Celtics/NBA 2022 Playoffs Part 2: Round 2: Celtics (2) vs. Milwaukee (3) MIL Leads 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
People can be upset that the C's just blew their best shot at a title in forever. The team has been coming up small for years and nothing ever changes. The window is basically closed on this core. We'll be rooting for draft picks soon.
I'll disagree that the window is closed. This season was a massive step forward. Giannis broke through last year at age 26. Brown is 25 and Tatum is 24.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I'll disagree that the window is closed. This season was a massive step forward. Giannis broke through last year at age 26. Brown is 25 and Tatum is 24.
The window isn't closed but need a third scorer while maintaining the d, tough to do. And they need to have a much better, much tougher attitude and stop whining.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maine Fan

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
On the inbounds play to Smart it looked like Udoka was yelling at one of the players after the play went south. Not sure who or what happened there.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Disagree totally. It is an old Red rule three scorers-way before any big three. You will find it is quite common.
not in the NBA in this era it's transitioned to three point shooters there are rarely teams today that have three scorers it's also why Centers ARE obsolete terminology today the way this franchise was remodeled is guards and bigs as Stevens termed it

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
not in the NBA in this era it's transitioned to three point shooters there are rarely teams today that have three scorers it's also why Centers ARE obsolete terminology today the way this franchise was remodeled is guards and bigs as Stevens termed it
As I said,totally disagree..Even the warriors always have three though Draymond's strengths lie elsewhere. Where has the Stevens model gotten us? History, even current history, mostly on my side.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Maybe people just have no confidence in a team that just blew their load at home. A game they should have won. Something about this group you can’t trust. I still remember that conference finals against miami .

They should have some confidence after game 4. We wom at their house. We can do it again

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
As I said,totally disagree..Even the warriors always have three though Draymond's strengths lie elsewhere. Where has the Stevens model gotten us? History, even current history, mostly on my side.
Golden State is a three point team, always has been since Steph and Klay are deadly from that range, hence the "Splash Brothers" moniker it rarely has anything to do with Draymond as the center focus, the way you lock down the Warriors is shut Steph and Klay, when healthy, down.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Golden State is a three point team, always has been since Steph and Klay are deadly from that range, hence the "Splash Brothers" moniker it rarely has anything to do with Draymond as the center focus, the way you lock down the Warriors is shut Steph and Klay, when healthy, down.
They still have three impact players and they developed Poole as a scorer for a reason......You are ignoring my point because it goes against you.....

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Stevens is still new on the job as a GM. Given where this team was early in the season this has been a massive success. You can tinker with the surrounding pieces but at some point it's simply up to Tatum and Brown. Giannis got swept by the Heat in the bubble and then came back last year and won title at 26. Whether Tatum ends up being that true alpha is up to him. Does he have that killer instinct? I know these are old references but the IT Pistons had to finally get through the Celtics and then MJs Bulls had to get through the Pistons.

Some guys never break through. This is ultimately gonna fall on Tatum and Brown. That's it. They can't allow a game like tonight get away.

Reactions: Maine Fan

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Certainly could have used his leadership and all-around play tonight. Instead we blow a huge game because of whing the officials and not trusting one another om a blockout! Disgusting.
not really, Dray doesn't fit the style Udoka runs and that element of physicality resulting in Flagrant violations probably doesn't help when the league cracks down on that every 4th flagrant foul call= 1 game suspensions whether it's a 1 or a 2

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Lack of Rob Williams tonight really showed up for the first time since the initial injury.

Even in games 1-3, he wasn't great, but did enough.

There is no way MIL wins that game if he's in, especially late with the rebounds.

Reactions: Maine Fan and CDJ

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Stevens is still new on the job as a GM. Given where this team was early in the season this has been a massive success. You can tinker with the surrounding pieces but at some point it's simply up to Tatum and Brown. Giannis got swept by the Heat in the bubble and then came back last year and won title at 26. Whether Tatum ends up being that true alpha is up to him. Does he have that killer instinct? I know these are old references but the IT Pistons had to finally get through the Celtics and then MJs Bulls had to get through the Pistons.

Some guys never break through. This is ultimately gonna fall on Tatum and Brown. That's it. They can't allow a game like tonight get away.
Exactly.

Lack of Rob Williams tonight really showed up for the first time since the initial injury.

Even in games 1-3, he wasn't great, but did enough.

There is no way MIL wins that game if he's in, especially late with the rebounds.
So why save him. Should have played.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Will this group show better character? Will they improve their mentality and focus on doing their jobs until the job is done? I am tempted to say no, but since they started sharing the ball this year, I will just say I do not know. .................

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
IMO the Celtics are done for this season's playoff run. Sure there are two games left. Yes RW III could come back for both or one, but he hasn't done jack schitt since his surgery. Brown is too quick for himself and has too many turnovers under pressure. Tatum is still fighting the refs. I enjoyed the team since Stevens acquired White, Hotford, & Theis. Same team next season then the same problem. They need a third scorer.

It has been fun. Frustrating in the 2bd round of the playoffs because they just blew games that we're easy to win.

As always, Celtic fan.

Brad needs more time but was outstanding with what he had.

Go Celtics

Reactions: quietbruinfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad