Prospect Info: 2022 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Rankings for myself yes, but I'm not even going to attempt to predict this draft lol
Fair, lol.

I just have a feeling theres going to be some "outlandish" picks starting as soon as 6.

And that doenst include things like Cooley going 1st overall or something(which i dont really consider outlandish... i debate putting him 1st overall on my own list)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Realistically I'm hoping Nazar at 10. He should be there but I could also see Detroit take him. I still think they go with Kasper at 8 though
I agree about detroit likely taking Nazar/Kasper. I still have a feeling someone is going to take korchinski in top 9

Id be fine with nazar at 10... draft cant come soon enough lol.

I wont even lie... if we go Bischel at 10... i might snap my laptop in half.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
The way some guys are talking about Kasper it really seems doubtful he's there at 10. He might not make it to Detroit or even Ottawa.
He was ranked from 5 to 21 in the McKenzie's survey of 10 scouts. I think chances are he's not there at our pick, especially since he seems to be checking the size/speed/grit checkboxes for Detroit and Ottawa.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
He was ranked from 5 to 21 in the McKenzie's survey of 10 scouts. I think chances are he's not there at our pick, especially since he seems to be checking the size/speed/grit checkboxes for Detroit and Ottawa.
Ya i think he makes a lot of sense for detroit, ive had detroit taking him for a while. Buffalo might like him a lot at 9 too.

I feel like there will be too much on the board for Ott to go kasper tho.... but i guess we will find out.

Theres been a lot of talk about picks in top 10 being moved this year, more than i can remember in any previous drafts.... will be interesting to see if anything comes from it.

Reactions: Kalv

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Who is this year's Eklund to drop 4+ spots than expected ?
Eklund looked a easy lock for #3 but didn't even get drafted top5 and fell to #7
Several good drafting teams passing on him.

Reactions: 405Entrance

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Who is this year's Eklund to drop 4+ spots than expected ?
Eklund looked a easy lock for #3 but didn't even get drafted top5 and fell to #7
Several good drafting teams passing on him.
Probably Savoie, Kemell or Lekkerimaki. I'd say Savoie (I think he becomes an Ehlers type impact players personally) I'd love to add him.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Probably Savoie, Kemell or Lekkerimaki. I'd say Savoie (I think he becomes an Ehlers type impact players personally) I'd love to add him.
Been a fan of drafting Savoie for over a year and was my favorire prospect for this draft until he slid, except a year ago the thought was you had to pick #3 to get him as the consensus was Wright-Lambert-Savoie.

Imagine getting Savoie at #10 and Lambert at #22 lol.

anyone under 5'11" is a candidate to drop.
Yeah I agree there. Happens every year, no matter how skilled there is that short guy who drops.

Be it Caufield, Rossi or Eklund.

Reactions: 405Entrance

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Been a fan of drafting Savoie for over a year and was my favorire prospect for this draft until he slid, except a year ago the thought was you had to pick #3 to get him as the consensus was Wright-Lambert-Savoie.

Yeah I agree there. Happens every year, no matter how skilled there is that short guy who drops.

Savoie def my top choice(at least of realistic options)
Hes much different than any players we have in our system right now, as a org we def lack that high end speed up front.

Mintyukov prob 2nd choice, but its a toss up with him and Kemell/Lekkerimaki

Then you have guys like Nazar, Korchinski, Gauthier kasper that id be okay with too.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017

I have him a small tier below Korchinski and Mintyukov... I think he also has a chance of being available at #22.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

savoie at 10 and lambert at 22 is a dream scenario, but i'd be shocked if lambert is still there at 22

the former would easily be my first realistic choice if he's available at 10

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Really love everything about Nazar other than his height. He plays the right way and is a line driver/dynamic as Cooley. If he was bigger he would be a Beniers level prospect for sure, maybe even better.

He's really fit and has a strong lower body but yeah.... I think around #10 he's the perfect type pick for teams looking to get more dynamic. He actually kinda reminds me of Rossi, short but super strong with the puck and all world work ethic.

Last edited:

Kariya 9

Feb 28, 2014
Really love everything about Nazar other than his height. He plays the right way and is a line driver/dynamic as Cooley. If he was bigger he would be a Beniers level prospect for sure, maybe even better.

He's really fit and has a strong lower body but yeah.... I think around #10 he's a perfect pick. He's kind of like Rossi?

Nazar looks solid to me as well.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017

He's really fit and has a strong lower body but yeah.... I think around #10 he's the perfect type pick for teams looking to get more dynamic. He actually kinda reminds me of Rossi, short but super strong with the puck and all world work ethic.

5:12 of this video....

giphy.gif

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I also don't think the gap is that big between the top 2 D and Korchinski (literally not used to his own body completely) and Mintyukov (played on an absolutely horrible team; imagine the Ducks) and still produced numbers. They are Drysdale level prospects IMO and are being underrated due to Jiricek and Nemec international success. Might be a hot take but yeah I really believe that.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
If you are a Knies fan you probably would like us to take Snuggerud at #22. He plays so similar with the stick lifts, positioning and hockey sense. He plays so similar.... also funny he is joining Knies in Minnesota along with LaCombe. I'm a fan.

A bunch of short clip references below:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad