Prospect Info: 2022 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
This is purely my gut feeling but I think it's safe to say that picks 10, 22, 42, and 53 won't be traded and will be made by us. Get the sense Verbeek wants one more big influx of talent via this draft, and any futures we collect in cap dumps, and our existing haul of 2023 picks are likely what he would use if he were to trade for young talent, plus any existing prospects in the system that he isn't particularly high on

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Would be funny if we ended up with Lekkerimaki & Ohgren (linemates) or Chesley and Hutson (pairing). Wheeler thinks Savoie, Kemell and Lekkerimaki are on another level than the other forwards (in the tier). He also thinks Lambert will go in the 20's and be a steal. If we could get Lambert at 22 that would be amazing. If we could trade for another 1st rounder that would be nice, we could get something like Kemell, Lambert and Bischel/Chesley in the first, then Hutson & Warren in the second. That would be insane.

Lets say we trade Gibson+ for Sandin, Robertson and a 1st.

We'd gain something like Sandin, Robertson, Kemell, Lambert, Bischel/Chesley, Hutson, Warren on top of McTavish, Zellweger, Perreault, Pastujov, Tracey, etc. to add to our Zegras, Drysdale, Terry, Comtois, Jones, Vaks, Lundestrom

Then keep acquiring young talent someone like Kakko, Necas, etc.

giphy.gif
That's a totally loaded group of young prospects.

Reactions: 405Entrance and bsu

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Korchinski had 3 less assists than Zellweger had THIS D+1 year. He's 6'2 and probably will be 6'3 and literally just grew so this whole season he's been adapting to his "new" body. That's pretty impressive. I think people are underestimating growing 5-6 inches so recently and how much it takes to get used to that type of change to your body. I've been coaching forever since I stopped playing and sometimes it takes some kids over a year to get used to changes like that. I've said in the past if you watch his interviews he literally looks like a kid still, he has so much room to grow I feel the same way when I saw Marco Kasper's interview. When you compare it to someone like Cutter Gauthiers interview you can tell the former 2 have a lot more room to grow and some players are already matured (Like Cutter & Chesley). I personally think Korchinski is on another level of prospect than Bischel who is a tier below next to the Pickering & Chesleys of the draft.

Last edited:

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
This is purely my gut feeling but I think it's safe to say that picks 10, 22, 42, and 53 won't be traded and will be made by us. Get the sense Verbeek wants one more big influx of talent via this draft, and any futures we collect in cap dumps, and our existing haul of 2023 picks are likely what he would use if he were to trade for young talent, plus any existing prospects in the system that he isn't particularly high on

Some of us already had that feeling... some one draft year, while others two draft years. Point is we're missing NHL talent depth and one way to have that is via the draft. Having four picks in the top-53 can improve the talent volume in a hurry if they all hit to our already top-5 farm team.

If we sign LD Hague to an offer sheet this off-season, then it'll more or less cost us a 2023 second round pick, I believe (provided he's signed for less than $4.2 mil AAV). That's a great trade off as we get a player now than wait a few years to find out if the player panned out or not. Hague can jumpstart our youth defense at the NHL level in a hurry.

If both NCAA defensemen sign after this season, that could also prompt other moves, be it draft picks or young players to be traded.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Korchinski had 3 less assists than Zellweger had THIS D+1 year. He's 6'2 and probably will be 6'3 and literally just grew so this whole season he's been adapting to his "new" body. That's pretty impressive. I think people are underestimating growing 5-6 inches so recently and how much it takes to get used to that type of change to your body. I've been coaching forever since I stopped playing and sometimes it takes some kids over a year to get used to changes like that. I've said in the past if you watch his interviews he literally looks like a kid still, he has so much room to grow I feel the same way when I saw Marco Kasper's interview. When you compare it to someone like Cutter Gauthiers interview you can tell the former 2 have a lot more room to grow and some players are already matured (Like Cutter & Chesley). I personally think Korchinski is on another level of prospect than Bischel who is a tier below next to the Pickering & Chesleys of the draft.
He just turned 18 2 weeks ago.

As always, I 100% trust our scouting staff, especially when it comes to defensemen. If they take him at 10 I will be excited.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Interesting about Pickering into top 10. I will say much prefer him at 10 than Bischel though.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
If they like a player that dropped to 5 for example, i could see them trading up with the 10th pick and one more to sweeten the deal. They need high end players, not more depth IMO.

Reactions: lwvs84

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
If they like a player that dropped to 5 for example, i could see them trading up with the 10th pick and one more to sweeten the deal. They need high end players, not more depth IMO.

We need both.

Asst GM Madden implied that we probably won't trade up from 10th. From the official website:

"It's pretty equal down to the first half of the first round. You could end up with a really good player at 12 versus 3. It's a very interesting class." - Madden​

Reactions: Kalv

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

If you look at the movement of top 5-10 picks historically, it just isn't something that happens very often. It's not impossible but the most likely scenario by a large margin would be us picking at our spot #10.

Reactions: Kalv
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Starting to think it could be just like the draft last year. Lots of buzz and speculation, but ultimately using the picks and adding to the pool. I don't really have a problem with it, at all.

I support that idea.

I still think that Verbeek wants to 'start' fresh and utilize everything. Maybe he might not be impressed with our own talent pool of prospects.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Where do you think Hutson goes?

I can’t imagine him making it out of round 1
Early 2nd like Zellweger... I hope. I think he's the defensemen version of Lambert. One of the most dynamic players in the draft. Would be cool taking Chesley at 22 then Hutson and drafting a whole D pairing.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Starting to think it could be just like the draft last year. Lots of buzz and speculation, but ultimately using the picks and adding to the pool. I don't really have a problem with it, at all.
This feels like a draft where a team that does their homework and generally good at drafting can really find some steals.

Like last year everyone calling it a weak draft but there is def talent in the mid 1st to early 2nd. I think this is the type of draft our scouts love

Early 2nd like Zellweger... I hope. I think he's the defensemen version of Lambert. One of the most dynamic players in the draft. Would be cool taking Chesley at 22 then Hutson and drafting a whole D pairing.
Ya I get the feeling someone will take him between 22 and 42, but I’m hoping he is there at 22.

I’d love to go
Savoie /Kemell
Chesley
Hutson

Maybe trikozov with 53.

Just saw the yahoo mock draft…. Actually has us going
Savoie , chesley, Hutson and Adam Ingram at 53
Final NHL Mock Draft: First two rounds

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I think Lekkerimaki is getting super underrated. He just knows how to get open like Kuch and Selanne. His shot is violent.
Ya I wouldn’t mind lekkerimaki either. I think him Kemell and savoie all have high upsides. Savoie has a bit of Barzal in him…. Not as good yet but he can make plays at high speed…. He gives us a much needed burner up front too

If this happens I hope we somehow trade up to get Cooley.
That would be shocking tbh…. And prob a huge mistake by coyotes

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Want list:

Cooley the most if we can get him please do it

10th: Savoie, Lekkerimaki, Kasper, Kemell, Korchinski, Nazar, Mintyukov
22nd: Lambert, Pickering, Mateychuk, Bischel, Chesley, Ostlund

2nd round: Hutson & Warren

Rest of the picks; pick big fast forwards preferably physical ones with glimmers of upside.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
10. Anaheim Ducks: Kevin Korchinski, LHD, Seattle (WHL)

Unless someone falls unexpectedly, my best information is Anaheim ends up taking Korchinski or Pavel Mintyukov at this spot, adding a new top defenseman prospect to the organization that just traded away Hampus Lindholm and Josh Manson. I have heard Denton Mateychuk’s name mentioned here too by team sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad