2022 NHL Entry Draft Part 4 (#9, #16, #28)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dickiedunnwrotethis

It's gotta be true.
May 16, 2009
saskatoon
I know Savoie got blown up by Lohrei and missed time, but he's had more?

Edit: just found the vid of the 2019 hit, yowzers...nvm
One against Brandon in 2019, the Lohrei hit you mentioned, and there's speculation that I can't confirm that that's what kept him out of the last few games against Edmonton.

Reactions: RhinoFan

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Nemec in North America?

Simon Nemec, No. 3 in Central Scouting's final ranking of International skaters, might be leaning toward continuing his hockey career in North America in 2022-23.

"Maybe the American Hockey League or, you never know, maybe the NHL," Nemec said.

Nemec (6-0, 190), a right-shot defenseman for Nitra in Extraliga (SVK), had 26 points (one goal, 25 assists) in 39 regular-season games and 17 points (five goals, 12 assists) in 19 playoff games. He scored the most playoff points by a defenseman in one postseason in Extraliga history.

His CHL rights are held by Cape Breton of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League, and he said playing in the QMJHL isn't something he is considering at this stage.

"No, I played two years against men in Extraliga, so I think it's better for me to play in the AHL, if anything," Nemec said. "This is something NHL scouts were asking me during the combine questions, and I tell them I want to play here."

Nemec interviewed with 21 NHL teams at the combine.

"I think I'm the best defenseman in this draft," Nemec said. "I think I'm a two-way defenseman, play really good on power play, my hockey IQ is at a very high level and my skating is good. I really like watching Cale Makar, Adam Fox or Roman Josi."

Nemec wanting to play in the AHL over the Q next year is interesting.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I'll try to listen to this later. Korchinski, Mintyukov and Mateychuk are three CHL defense who get a lot of mid-first round conversation. I'm curious to hear the interview.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
This would probably be the best draft for me.

32423423.png

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Draft simulator is cool but how the hell does Snug slip to the 2nd and Warren slip to the 3rd?
Such ratings in simulator, but how the hell did Peterka get selected in the second round? I had him in the top 20, this also happens in every draft.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Such ratings in simulator, but how the hell did Peterka get selected in the second round? I had him in the top 20, this also happens in every draft.

Good point. Snug could slip to our pick in 2nd.

I stand by Warren being gone though. He may get picked before Snuggy.

Reactions: Fjordy

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Wasn't there a prospect a while back who basically blasted a team who was drafting lower "why are you interviewing me you don't have a top 5 pick?" or something like that? I want to say Nikolai Zherdev?

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Good point. Snug could slip to our pick in 2nd.

I stand by Warren being gone though. He may get picked before Snuggy.
Well, I know it doesn't look too realistic, but it would just be something like the perfect dream draft.

Reactions: elchud
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad