Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Through the first five games of the JYP season
Lambert- 0 goals 1 assist
Kemell- 3 goals 2 assists
I expected Kemell to work his way up the draft chart but if this keeps up he could legitimately pass Lambert, but if I had to guess I think Lambert will stay top 5 and Kemell will solidify himself in the top 10, we shall see though
Also Slafkovsky starts his season with 1 assist in 3 games

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
Doesn’t matter who but this team needs one more top end guy IMO. We know we’re gonna get depth but we just need one more guy. We’ll probably get a low end lottery pick in 2023 or make the playoffs and by 2024 we’ll definitely make the playoffs

Reactions: Trojans86

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Lambert is built for this modern NHL, his skating posture and stride reminds me so much of Connor McDavid.

GunnarStahl

Oct 13, 2020
It would be awesome if they could get an additional top 15 pick or at least top 20 whether that’s just a normal trade or a trade up. Think about being able to walk out of day one with a Savoie/Lambert/Nemec/Slafkovsky and a Jiricek/Salomonsson/Ostlund/almost any of the USDP guys

Reactions: Trojans86

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
It would be awesome if they could get an additional top 15 pick or at least top 20 whether that’s just a normal trade or a trade up. Think about being able to walk out of day one with a Savoie/Lambert/Nemec/Slafkovsky and a Jiricek/Salomonsson/Ostlund/almost any of the USDP guys
I would not be surprised if Jiricek's stock rises like McTavish and he's picked with the Ducks top6 pick.
He's the type of Dman Murray has coveted for a long time but none have been available as BPA at their draft position or thru trades.
A shoot first Dman with a big slap shot and the guy is big at 6'3 already and he's pretty good skater too.
I feel like Murray would want him as he's a different type than Drysdale just like how McTavish is different compared to Zegras.

Last time they had one of those big shots on the blue line was with Visnovsky and before that Pronger with his big slap shot,
Souray had a big shot too but he was way past his prime.
It also makes trading Manson easier as they know down the line they got Jiricek developing.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
I'm going to be paying a lot more attention to the team's draft position next season than the actual games lmao.

Sadly I feel the same as last season. I wont root for them to lose, but I wont be upset when the inevitable happens.

I just hope the young guys progress and the vets are either resigned to good deals or traded.

Reactions: lwvs84

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I would not be surprised if Jiricek's stock rises like McTavish and he's picked with the Ducks top6 pick.
He's the type of Dman Murray has coveted for a long time but none have been available as BPA at their draft position or thru trades.
A shoot first Dman with a big slap shot and the guy is big at 6'3 already and he's pretty good skater too.
I feel like Murray would want him as he's a different type than Drysdale just like how McTavish is different compared to Zegras.

Last time they had one of those big shots on the blue line was with Visnovsky and before that Pronger with his big slap shot,
Souray had a big shot too but he was way past his prime.
It also makes trading Manson easier as they know down the line they got Jiricek developing.

Jiricek is also quite physical and I think he got a suspension already this Fall for crosschecking someone in the face. Something like that, too lazy to check. Big and tough defenceman who can move the puck and shoot it sounds like a guy that the Ducks are missing.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Jiricek is also quite physical and I think he got a suspension already this Fall for crosschecking someone in the face. Something like that, too lazy to check. Big and tough defenceman who can move the puck and shoot it sounds like a guy that the Ducks are missing.
Czech Shea Weber with better skating and a bit of Pronger's nastiness.
I can't see him being there at #20 to #32 if the Ducks acquire another pick. He's my bet to be this years Seider/McTavish that will be a late riser.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

GunnarStahl

Oct 13, 2020
One more good defense men makes the Ducks young D prospect pool immaculate
Zellweger-Drysdale
Thrun-Jiricek/Salomonson or daresay Nemec
Lacombe-Andersson
Hinds-Moore
Mahura-Benoit
If a couple of those left D hit to a top 4 capacity it would solidify the back end for a decade

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Doesn’t matter who but this team needs one more top end guy IMO. We know we’re gonna get depth but we just need one more guy. We’ll probably get a low end lottery pick in 2023 or make the playoffs and by 2024 we’ll definitely make the playoffs

After seeing the rookie tourney, I'm feeling Zegras might have a good year for the Ducks and we probably won't be in the top-5, especially playing teams in our conference. Drysdale and McTavish also looked very good on ice, though we have no idea if McTavish will make the team this year on a permanent basis. The one player who could become a top-end guy is being developed right now in RW Perreault. I'm excited to see how Gulls' coach Bouchard can mold Perreault to, hopefully, become a top-end guy because Perreault's got top-end talent, but his game needs rounding out and that motor needs to be on high all the time instead of spurts.

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
After seeing the rookie tourney, I'm feeling Zegras might have a good year for the Ducks and we probably won't be in the top-5, especially playing teams in our conference. Drysdale and McTavish also looked very good on ice, though we have no idea if McTavish will make the team this year on a permanent basis. The one player who could become a top-end guy is being developed right now in RW Perreault. I'm excited to see how Gulls' coach Bouchard can mold Perreault to, hopefully, become a top-end guy because Perreault's got top-end talent, but his game needs rounding out and that motor needs to be on high all the time instead of spurts.
The only one guaranteed a spot should be zegras. Drysdale and the other young guys still need some time in the oven. Even if they did play the team is just so bad they wouldn’t be difference makers yet

GunnarStahl

Oct 13, 2020

Jiricek with a big game today, 3 points to bring himself to 4 points in 5 games, after a slow offensive start to the season and a suspension Jiricek appears to be a man on a mission to be a ppg in his draft year

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

Jiricek with a big game today, 3 points to bring himself to 4 points in 5 games, after a slow offensive start to the season and a suspension Jiricek appears to be a man on a mission to be a ppg in his draft year

If the Ducks make modest improvements because of Zegras, Comtois, Terry and Drysdale than getting Jiricek at #6 is looking pretty good.
They have Jiricek going #6 overall on this mockdraft 2022 NHL Mock Draft | 2022 NHL Draft | NHL Draft
Strangely they have Miroshnichenko going #2 overall.
Miroshnichenko that name is so long i think there has never been a superstar with that insanely long of a name but there has been plenty of busts with names that long.

GunnarStahl

Oct 13, 2020
FFB88B0A-100D-417C-8CCC-2D3E7483F074.jpeg

some interesting rankings from Bobs list to start the year, obviously early but regardless of where the Ducks finish, talent should be available

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
View attachment 467300
some interesting rankings from Bobs list to start the year, obviously early but regardless of where the Ducks finish, talent should be available
4 RHD in the top 10 is pretty great. Good chance the Ducks might pick one if they trade Manson & Lindholm they'll need another stud Dman.
I think higher of Jiricek and Nemec than last drafts Clarke. Both are better skaters than Clarke already.
I see Jiricek's game translating to the NHL pretty well, his shot is great and he's already big and skates so well for his size.
Nemec i hear he's a incredible skater, like Drysdale of Slovakia ?

As for forwards i do not want a Russian that high unless he is Michkov tier of prospect. Do not want a Smirnoff or Chistov redo.
I really like Russian forwards but i would be scared of drafting one that high at #2 unless its a can't miss talent like Michkov.

GunnarStahl

Oct 13, 2020
4 RHD in the top 10 is pretty great. Good chance the Ducks might pick one if they trade Manson & Lindholm they'll need another stud Dman.
I think higher of Jiricek and Nemec than last drafts Clarke. Both are better skaters than Clarke already.
I see Jiricek's game translating to the NHL pretty well, his shot is great and he's already big and skates so well for his size.
Nemec i hear he's a incredible skater, like Drysdale of Slovakia ?

As for forwards i do not want a Russian that high unless he is Michkov tier of prospect. Do not want a Smirnoff or Chistov redo.
I really like Russian forwards but i would be scared of drafting one that high at #2 unless its a can't miss talent like Michkov.
Miroschnichenko is really good, like quality of player shouldn’t be a concern with him

Reactions: 405Entrance
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
if we finish bottom five, who would you guys take? This team desperately needs offensive talent (clearly).

My best three in no particular order would be (besides Wright):
Lambert
Savoie
Conor Geekie

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
if we finish bottom five, who would you guys take? This team desperately needs offensive talent (clearly).

My best three in no particular order would be (besides Wright):
Lambert
Savoie
Conor Geekie

don’t mind any of those guys but I’m more interested in getting another pick around 16

trade Manson to a lower end contender at 50%

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad