NHL 2022 -out of town- NHL Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I'm just curious which parts of contracts we're supposed to say influences Pasta's and which are off limits? With Tkachuk and Mackinnon, their high bonus structure was going to influence Pasta's as well as their AAV. Now, with Barzal, are we supposed to only use the AAV and not the structure? Or do we pick and choose to our heart's content, or alternately, fire at anyone who dares say that a contract for the second or third best player in the world - who is a centerman - coming off a SC win won't influence Pasta's deal?

Your rules are quite unclear.

My rules? I believe that every contract influences Pasta's. The better the player, the more it influences it. The closer to him in terms of age, production, and UFA status, the more it influences Pasta's.

I'm not one of the absurd people on this forum who have looked at big contracts this offseason and said, "Has no influence on Pasta's," so not sure what you're talking about. You're literally describing the complete opposite of me and what I've said for months.

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
My rules? I believe that every contract influences Pasta's. The better the player, the more it influences it. The closer to him in terms of age, production, and UFA status, the more it influences Pasta's.

I'm not one of the absurd people on this forum who have looked at big contracts this offseason and said, "Has no influence on Pasta's," so not sure what you're talking about. You're literally describing the complete opposite of me and what I've said for months.
I'm the one who said Mackinnon's deal has no influence on Pasta's. And I'm comfortable saying none of the defensemen did either. Thinking that every contract influences Pasta's is crazy - that's not how it works. You think Pasta's agent saw what Mackinnon got and went and asked for more?

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I'm the one who said Mackinnon's deal has no influence on Pasta's. And I'm comfortable saying none of the defensemen did either. Thinking that every contract influences Pasta's is crazy - that's not how it works. You think Pasta's agent saw what Mackinnon got and went and asked for more?

I'm glad we agree - you're the one with all the "rules" on which contracts matter and which ones don't. Good talk, happy we resolved this.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I'm glad we agree - you're the one with all the "rules" on which contracts matter and which ones don't. Good talk, happy we resolved this.
765A3BA0-CC12-4B56-9AB5-8066346929C0.gif

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
How many chances does Atlanta get ????
DEPENDS ON THE ARENA, it's not SFA..... and from reports it may not be Gas South, either, if that arena in Gwinnett County isn't keen on keeping pro hockey there, whether it be the Gladiators or another franchise.... just because Turner's there as well as Anson Carter potentially being involved is where the comparisons stop.... even if Athens gets approved for a franchise, and that's not exactly a slam dunk is where that rumor got traction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad