Patriots/NFL 2022 Regular Season Part 2: 7-8 week 17 vs. Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I truly hope they are giving him the support he needs. He did nothing wrong

Impossible to imagine the thoughts and emotions he's having right now. I'm sure his family/friends/others around the league have, are and will check in on him.

Reactions: Alicat

Score8

Apr 6, 2017
I get these tv people have a job to do, and this has to be awfully tough situation to navigate, but some producer needs to tell them to stop talking about rescheduling the game. It’s coming off really frigging bad.

Reactions: LouJersey

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Thankfully I didn't see this. I saw Christian Eriksen in real time. That was the most frightening thing I have ever seen in sports. I 100% thought he died. Amongst the confusion you saw everything in that instance. The motionless body and glazed eyes.

From a football perspective I sincerely hope the NFL doesn't think they need to squeeze this game in now. What's done is done. It's a no contest. If that ends up hurting any particular team in the standings so be it. Any team that dares to complain should be dragged in the media for being absolutely foolish.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
I get these tv people have a job to do, and this has to be awfully tough situation to navigate, but some producer needs to tell them to stop talking about rescheduling the game. It’s coming off really frigging bad.
It’s just reality. How many times can they repeat how unfortunate the situation is and thoughts and prayers? These analysts aren’t prepared for this, they’re winging it. They’re doing a better job than I would.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
They have to mention it because people and flocking to them. Will be interesting to see how local news will handle this as they are scheduled to start at 11:30

Reactions: Score8

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
I cannot even imagine watching a beloved coworker and friend possibly die right in front of me, then have my boss tell me I have 5 minutes to get back to work. Kudos to the coaches and players for doing the right thing. Whoever made the decision to try to restart the game should be shot into the sun.

Reactions: CDJ

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
It’s just reality. How many times can they repeat how unfortunate the situation is and thoughts and prayers? These analysts aren’t prepared for this, they’re winging it. They’re doing a better job than I would.
Almost better off not making anybody talk about it until you get more info. Throw a 30 for 30 on air and break in when you have either news that he will be ok or that the worst has happened.

I cannot even imagine watching a beloved coworker and friend possibly die right in front of me, then have my boss tell me I have 5 minutes to get back to work. Kudos to the coaches and players for doing the right thing. Whoever made the decision to try to restart the game should be shot into the sun.
The dumbest billion dollar enterprise ever

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
Full disclosure, that gofundme is from 2020. I'm sure everyone involved will make sure the right thing happens with all the donations, but people should know

Part of me wishes that, if people had 1.7 million (as of tonite) available to donate to charity, that they had done it without needing someone to nearly die on the field.

Grateful that's he's stable, and hopefully he makes a full recovery. Truly a freakishly scary event.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

It's at least looking exactly like the Christian Eriksen. His heartbeat being restored on the field is very promising and thank God for the players and medical personnel who acted with the needed urgency.

Reactions: Mione134

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
His marketing rep said that they revived him and that his family is with him and that he’s sedated bc of the breathing tube which is standard in cardiac events.

I honestly don’t care about our game. It is meaningless. Damar’s recovery is paramount

Reactions: GabeTravels

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Gooddell is such an ass
Agreed.
He's probably more concerned with a lawsuit and negative press than he is about Damar's health
That's a bit harsh, but you believe what you want. I can understand the sentiment however, based on the shit that gets posted on Twitter by so-called "journalists" like Brendan Sugrue (whoever the f*** he is...) and then re-posted here.

Last edited:

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
The most likely event that occured is commotio cordis. This is the same thing that happened to Chris Pronger.

Basically, blunt force trauma to the chest occurs at the exact moment the hearts rhythmic cycle is restarting, and causes cardiac arrest.

Obviously there could be underlying circumstances, but all signs point to an absolute freak accident.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
The most likely event that occured is commotio cordis. This is the same thing that happened to Chris Pronger.

Basically, blunt force trauma to the chest occurs at the exact moment the hearts rhythmic cycle is restarting, and causes cardiac arrest.

Obviously there could be underlying circumstances, but all signs point to an absolute freak accident.
Tough to say, but that's definitely a possibility. It definitely added a dose of perspective for me, and I'd hope, sports fans in general. Hopefully he has a full recovery and can resume his career, and hopefully people will keep that perspective in mind before they hit send on a tweet the next time he misses a crucial tackle or makes a bad play..

As weird as this may sound, he's actually lucky that this happened on the field, with the equipment and the emergency staff so readily available. They truly saved his life. Had that happened at the grocery store, or at the gym this might have been a very different ending.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Tough to say, but that's definitely a possibility. It definitely added a dose of perspective for me, and I'd hope, sports fans in general. Hopefully he has a full recovery and can resume his career, and hopefully people will keep that perspective in mind before they hit send on a tweet the next time he misses a crucial tackle or makes a bad play..

As weird as this may sound, he's actually lucky that this happened on the field, with the equipment and the emergency staff so readily available. They truly saved his life. Had that happened at the grocery store, or at the gym this might have been a very different ending.
Yeah I mean obviously no one will know what truly happened until a diagnosis is revealed, but I think what I said is the most likely cause. Just makes a lot of sense given what we actually saw.

But you are right, the best place outside of an actual hospital for that to happen, was where it did. Trainers were on the field in something like 15s doing CPR and eventually an AED.

Reactions: RoccoF14

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Pats pushed availability to later this week.

Zo says they are in a holding pattern right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad