GDT: 2022 NHL Trade Deadline Monday, March 21 3pm est

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
While I do appreciate the fancy stats at times, it’s telling to see fans of Western Conference teams calling it a good pickup. I don’t see much of Lindholm but it seems like he has a good reputation.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Not a big fan of reports linking them to Deslauriers (moved to MIN) and Austin Watson. Deslauriers I guess I could get as a Hagelin replacement but shoot higher, guys.

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
Not a big fan of reports linking them to Deslauriers (moved to MIN) and Austin Watson. Deslauriers I guess I could get as a Hagelin replacement but shoot higher, guys.
This is where BMac is shopping at the moment:
tfg-the-freebie-guy.gif

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Now it's basically the non-rental market if they want to go big. (Aside from Fleury, which shouldn't happen and would be needlessly distracting IMO.) Not great given that they'd need to trigger a price point to force teams to make the move ala Hagel.

Can they get Rakell for WPG's second? He's probably the most sensible option left. I don't really see a team stepping up and offering a first for him. Same with Lehkonen.

Reactions: Rayquaza64

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
I guess my question is what are they saving these assets for if not to try to get Ovi another cup? If that isn’t the goal what are we doing here?
The only player moved thus far that has had a positive relative impact to their team is Giroux, and he chose Florida. And then there’s Toffoli, which was a few weeks back.

Hagel is also good but more of a middle 6 forward on a shooting bender rather than a true top 6 guy. I don’t think I would’ve wanted the Caps to pay the price that Tampa did either.

We’ll see what BMac does before Monday afternoon, but not really upset the Caps didn’t acquire any of the players that have been traded so far, even taking out the prices that have been paid.

Reactions: Hivemind

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
The only player moved thus far that has had a positive relative impact to their team is Giroux, and he chose Florida. And then there’s Toffoli, which was a few weeks back.

Hagel is also good but more of a middle 6 forward on a shooting bender rather than a true top 6 guy. I don’t think I would’ve wanted the Caps to pay the price that Tampa did either.

We’ll see what BMac does before Monday afternoon, but not really upset the Caps didn’t acquire any of the players that have been traded so far, even taking out the prices that have been paid.
Oh I’m not mad given what has moved so far either. I just see people freak out about asking prices and I just don’t know why any asset we have would be untouchable.

Reactions: caps4cup

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
One problem with going aggressively all-in right now is that sooner than later they may need those assets for a 2C to replace Backstrom.

Sounds like Fleury could go to Minnesota and finally end the whole saga.

Reactions: Empty Goal Net

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

Giroux appears to be going for far less than other rentals, which makes sense given his desire to go to Florida. Too bad DC wasn't an option because a price like that would have been palatable.

Reactions: Corby78

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Oh I’m not mad given what has moved so far either. I just see people freak out about asking prices and I just don’t know why any asset we have would be untouchable.
Gotcha. I took it as wanting to pay some of those prices for those specific players.

The only asset I wouldn’t trade is CMM (unless it’s for a legitimate top line forward with term like DeBrincat). Other than that, I’d prefer not to over pay but am interested to see what BMac has up his sleeve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad