NHL 2022 -out of town- NHL Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
The Flyers are going to be a complete disaster.

I’m not too hot on the Bruins going into this season, but I’m still interested in the league.

I find the Metro Division to be pretty compelling.

Rangers Devils about to start on NHLN.
From everything I've been able to gather, the culture in the Philly room has been absolutely atrocious -- pitiful attitudes. Throw in the lack of talent on that team. Torts has his work cut out. It is very hard to change the culture of any organization (sports, business, etc), and with rare exception takes time. Hard to just flip a switch. If Torts can turn things around substantially over the next couple years, then he has really accomplished something. If not, well at least he can take solace in his $4M per year.

Reactions: TCB

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
From everything I've been able to gather, the culture in the Philly room has been absolutely atrocious -- pitiful attitudes. Throw in the lack of talent on that team. Torts has his work cut out. It is very hard to change the culture of any organization (sports, business, etc), and with rare exception takes time. Hard to just flip a switch. If Torts can turn things around substantially over the next couple years, then he has really accomplished something. If not, well at least he can take solace in his $4M per year.

I imagine this will be the year where they find out which guys will be part of the solution and which ones will be getting shipped out.

And they'll be hoping for some draft lottery luck, but the first few picks certainly look strong. Real horserace for the bottom of the league though.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Watching an Austin Watson fight and lmao

Attachments

• A4C407BF-B8B2-4CA1-840D-1F212D8E84AC.jpeg
    A4C407BF-B8B2-4CA1-840D-1F212D8E84AC.jpeg
    96 KB · Views: 4
  • Haha
Reactions: McGarnagle

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Poor Urho. One of those incidents that at first glance looks fairly innocuous but unfortunately he got himself into an awkward position when he slid into the boards and his head took a nasty bump. His pass to setup the goal just beforehand is lovely though - article and video link below. Hope he makes a full and quick recovery.

Ducks' Vaakanainen has full movement, is alert after being stretchered off ice
Glad to see he is awake and has movement, etc. Obviously that’s to the good. But boy did he hit those boards hard and the players called for a doctor from side boards immediately after trainer took a look. Hope kid is ok and recovers fully.

Ummmm....okay. :huh:

Looks like Miss Piggy only with blue hair and broken teeth

Words fail me………. Unbelievable.

Of course all mascots are like mimes to me. Suffice to say I don’t enjoy them.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
SO glad we have Blades
Blades really isn't used/seen all that much.... but yea, I get what the Kraken are trying here since they really have no history of pro hockey modern day-wise.... I'm waiting to see who the mascot is for Coachella Valley, their top affiliate after the whole brouhaha over using Firebirds as a name.... remember, we've had Pirates and skating Parrots in the AHL, and now Savannah has added to that legacy with Davy, the Ghost Pirate, named for Davy Jones' Locker

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Blades really isn't used/seen all that much.... but yea, I get what the Kraken are trying here since they really have no history of pro hockey modern day-wise.... I'm waiting to see who the mascot is for Coachella Valley, their top affiliate after the whole brouhaha over using Firebirds as a name.... remember, we've had Pirates and skating Parrots in the AHL, and now Savannah has added to that legacy with Davy, the Ghost Pirate, named for Davy Jones' Locker
Blades is seen quite a bit at the games at the Garden

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Blades is seen quite a bit at the games at the Garden
not necessarily marketing-wise..... though..... all teams have had that as I stated between a skating parrot..... a Pirate, again, it depends on the organization and philosophy of that franchise or affiliate of a franchise....considering the objections raised when Golden Knights was proposed and the trademark/copyright issues, same when Firebirds was first brought up for Coachella Valley, because that name hadn't been used since Syracuse and Philadelphia (unrelated to the Flyers) and then who owns or controls that trademark, even Maine now has a Puffin as a mascot since we returned in 2018....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad