Post-Game Talk: 2022 NHL TRADE DEADLINE - 3 PM 3/21 - TSN, ESPN+ 8 AM, NHLN/SN 10 AM, NESN 2:30 PM

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1647667871942.png

TSN TRADE TRACKER

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Our team is airtight solid. Playoffs are a different animal. No space no air. Bring it on ! I got what donny did . Its our D and goaltending vs whatever explosive firepower there is. Bring it.
Love your optimism!!! I really do and I hope your right and they could go far or they could go home early but that's the case for every playoff team in the east.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts

Frank Seravalli: “In addition to retaining 50% on Lindholm, #NHLDucks are also taking on D John Moore’s contract as part of the deal. That’s why there is an extra 2nd round pick in there.”
Okay so he gave up a 2nd to take on Moores contract. What did it cost to retain on Lindholm? Since that’s what lots of you are so up in arms about

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Let's be honest, filling a top pair D and top 6 wing all at the deadline is no common for a team to do. If anything fault Sweeney for his offseason putting the team in that position. Things look very interesting for the next couple years IF Bergeron re-signs. assuming they acquire a 2C in the offseason.
This year should be interesting. Can Hall and Pasta carry that 2nd line? They have the skills. You never know who can get hot.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
we’d have a lot more draft capital if donnie didn’t sign bad players to inflated contracts

haula is a nice 3C but he’s not good enough to play top 6 which is an issue because coyle hasn’t bloomed into the 2C they probably thought he would. I like haula and coyle but a legitimate #1b/2 is a real glaring hole.

Reactions: WhalerTurnedBruin55

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Okay so he gave up a 2nd to take on Moores contract. What did it cost to retain on Lindholm? Since that’s what lots of you are so up in arms about
Well a 1st and a 2nd in deep drafts along with a young defenseman who has a pretty good chance to become a top 4, should cover that IMO anyways, but I have np with that and I didn't see anyone complaining about that. Only the 2nd given to take on Moores contract and then sitting on it.

Last edited:

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013

The 50% on lindholm makes zero sense now. You have to figure that if they didn't retain 50% they probably just take Moore without the extra 2nd rounder attached. The extra savings were to make good on the lost money during the pandemic for Monty. Theres no other rational explanation for it. Especially taking into account the history of this cheap skate owning the team. I know...spends to the cap etc...the same cap he caused a lockout over! Major miscues all around but Lindholms extension was excellent.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The 50% on lindholm makes zero sense now. You have to figure that if they didn't retain 50% they probably just take Moore without the extra 2nd rounder attached. The extra savings were to make good on the lost money during the pandemic for Monty. Theres no other rational explanation for it. Especially taking into account the history of this cheap skate owning the team. I know...spends to the cap etc...the same cap he caused a lockout over! Major miscues all around but Lindholms extension was excellent.

Well I guess Sweeney should have either waited til Monday to make the deal so he would know whether he could use the extra dollars. Or maybe because he did this I guess he was required to make a bad deal.

Like Copp would have been nice. A bit of an upgrade at 2 C, and provide depth. Was that worth a #1 in 2023, and likely additional assets?

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
So I’d love to hear what went down with the Domi situation as well as Vancouver because the Bruins are left with a dance card with millions and millions of spaces in dollars on it, unlike any other playoff team.
Unless the phone lines burned, the fax machines broke, and all cell service was taken out via EMP, there’s no excuse for it

Just like he bungled the Krejci departure, he’s bungled this deal. Using assets to free 6mil was a great move as long as he used it.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Unless the phone lines burned, the fax machines broke, and all cell service was taken out via EMP, there’s no excuse for it

Just like he bungled the Krejci departure, he’s bungled this deal. Using assets to free 6mil was a great move as long as he used it.
Kind of hard to just literally buy players at the deadline. Who was there they should have acquired, Domi? Only guy they really missed out on was Braun. I would have gone 3 and 5 on him.

Want to criticize Sweeney? Criticize his off season work
regarding Krejci, Foligno and Forbort, plenty there.

Reactions: Gee Wally

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Kind of hard to just literally buy players at the deadline. Who was there they should have acquired, Domi? Only guy they really missed out on was Braun. I would have gone 3 and 5 on him.

Want to criticize Sweeney? Criticize his off season work
regarding Krejci, Foligno and Forbort, plenty there.
Then why piss away the two picks to save the money?

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
big top 6 forward addition aside, it's a massive failure that they didn't at least get a warm body up front for depth. having Stud, Blidh and...Steen? (what the f*** happened to Steen btw) as your next men up is not ideal.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Love your optimism!!! I really do and I hope your right and they could go far or they could go home early but that's the case for every playoff team in the east.
New Jersey devils teams back In the lemaire Robinson days used this strategy and won cups with brodeur in net. Its old school boring hockey dump and chase trap kill the clock when taking the lead tactics. Donny and cam played tons of those type of games. I now know donny strategy especially after this deadline. He just loaded on goaltending ( ullmark free agency )and D and said come at us now.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
New Jersey devils teams back In the lemaire Robinson days used this strategy and won cups with brodeur in net. Its old school boring hockey dump and chase trap kill the clock when taking the lead tactics. Donny and cam played tons of those type of games. I now know donny strategy especially after this deadline. He just loaded on goaltending ( ullmark free agency )and D and said come at us now.
Similar and actually the Bruins offense is probably better, but I sure wish we had a Stevens or even a Daneyko back there intimidating the hell out of every opponent who dared to cross the red line or go behind the devils net and then you add that with Neids and arguably the best goalie to ever play the game, but yea I see that as their plan as well.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Bruins don’t play as good defensively as New Jersey and I’m not just talking the D we have some giveaway machines on this team.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Bruins don’t play as good defensively as New Jersey and I’m not just talking the D we have some giveaway machines on this team.
Maybe with lindholm we become superior in that field. I'm actually banking on it. I think as it stands now without lindholm and brown were one of the best teams in league goals against average. Were gonna get better now. It's a good strategy hard to do but its doable. Many teams in sports have won that airtight defensive way .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad