Post-Game Talk: 2022 NHL TRADE DEADLINE - 3 PM 3/21 - TSN, ESPN+ 8 AM, NHLN/SN 10 AM, NESN 2:30 PM

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1647667871942.png

TSN TRADE TRACKER

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Beginning Monday, March 21, at 12 p.m. ET, The Point: NHL Trade Deadline Special will provide breaking news and offer roundtable discussion and analysis of all the trade deadline’s action. Hosted by John Buccigross, the special will stream live on ESPN+ from 12-5 p.m. ET, and will be simulcast on ESPN2 from 2-4 p.m. ET.

Buccigross will be joined by analysts Kevin Weekes, John Tortorella and reporter Emily Kaplan. Arda Öcal, Ryan Callahan and Greg Wyshynski will also contribute to the coverage.

ESPN+ will also stream TSN’s TRADECENTRE expanded coverage of the NHL Trade deadline from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. ET. TSN’s TRADECENTRE host James Duthie will lead a team of hockey experts in a signature annual special from TSN, featuring breaking news and instant analysis of each transaction, as well as interviews with players, GMs and coaches.

Sportsnet (Canada) will start coverage at 10 AM ( simulcast on NHL Network )

NESN will begin coverage at 2:30 PM

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This is just a hunch on my part but the Bruins elected to fly back to Boston from Winnipeg on Friday night and will fly to Montreal on Sunday afternoon.

Doing this means they are willing to deal with crossing the border twice and my gut tells me that Sweeney will make his move before the team flies to Poutineville. It isn't a cost-saving move as while the Bruins 'save' 2 nights of hotels in Montreal they also add 2 more charter flights.

Remember 4 years ago Sweeney made his major move on a Sunday when he traded for Rick Nash.

It makes sense that if all possible you try to prevent trading a player while on the road so that is why I expect Sunday ( or even today ) will be when something major happens.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
This is just a hunch on my part but the Bruins elected to fly back to Boston from Winnipeg on Friday night and will fly to Montreal on Sunday afternoon.

Doing this means they are willing to deal with crossing the border twice and my gut tells me that Sweeney will make his move before the team flies to Poutineville. It isn't a cost-saving move as while the Bruins 'save' 2 nights of hotels in Montreal they also add 2 more charter flights.

Remember 4 years ago Sweeney made his major move on a Sunday when he traded for Rick Nash.

It makes sense that if all possible you try to prevent trading a player while on the road so that is why I expect Sunday ( or even today ) will be when something major happens.
Thanks Fenway for all you do, big and small !!! :thumbu:

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I'm really excited. Hard not to be giddy about this team after the recent run.
It's true, but I feel like we are still waiting for a couple signature wins. Something like winning a couple games against Car/Fla/TB. So far over this very hot stretch I believe we beat Tampa but lost heart breakers to Car, Min, Pit and NYR. I am very high on this team right now, especially if we do make a couple moves. It's just that there is a large shadow of doubt creeping in and a couple signature wins could really help to wipe that out for me.

Reactions: EvilElf63

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
It's true, but I feel like we are still waiting for a couple signature wins. Something like winning a couple games against Car/Fla/TB. So far over this very hot stretch I believe we beat Tampa but lost heart breakers to Car, Min, Pit and NYR. I am very high on this team right now, especially if we do make a couple moves. It's just that there is a large shadow of doubt creeping in and a couple signature wins could really help to wipe that out for me.
Beating the bag out of Colorado didn’t do it for you?

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
The Bruins match up well with teams that play an open, less physical style, like Colorado. It's the heavy forechecking, very physical teams that are a problem.

Thankfully in our bracket there's not a ton of that?

Still don't love the idea of Carolina or Florida. Obviously back to back champs in Tampa is a nightmare. It's all bad, lol.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
The Bruins match up well with teams that play an open, less physical style, like Colorado. It's the heavy forechecking, very physical teams that are a problem.
True. We saw it again last night when we struggled to get out of our zone multiple times. It leads to bad decisions like throwing it up the boards where one or even two opponents are waiting or, even worse, passing up the middle hoping it does not get picked.

Reactions: BMC

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Go big or go home.

I get the love for guys who have stepped up and played over their heads, but do they want to be also rans or do they want a legitimate chance to contend?

This is it as far as any short term “window”.

If you honestly believe there’s a chance, I see no choice but to sell the farm and attempt a run.

2C
Top 4 LD
Additional depth at both forward and D

Acquiring only one of the pieces doesn’t bring you any closer in my opinion, and is squandering resources to marginally improve your odds at best.

Don’t just limp in and hope to catch a lucky break.

GabeTravels

ME > MN > GA
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2011
Marietta, GA
Go big or go home.

I get the love for guys who have stepped up and played over their heads, but do they want to be also rans or do they want a legitimate chance to contend?

If you honestly believe there’s a chance, I see no choice but to sell the farm and attempt a run.

2C
Top 4 LD

Acquiring only one of the pieces doesn’t bring you any closer in my opinion, and is squandering resources to marginally improve your odds at best.

Yep. If you're gonna add, you have to add at least a #2 Center and a Top 4 LH Defenseman. Makes no sense to add one without the other.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Umm, Carolina? Real aggressive speed is a problem for us, especially with some of the vets. We can dominate soft teams, but a really fast team that attacks the net tends to put us on our heels.
I just see us as almost there but not quite. Not tough enough any more to play physical for 60 game after game and dominate that way like we did on the Vancouver cup final, and not fast enough or offensively skilled enough to run and gun with teams like Carolina. We're close, and play great D, but we might lose a lot of close ones in the playoffs. Goaltending will have to be exceptional for a solid run unless we add and go all in one way or another.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Go big or go home.

2C
Top 4 LD

Given the prices that have been paid for players so far this deadline there is simply no way we have the assets to grab everything on your wish list. I also disagree with your point that we need to add a 2C in order to contend for a Cup. Sure it would be great if we did, but that’s not the priority. Our 4 lines are plenty good enough.

A top LD, a physical bottom pair D, and a depth forward should be plenty. If we can upgrade Reilly and Clifton on the blue line with a little more size, I like our chances.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
I'm really excited. Hard not to be giddy about this team after the recent run.
Early part of the season I thought that this is a one round and done playoff team. Since January there is reason for optimism, but I don't think they are good enough to beat TB, Florida, or Carolina. Let's see what they do at the trade deadline. Playoff upsets happen all the time so that is why they play the games.

Reactions: EvilElf63

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008

Reports were that Anaheim wanted a first round pick and a Grade A prospect. I hope it's not Fabian Lysell going to Anaheim

• Wow
Reactions: Afam and BMC

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Holding my breath until I see what’s going the other way but a much needed upgrade on the blue line for sure.

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Looks like my hunch about flying home was on target. Lindholm will be able to make it to Warrior before practice tomorrow at 11 and flight to Montreal at 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad