2022 NHL Entry Draft Part 3 (#9, #16, #28)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm not even sure if Gibson is worth that, TBH.

You're banking on him coming back from a couple of relatively rough seasons.
Thanks for responses everyone. Was just curious how your fan base felt

Well in gibsons defense he did put up really good numbers last year.

Couple posts made by leaf fans that shed a little light to the issues

“16 blowout since january 26 to end of season

16/38 42% of ducks game. During those game total they was outshot 655 to 364

Gibson played of 13 of those 16. It was 13 of 26 game played by gibson during that streche

Its is possible than when you see your team sucking that way again and again, you didn't play yourself with the same intensity, same focus because you know that will change nothing...”

There is another one that goes into the details on his games w/lindholm and Manson and without and the significant difference.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004

Gibson played of 13 of those 16. It was 13 of 26 game played by gibson during that streche

Its is possible than when you see your team sucking that way again and again, you didn't play yourself with the same intensity, same focus because you know that will change nothing...”

There is another one that goes into the details on his games w/lindholm and Manson and without and the significant difference.
Don't get me wrong - if it's a choice between the trade @Zman5778 posted or the status quo we had in net this year... I make that trade. I just think Gibson is worth a little less.

I think Gibson is capable of being a solid to good goalie. I'd have taken him back as the salary dump in an Eichel trade - i just don't think he's worth a R1 pick + right now.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

Gibson recently made the top 3 or 5 list -- chosen by NHL players themselves -- of goalies that they'd want to play in front of. Basically best goalies chosen by the players. I think he was #3? That's all I need to know about him, from the people who'd know best,.

The players know he's still got it, they know he's been in a bad circumstance and it affects his numbers.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Gibson recently made the top 3 or 5 list -- chosen by NHL players themselves -- of goalies that they'd want to play in front of. Basically best goalies chosen by the players. I think he was #3? That's all I need to know about him, from the people who'd know best,.

The players know he's still got it, they know he's been in a bad circumstance and it affects his numbers.
Didn't that poll also have Carey Price at #2? I bet if you asked the players to rank D, they'd also tell you Shea Weber is still top 10 in the NHL. Those polls are completely meaningless.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Didn't that poll also have Carey Price at #2? I bet if you asked the players to rank D, they'd also tell you Shea Weber is still top 10 in the NHL. Those polls are completely meaningless.
Yeah, a year after he led a shit team to the cup -- 2nd was exactly where he should have been. They actually get it right more often than not imo. Much better than any other awards or rankings, at least.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad