Prospect Info: 2022 NHL Entry Draft Thread

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Yeah, he was viewed as a top-3 pick, but his production hasn't lived up to the hype. He still has really good tools though.
I’m worried about his IQ.. He could be a gem for sure.. Or he could be the next Gurianov. Definitely a risk/reward type pick.

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
When people say that Lambert is this year's Raty, does that mean that Lambert was at one point ranked #1, top 3, top 10?

Raty was more like that year's Liljegren where the progression you'd expect wasn't there and thus exposed his limitations. Lambert is closer to a Boldy/Caufield/Rossi/Lucius (?) type - super talented, highly skilled, and if teams are looking at more than just shooting percentages, won't let him fall further than he should. Scouching ranked him as high as #4 on his board which is insane but a testament to his skill since Will usually has a pretty good eye for these players.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Raty was more like that year's Liljegren where the progression you'd expect wasn't there and thus exposed his limitations. Lambert is closer to a Boldy/Caufield/Rossi/Lucius (?) type - super talented, highly skilled, and if teams are looking at more than just shooting percentages, won't let him fall further than he should. Scouching ranked him as high as #4 on his board which is insane but a testament to his skill since Will usually has a pretty good eye for these players.

Lambert is a real one. Lahti is a dogshit team that completely misused him. The data around him fully supports this narrative.

He's going to go higher than people expect, imo. If there's any chance in hell he falls to 18 (doubtful) Dallas should 100% pull the trigger.

Reactions: David Castillo

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
i'm just here for @BG44's massive info dumps of each pick.

With the latest update to the forum. I don't think I'm going to be able to do a single thread where I just go back and update the post for an individual player.

Would anyone be opposed to me just posting a thread for each pick? I think that will be easier to manage. As soon as a pick is made, I'll create the thread and start dumping info in there.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
With the latest update to the forum. I don't think I'm going to be able to do a single thread where I just go back and update the post for an individual player.

Would anyone be opposed to me just posting a thread for each pick? I think that will be easier to manage. As soon as a pick is made, I'll create the thread and start dumping info in there.

WhatsApp endorsed

Reactions: LT and BG44

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

id rather it be u than the homies at last word on sport`s

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013

Definitely, go for it!

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA

I don't have a strong preference, but maybe it would be easier to do a thread where you just post 6ish times in a row to 'reserve' the spots. Maybe some middle ground where the first and second round picks get their own thread, since they'll inevitably generate more discussion, and an aggregate thread for the more obscure guys taken in 3-6. Either way I have the RAM and don't use chrome, so bring on the tabs.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
I don't have a strong preference, but maybe it would be easier to do a thread where you just post 6ish times in a row to 'reserve' the spots. Maybe some middle ground where the first and second round picks get their own thread, since they'll inevitably generate more discussion, and an aggregate thread for the more obscure guys taken in 3-6. Either way I have the RAM and don't use chrome, so bring on the tabs.

The problem with that is they started limiting the number of tweets/media I could post in a single thread. Last year it was 3. I'll test it out in here though.

The other issue I'm not sure about how to work around though is that when you post back to back now, they just combine it in a single post. It happens a lot when it was just me and KCB talking to ourselves during the junior playoffs ... lol.

Don't mind me .... I'm just posting some tweets and YouTube links to see if there's a limit.

1657218732745.png

1657218760593.png

Reactions: LT

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
The problem with that is they started limiting the number of tweets/media I could post in a single thread. Last year it was 3. I'll test it out in here though.

The other issue I'm not sure about how to work around though is that when you post back to back now, they just combine it in a single post. It happens a lot when it was just me and KCB talking to ourselves during the junior playoffs ... lol.

Don't mind me .... I'm just posting some tweets and YouTube links to see if there's a limit.
Yeah the media limitation sucks. Was starting to effect building the GDTs mid-season as well!

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA

Completely forgot about that, that's a good point. On the bright side, you can lock down BG45-50 as accounts. :sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: BG44

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
OK .... nice. The limit that was on media per post last year seems to be gone. Still not sure how to work around the posts getting combined though.

I guess I could post it now and just every 5 minutes or so make another post. I'm not sure what the exact time between posts has to be for it to stop combing them.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
OK .... nice. The limit that was on media per post last year seems to be gone. Still not sure how to work around the posts getting combined though.

I guess I could post it now and just every 5 minutes or so make another post. I'm not sure what the exact time between posts has to be for it to stop combing them.

First you suggest trading Hintz then you start posting videos of Julius Honka.

It's like you want your WhatsApp sponsorship revoked

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
First you suggest trading Hintz then you start posting videos of Julius Honka.

It's like you want your WhatsApp sponsorship revoked

It felt appropriate given every mock draft is suggesting Dallas should draft D and not BPA ....

:sarcasm:

• Wow
Reactions: Satan

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013

Now you just have to hope that the Stars don't add any extra picks :naughty:

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010

Let me know what you want to do (PM is fine) and I can help organize the threads/posts.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Let me know what you want to do (PM is fine) and I can help organize the threads/posts.

Thank you for fixing that one. I think we're good now. If they add an extra pick, I can probably just combine later picks in 1 post. There's usually not as much info.

Reactions: LT

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Thank you for fixing that one. I think we're good now. If they add an extra pick, I can probably just combine later picks in 1 post. There's usually not as much info.

I can copy a post and it’ll keep the time stamp, effectively adding another post at the top for you.

Reactions: BG44

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad