2022 NHL Entry Draft - Kraken Edition

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Given the Kraken's start to the season it's probably worth starting to take a look at next years draft class and which players could be of interest for us.

Here are some interesting sites:
Elite Prospects
My NHL Draft
SportsNet Draft site
NHL.com Draft Watch
SportingNews
Tankathon Draft Lottery Simulator

Get creative with the Draft Simulator:

Bob McKenzie's 2022 NHL Draft ranking show

Let's have some fun in here and discuss the prospects who could potentially become a member of our team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tao Jones

jbron

Apr 27, 2014
West Coast
No question Wright is the game changer and by far the best prospect. Hopefully, the lottery falls the Kraken way.
Miroshnichenko and Lambert could help with scoring. Lots of time and ice play till April. One prospect worth watching is Kemell who might play the best 200 ft game in the draft. Best to keep GMRF and for sure Hakstol away from deciding on any draft picks. Let the team scouts do their job. GMRF needs to be a manager not a decision maker with draft picks. With a top 5 pick on it's way trust the scouts.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
No question Wright is the game changer and by far the best prospect. Hopefully, the lottery falls the Kraken way.
Miroshnichenko and Lambert could help with scoring. Lots of time and ice play till April. One prospect worth watching is Kemell who might play the best 200 ft game in the draft. Best to keep GMRF and for sure Hakstol away from deciding on any draft picks. Let the team scouts do their job. GMRF needs to be a manager not a decision maker with draft picks. With a top 5 pick on it's way trust the scouts.

Francis has actually been pretty good at the draft and that's the one thing most agree on.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Francis has actually been pretty good at the draft and that's the one thing most agree on.
Wright,Miroshnichenko,C Geekie,D Jiricek,J Kemell,Lambert,M Savoie,Slafkovsky,Yurov and Cooley are top 10...Seattle Kraken need size on the wings to dig the puck out and be a force on the PP in front of the net! In the 2nd round if a RD-man slips that would benefit the Kraken. Wishing for Wright in Seattle. Would not be disappointed with Slafkovsky (6-3),Geekie(6-4) or Jiricek(RD) either

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Wright,Miroshnichenko,C Geekie,D Jiricek,J Kemell,Lambert,M Savoie,Slafkovsky,Yurov and Cooley are top 10...Seattle Kraken need size on the wings to dig the puck out and be a force on the PP in front of the net! In the 2nd round if a RD-man slips that would benefit the Kraken. Wishing for Wright in Seattle. Would not be disappointed with Slafkovsky (6-3),Geekie(6-4) or Jiricek(RD) either
I am really surprised you do not have Savoie on that list. I would consider him top-5 at worst and potentially the 2nd pick to go behind Wright.

Reactions: Ray Martyniuk

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I am really surprised you do not have Savoie on that list. I would consider him top-5 at worst and potentially the 2nd pick to go behind Wright.
I like Savoie don't get me wrong but at this point the Kraken don't need any more smallish forwards

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Was checking out Geekie yesterday, if our pick is outside the top 3 I think he looks like a safe pick. Big kid with silky mitts, and I bet they'd love to have a pair of bros.

AarG

Oct 11, 2021
Lambert has had some off-ice issues and is really strugling to get his game going at the men's level. With this pace I would not be too surprised if he falls out of top 10.

Soul Rebel

Aug 19, 2019
Miro is my draft crush. Wright should go 1 overall, but a LOT to love about the Russian sniper.

A 6'1" winger next to Beniers for the next decade would be elite. Miro is smooth and has an insanely accurate shot no matter where it's getting released from. Watching him reminds me of a hybrid Bure/Ovie/Kariya. His style is aggressive and forces defences to make decisions, that often open the ice up for others, or allows him to rifle a rocket past the goalie.

His game demands respect of the opposing players and he seems like he will make others around him better.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
Lambert has had some off-ice issues and is really strugling to get his game going at the men's level. With this pace I would not be too surprised if he falls out of top 10.
yep its looking like it,but all it takes is one team that believes

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
I'll wait to after the WJC before I comment on who I think they should be targeting. Once I can see some of these kids, especially the Euro's, in an actual game situation and not just highlights I can get a better feel for them. Also about that time you'll know where the club is in the standings and where they may be close to picking.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I think there is a legit chance to draft a top-line forward or a top-pairing D-main in the top-5 this season. And potentially someone who steps in right away.

Wright
Kemell
Savoie

Nemec
Jiricek

This draft seems to have pretty decent depth.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
I think there is a legit chance to draft a top-line forward or a top-pairing D-main in the top-5 this season. And potentially someone who steps in right away.

Wright
Kemell
Savoie

Nemec
Jiricek

This draft seems to have pretty decent depth.

I really like Savoie and Jiricek in this draft but there's plenty of good options IMO.

I'm also curious how far Lambert could drop, if he doesn't turn it around this season, given that he once was thought as the only guy who could challenge Wright(who hasn't looked all that great so far this season) for the #1 spot.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I really like Savoie and Jiricek in this draft but there's plenty of good options IMO.

I'm also curious how far Lambert could drop, if he doesn't turn it around this season, given that he once was thought as the only guy who could challenge Wright(who hasn't looked all that great so far this season) for the #1 spot.
Lambert and Cooley are two others who are legit top-line prospects. This draft could end up being a good one for us if we do end up drafting in the top-10 again.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Been keeping track of M Savoie over the last month...he's definitely worthy of 5 maybe top 2
Yeah, Savoie has been lighting it up this year and is definitely top-5 material. The list is starting to get interesting now. Wright is still the consensus 1st overall (even though its not as consensus as Power was last year). After that, who knows.

Savoie
Cooley
Kemell
Nemec
Jiricek

I think any of those can go 2nd overall. My preference is that we go C or D over W because we need a top-end 1C playmaker on the team. Or a legit 1D who can drive the offense. This draft may not have that generational forward or D-men but I do think you can get a franchise forward or D-man in this draft to build around. Add Beniers to that and it could set us up well for the future.

jbron

Apr 27, 2014
West Coast
Really like Matthew Savoie. However, I just can't see Ron Francis and company picking a 5'9" center with his first pick. He can select a coach that nobody wanted, but will his old school conservative nature allow him to take an undersized center? Not undersized to me, but were talking about Ron Francis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad