Prospect Info: 2022 NHL Entry Draft Thread

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I've heard a lot of people talking about Maveric Lamoureux, but I'd not heard much about Noah Warren. He sounds much more interesting in terms of a complementary defenseman you could get in the 2nd/3rd round. Sounds like his skating is a strength and not the normal "for his size" argument.

They did a fastest skater contest at the CHL top prospect game. He was fastest in a straight line ahead of guys like Matthew Savoie. He also has a 6'10" reach so he's a pretty freaky athlete. Defensive upside seems pretty incredible.

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
Pickering is raw but he has some good tools. I don’t love him at 18 but as trade back he could be intriguing. Still likely to be better players available.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
They did a fastest skater contest at the CHL top prospect game. He was fastest in a straight line ahead of guys like Matthew Savoie. He also has a 6'10" reach so he's a pretty freaky athlete. Defensive upside seems pretty incredible.

Pronman's coverage this year seems a little different or maybe even off this year. He's really high on Gaucher (moved him to 12 today) and Schaefer which is not what I'd typically expect from him, and for some reason, he's the only person I've seen that said Warren was a poor skater/good for his size. Most everyone else said it was a strength regardless of his size.

I don't know if he's changed something about the way he's rating players, but I've definitely been a bit surprised by some of his coverage and what he's valued about guys.

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
a recap for us non athletic having peasants would be greatly appreciated.

Heiskanen: The scouting staff saw a lot of Lidstrom in Heiskanen but thought he was out of their reach until the Stars won the lottery. They really liked Makar too but chose Heiskanen because of the levels (ajhl vs. liiga) at which both were playing. There was apparently a scare just before the draft that Heiskaken had back issues, which x-rays ended up revealing that it wasn't so serious that they shouldn't pick him.

Oettinger: They loved his competitiveness, his poise in high-pressure situations, and his athleticism. His interview at the combine was apparently amazing. McDonnell told Nill to move up in the draft to get Oettinger because he thought a team before them would pick him.

Robertson: They saw that he was elite in everything except skating, so they thought if he could improve his skating a bit, he could be a player.

Peterson: They liked his skating. Takko loved his hockey IQ and skillset and pushed for the Stars to pick him when they were up in the 5th round.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
look`s like russsian propaganda too me
Miroshnichenko is just such an interesting case to me. The truest wildcard we've ever seen.

Tons of bearish optics around him, but could easily be a franchise cornerstone for any team if he hits.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Since they are here in the states and hypothetically do not go back to Russia, would you be happy or upset if we drafted Miroshnichenko?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I wouldn't draft a guy who is going to play in Russia with a higher pick. If he's guaranteed to play in NA ? Doesn't matter . Sure take him.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Since they are here in the states and hypothetically do not go back to Russia, would you be happy or upset if we drafted Miroshnichenko?

to be fair he's in Canada, not the states. But I get what you're trying to say,

I'm probably alone in this but I'd be thrilled with picking Miroshnichenko.

I'm also a degenerate gambler. Use that information accordingly.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
to be fair he's in Canada, not the states. But I get what you're trying to say,

I'm probably alone in this but I'd be thrilled with picking Miroshnichenko.

I'm also a degenerate gambler. Use that information accordingly.
Well you, Satan, and KCB run the draft so let’s get er done.

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
There was a loophole where Miroshnichenko could be taken in the CHL draft (they banned Russians). He was eligible because he was selected the year prior. QMJHL team Blainville-Boisbriand selected him 24th overall recently. He's under contract in Russia though for 2 more years. He would not be permitted to play in the NHL, the league already announced they would honor Russian contracts, but I'm not sure how that contract would impact him in the Q.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
There was a loophole where Miroshnichenko could be taken in the CHL draft (they banned Russians). He was eligible because he was selected the year prior. QMJHL team Blainville-Boisbriand selected him 24th overall recently. He's under contract in Russia though for 2 more years. He would not be permitted to play in the NHL, the league already announced they would honor Russian contracts, but I'm not sure how that contract would impact him in the Q.
Would he be able to play in the AHL or does that 2 years apply to that league as well?

BG44

Jul 19, 2021
Would he be able to play in the AHL or does that 2 years apply to that league as well?

Honka was under NHL contract when he played in the AHL for Texas so no that would not be a legitimate loophole likely. Honka's AHL salary was paid based on his NHL contract. The contract was eligible to still slide because he wasn't playing NHL games.

Reactions: starsfan86

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
20220628_132833.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Dallasman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad