2022 NHL Entry Draft Part 3 (#9, #16, #28)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
21. During the World Under-18 tournament in Germany, a few NHL teams met with Ivan Miroshnichenko. The talented prospect is in the country to undergo his final round of chemotherapy for non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. At the time, he wasn’t skating or doing much in the way of heavy workouts. His father is a track coach, and they were going for hikes and long walks as exercise. But he was upbeat, and the meetings were taken as a good sign.

Last edited:
Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I think they were expecting him to improve like Norris
I don't know why they expected this, they are players of different levels.

It will be interesting to see the takes will be if the Sabres take 3 forwards with their 3 1st round picks. Especially three guys that could end up being wingers in the NHL.
Savoie and Yurov would be great, but I don't even know who Schaefer is. Maybe choose some center or RD with this choice, I'm sure there will be good options.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland

Savoie and Yurov would be great, but I don't even know who Schaefer is. Maybe choose some center or RD with this choice, I'm sure there will be good options.
Schaefer is a power forward type winger, he has decent hands and scoring touch but makes Murray's skating seem McDavidesque

Reactions: Fjordy

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf

Scouting Report: Reid Schaefer - Smaht Scouting

Saying he'd be worth a pick in the 3rd or 4th round. I'd be happy with him in the 3rd if he's there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fjordy

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He would fit in with last year's 3/4th round picks in Bloom & Nadeau, it would appear.

It would add some variability into their prospect pool. They are swimming in smallish offensive winger types IMO, both on the team and in their pipeline. How they are grading out their draft prospects this season will be interesting to see if they yet again dip into that variety of player, especially at 9 (Lekkerimaki/Kemell/Savoie/Nazar) vs. looking at trying to find a better blend of skill and size. I'm curious to see if the Adams' scouting staff winds up with more of a "type" coming into this their second full draft and if that type is as much slanted toward smaller guys at the top as we've seen.

Reactions: Samsonite23

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The prospect pool is thin in proven centers outside of their current roster. Similarly, they are basically devoid of RH shooting defense and defense in general. And generally speaking, their prospect forwards are mostly smaller guys. Not that it necessarily impacts assessment of BPA, but positional and size concerns could break ties on their draft board.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The prospect pool is thin in proven centers outside of their current roster. Similarly, they are basically devoid of RH shooting defense and defense in general. And generally speaking, their prospect forwards are mostly smaller guys. Not that it necessarily impacts assessment of BPA, but positional and size concerns could break ties on their draft board.
Sabres needs: D, C, G

Sabres 2022 draft picks: Lots of small, skilled wingers

:sarcasm:

Shoot n Goal

Mar 8, 2021
If Kasper is there at 9, that would be pick that has good value. Kid is still raw, but talent is there for sure. Physical, is willing go to dirty areas, skilled and motor going on and on. After watching him on IIHF WC, I think like there is good change CBJ or DET would take him, but if he is available on BUF pick, him or Lekkerimaki would be nice add for our forward prospects group.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
If Kasper is there at 9, that would be pick that has good value. Kid is still raw, but talent is there for sure. Physical, is willing go to dirty areas, skilled and motor going on and on. After watching him on IIHF WC, I think like there is good change CBJ or DET would take him, but if he is available on BUF pick, him or Lekkerimaki would be nice add for our forward prospects group.
At 16 of course, but for 9 he wouldn't be one of my favorites.

WpgBuffan

Jun 9, 2008

I want him at #16 but am guessing he is going to be gone. Watch Detroit take him at #8.

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
I want him at #16 but am guessing he is going to be gone. Watch Detroit take him at #8.
There were rumblings not long ago that Yzerman was very high on Kasper. To me that indicates the opposite because thus far in his career Yzerman hasn't really shown his hand like that pre-draft to my knowledge. I'm not sure he goes in the top 10, but I can see him possibly creeping up before the Sabres pick at 16.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad