GDT: 2022 NHL Trade Deadline Monday, March 21 3pm est

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Sometimes the best deals are the ones that don’t happen. Clearly GMBM has been in on a lot of conversations, but not willing to get fleesed doing so. Good for him! I don’t like any of those trades on the outgoing side.

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
evidently according to tarik the caps are eyeing a middle six forward while potentially looking for a top line winger to stick with ovi depending on how the market shapes out, and goalie wise its either MAF or bust. fun two days upcoming!

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
It's still about finding value and that takes patience. WPG's second rounder being relatively high should give them an eventual advantage in the rental forward market. No buyer has a higher second rounder to offer so that should work in their favor. The main issue being how they make the cap work. But they should have some pretty decent options. Nothing game-breaking but solid.

Rakell, Copp, Motte and Domi would seem to be the best options. Rakell & Domi would offer the most offensive upside. Copp & Motte are checkers, albeit a couple of the better ones. Checkers should be fairly in demand given the whole TBL mythology recently. That also holds for Lehkonen potentially. They definitely need to hold the line at not moving the first rounder for any of them but WPG's 2nd could be enough. Motte's salary is low enough with retention to work. The rest would be more complicated.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
evidently according to tarik the caps are eyeing a middle six forward while potentially looking for a top line winger to stick with ovi depending on how the market shapes out, and goalie wise its either MAF or bust. fun two days upcoming!
I don't buy the Fleury or bust. BMac said if they acquire a goalie, it would have to be an upgrade over what they have. I don't want Fleury anymore. Too much drama surrounds Fleury, even though he seems to be a good locker room guy. Reimer, Holtby, Allen or Anderson is what they should be going for. Holtby/Allen apparently are not available, so Reimer would be a good backup for VV. I think he would put up better numbers behind a much better Caps team than the Sharks. Anderson could be a cheap insurance option in case the Caps go through the playoff goalie disaster they had last year.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
FLA, TB and BOS loading up. I’m sure Toronto will make their all in move. That division will be brutal.

PIT, CAR and NYR will try to improve.

Lots of sellers:
ANA: Rakell
MON: Lehkonen
DET:: Bertuzzi (maybe), Leddy
OTT: Paul
CLB: Domi
SEA: Giordano
NJ: ???
PHI: ???
AZ: ???
CHI: ???

Lehkonen (RFA) looks to make the most sense, but a lot of unknowns.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Crazy thought… but what if caps became ”sellers”. Two moves that would make sense while prices are high are Schultz and Sammy. Maybe even Eller. now we would have to bring pieces back but it interesting at least. A contender out West may overpay for RD who can run PP. We can a strong RD prospect and a pick back.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Crazy thought… but what if caps became ”sellers”. Two moves that would make sense while prices are high are Schultz and Sammy. Maybe even Eller. now we would have to bring pieces back but it interesting at least. A contender out West may overpay for RD who can run PP. We can a strong RD prospect and a pick back.

I’d much rather use these players in hockey trades than selling for futures. This core only has so many kicks at the can left and they can’t really afford to waste this year.

Reactions: crab

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
Blah.

Last edited:

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Jesus Christ. Dude. Just trade Ovi at that point. Why are we keeping these core players if we don’t care about trying to win a cup? Just get the re-build start if that is the attitude which luckily BMac does not share. I don’t get this mentality at all.
LOL wanting to move on from JS and Sammy doesnt mean its time to blow it up and trade Ovie. Chill

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
LOL wanting to move on from JS and Sammy doesnt mean its time to blow it up and trade Ovie. Chill
Exactly. Everyone here clamoring to put Schultz on popcorn duty and trade Sammy. I‘m just suggesting that if you can get a return, maybe go ahead and do it. And we know GMBM is working phone on all kinds of things so he could bring in Anderson on cheap, A young RD (as a 4th) and you accomplish a lot. Get a younger RD potential. Solve the goalie problem and VV is the clear number 1. And i think that in itself will help VV.

Reactions: Corby78

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I read his mentality as being let’s trade for prospects.
Fair. I am saying trade Schultz and Sammy to contenders because they will pay big. We get prospects back. Then in separate moves you get someone cheap like Anderson for goalie and somewhere else for a 4RD. We get nothing for Schultz when he show him the door after the season. And sign and trade in offseason for Sammy are more difficult. So do it now since nobody seems to think either add value.

But point is those trades don’t signal you aren’t running for cup. You get value in having VV know he is number 1. Get a 4th RD who is young and will cost less Helps us know and next year. And collect assets as well. Would be a savvy play.

Reactions: TheLegendOfPatPeake

TheLegendOfPatPeake

Jun 12, 2020
Washington D.C.
Fair. I am saying trade Schultz and Sammy to contenders because they will pay big. We get prospects back. Then in separate moves you get someone cheap like Anderson for goalie and somewhere else for a 4RD. We get nothing for Schultz when he show him the door after the season. And sign and trade in offseason for Sammy are more difficult. So do it now since nobody seems to think either add value.

But point is those trades don’t signal you aren’t running for cup. You get value in having VV know he is number 1. Get a 4th RD who is young and will cost less Helps us know and next year. And collect assets as well. Would be a savvy play.
I guess I’m more inclined to look for moves that help them win now. Each year their chances get progressively worse so there is no time to waste. Hence when I hear people get nervous about trading Lapierre or CMM, I say why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad