2022 NHL Entry Draft - Kraken Edition

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I would have become a Seattle Kraken fan earlier if they had a better expansion draft and chose a better head coach. This draft settled it for me.

A "better expansion" is subjective. We could still have finished where we are had but with a lot less cap space to use in FA.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
A "better expansion" is subjective. We could still have finished where we are had but with a lot less cap space to use in FA.
For one more season, Tarasenko's contract ends after this season.

Who wouldn't want to see Tank play with Matty or Shane? And he'd be a humungous trade asset.

Plus if the plan is to build through the draft then cap space means nothing, other than the ability to eat cap dumps which the team has not done.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I would have become a Seattle Kraken fan earlier if they had a better expansion draft and chose a better head coach. This draft settled it for me.

At this point Hakstol's career is all about developing Matty and Shane. If he fails, he'll never see another head coaching gig in the NHL.

I'm pretty much expecting him to be coach the following season as well regardless of how the team finishes, unfortunately next year's draft is real thin on defensemen.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
According to Chris Johnston the 2023 NHL entry draft will be held in Nashville.

So Seattle will have to wait more until we can host one of these.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I'll put it in here.

Corey Pronman of the Athletic has released his pipeline rankings and with just two draft classes the Kraken are currently at #15.

Here are his thoughts on the Kraken prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad