Red Sox/MLB 2022 Regular Season VII: Red Sox eliminated from playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I listened to Fleming and he said can’t say it but big news coming - watched Sam Kennedy and he hinted at something big they as in Henry & Bloom are going all in

Also a Schwarber/Renfoe replacement

Looks like Joc left the Giants due to a family emergency

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
FB_IMG_1665003501288.jpg

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I listened to Fleming and he said can’t say it but big news coming - watched Sam Kennedy and he hinted at something big they as in Henry & Bloom are going all in

Also a Schwarber/Renfoe replacement

Are we sure this isn't the announcement that they have gone back to real ketchup?

KesselBuiltMyHotrod

Aug 2, 2005
MA
Nice tribute to Eck!

He will be missed!

Youk
My nephew
The mailman
Almost every person who has ever seen an inning of baseball

Mazz
I gave him a chance but I've come to loathe Mazz. I might be able to get over the obnoxious voice but he's so vapid and useless and doesn't know when to shut up (which he should 99% of the time). Not a fan of Youk either but I could see him growing into the role.

Reactions: sarge88

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
I gave him a chance but I've come to loathe Mazz. I might be able to get over the obnoxious voice but he's so vapid and useless and doesn't know when to shut up (which he should 99% of the time). Not a fan of Youk either but I could see him growing into the role.
He has no breath control. He sounds like he’s going to pass out after he completes every sentence.

DieSendungmitderMaus

Apr 14, 2018
Anyone remember the Johnny Gomes experiment? Worse than Youk imo. But yeah, we're probably in for some lousy broadcasts as they figure it out. Had been spoiled tbf

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Aside from his voice and personality, here’s my issue.

Maybe I’m too old, but I want the color commentators to have played the game at the professional level.

Aside from knowing people in the game, Mazz is nothing more than 99% of the rest of us…..

Just a guy who likes baseball, has opinions, but has never played at the level he’s commenting about.

I want a color guy to say….I remember when we were playing NY in 2003 and XYZ happened.

Mazz can’t do that and it makes a difference in my enjoyment of the broadcast.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
So it's looking like the Braves and Mets may finish tied. Do they still do a one game playoff to determine division winners? Or just use head to head?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
So it's looking like the Braves and Mets may finish tied. Do they still do a one game playoff to determine division winners? Or just use head to head?
One-game playoffs were eliminated this year with playoff expansion, sadly. Everything determined by other tiebreakers like H2H, division record, etc. Braves already clinched the division last night because they own the tiebreakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad