Prospect Info: 2022 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Seems like a lot of the hype has died down about this class, especially at the top end. Wright, Lambert and Miroshnichenko have been underwhelming and Yurov is barely playing. Meanwhile guys like Dalibor Dvorsky and Adam Fantilli are popping off and seem to be making the 2023 draft look incredible at the top end. And that's before even mentioning Bedard or Michkov.

Reactions: Johno

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
It had another up-and-comer in Kemell, but he got injured.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Watched the Finland v US pre tournament game. Cooley played with a lot of hustle but didn't really do much else. The American defense is incredibly strong this year and was able to shut Kemell down at even strength with relative ease. He got off 4 really hard half wall one timers on the man advantage however, so he was able to show that off at least. Lambert is probably the fastest skater at the tournament this year, so that stuck out a bit. But, he lived up to his reputation in that he has terrific speed and puck carrying ability through the neutral zone but pretty lost in the offensive zone once he gets there.

Lambert's not eligible for the U18s this year, so this tournament could be pretty important in terms of stopping his draft board slide. They face a pretty weak German team today, probably one of his better chances to light up the score sheet.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Slafkovsky is every bit as good as his draft projections would indicate and Nemec should join him in the top 5 as well. I really like this Slovakia team, super young and exciting, they just pumped 48 shots against Sweden. I know nothing about goaltending, and I should know better than to question the Yzerplan but I just don't understand Cossa over Wallstedt.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Slafkovsky is every bit as good as his draft projections would indicate and Nemec should join him in the top 5 as well. I really like this Slovakia team, super young and exciting, they just pumped 48 shots against Sweden. I know nothing about goaltending, and I should know better than to question the Yzerplan but I just don't understand Cossa over Wallstedt.

Filip Mesar looked solid against the US last night too. Wacky draft year for Slovakia

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Not that I think the Stars should draft for need, but there is a lot of RHD projected for the first round and the Stars badly need RHD with skill in their system (regardless if they re-sign Klingberg or not).

Simon Nemec -just seems good at everything
David Jiricek - also just seems good at everything
Seamus Casey - very skilled, but fairly small
Ty Nelson - could definitely see a lot of teams be scared by his small stature
Ryan Chesley - seems like a solid, but master of none type dman
Elias Salomonsson - seems like a good mobile dman
Tristan Luneau - dont really know much about him

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
I would love for us to get a high pick and draft one of those first two guys. Especially if we move on from Klingberg.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I want to tank so hard the next two years it's not even funny. Anyone had eyes on Gulyayev? Kid's going off in the MHL. If you want a Klingberg replacement in the future this kid's top on my list.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I want to tank so hard the next two years it's not even funny. Anyone had eyes on Gulyayev? Kid's going off in the MHL. If you want a Klingberg replacement in the future this kid's top on my list.

I'm so skeptical of Russian junior defenseman, forechecking barely exists at the lower levels over there. That country can develop forwards as good or better than anybody but I'd almost rather see their top defensive prospects come over to the CHL and follow a north american developmental path. Artyom Duda is another one for this year's draft, leads the MHL in points among D men but I have no idea if it can translate to the NHL. In Duda's case, I'd still be okay with taking a flyer on him in the 2nd to 3rd round, but I'd fully admit it to be a crap shoot.

Alex Perevalov is probably my favorite Russian this year relative to their projected draft rankings. Ultra productive, plays hard and has a legit NHL top 6 skill set, what's not to love in the back half of the first round?

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Gonna mention Jordan Dumais as a potential mid round steal. 47 points in 30 QMJHL games is amazing for a draft eligible. Undersized and just average skating, so he won't go high but I love taking shots on guys like that in rounds 3 to 7.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I'm so skeptical of Russian junior defenseman, forechecking barely exists at the lower levels over there. That country can develop forwards as good or better than anybody but I'd almost rather see their top defensive prospects come over to the CHL and follow a north american developmental path. Artyom Duda is another one for this year's draft, leads the MHL in points among D men but I have no idea if it can translate to the NHL. In Duda's case, I'd still be okay with taking a flyer on him in the 2nd to 3rd round, but I'd fully admit it to be a crap shoot.

Alex Perevalov is probably my favorite Russian this year relative to their projected draft rankings. Ultra productive, plays hard and has a legit NHL top 6 skill set, what's not to love in the back half of the first round?

I’m with you, I’m super reluctant on Russian D specifically because of the systems they get developed in. They play a Swedish/Soviet hybrid style and it gets smothered by fast defensive teams. But with what Gulyayev is doing at 16 years old it’s hard for me to ignore him.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I think I heard that he was playing injured at the WJC, because he looked very underwhelming in those games.

If Lambert was available in the middle of the first round when the Stars are likely to be picking, I'd be happy to get him.

Oddly enough, I think that depends on the rest of Geekie's season. If he starts to put the puck in the net more the rest of the season it could push Lambert back to us, but if he continues this pace I think teams looking for a C will take the lotto ticket on Lambert and Geekie will slide.

If that happens I hope to f*** that Miroshnichenko and Lekkerimäki slide as well. Otherwise we're taking Nathan Gaucher. I can already see it now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad