look right, I’d guess something’s messed with his shoulder. Either way, I doubt we see him moved. Miller should be gone if he gets healthy. I know it’s kinda a hole on our roster, but I hate his game so much I’d be happy to see him leave. Ditto Eakin and Bjork- don’t care if we don’t have replacements, roll 3 lines if ya have to, just trade ‘em for future considerations.

I’ve said in other thread …

there is an injury to his shoulder or upper arm.

in other sports he’d have surgery because you need to lift arms up above the shoulder. In hockey you don’t need that motion—- but it’s used in generating slap shots. He can’t shoot like he did.

he has surgery in April or right after the season.

I had an injury like this. It affecting things like throwing/ catching a ball. These muscles aren’t used in snap or wrist shots.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
That doesn't make any sense whatsoever with how the trade deadline tends to work. Teams don't just throw first round picks around anymore, they only give them up for players that they're specifically targeting as the main additions they want. It's really hard to see a team viewing Miller as that type of player. Adding a throw-in isn't going to change that. The only way Miller could move in a deal for a first round pick is if he's the throw-in and whoever he's being traded with is the guy the other team really wants.

I agree teams aren’t giving away 1sts.

fir Miller I see a 2nd+. Dmrn like him have historically been traded for a 2nd+ something else.

the 2nd could be a 1st if the team makes final 4 picking 29-32. RHD are in high demand.

Risto is not the lynchpin in thst because Philly traded fir him and will want something near equal coming back.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Bjork at this point has nothing but negative value for both value, term, AAV and that it counts against the 50-contract limit. Putting him in there isn't adding an oar to the rowboat, it's putting a hole in the rowboat.

set aside the issue of Bjork and how he is pkaying otpr the fact he’s stuck to Eakin….

his contract is a nothing issue. He can sit as a 13/14 F. He can be sent to Rochester. He can be a throw in contract in a trade.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I don't think so, especially with this injury, but great if they do.

The kids on wgr this morning were saying Pysyk might get a 2nd-3rd as well. Not too sure about that one either tbh
Well they should retain 50% and maybe we'll get 2nd, RD market is tight and Miller had a good season.

Jimmybarndoor2

Jul 24, 2021
If Anderson goes, it will be a decent return. He was here to mentor upl. I gotta think that’s still the intent

miller is getting fixed. Hopefully he comes back good as new. Rhd hard to find now. They re-sign him. Who knows. Think gets a second I healtyh

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
If Anderson goes, it will be a decent return. He was here to mentor upl. I gotta think that’s still the intent

miller is getting fixed. Hopefully he comes back good as new. Rhd hard to find now. They re-sign him. Who knows. Think gets a second I healtyh
Idk what Adams will get for Anderson, but his save percentage is starting to drop, hopefully he'll still be decent in front of TDL.

Don't re-sign Miller, he's not very good on defense and it's not hard to find new RDs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad