Prospect Info: 2022 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
McTavish-Zegras-Perreault would give Zegras two wingers who could really shoot the puck.
When is the last time the Ducks had that many snipers/elite-shots in the system ? McTavish/Perreault/Pastujov is a lot more than i can remember.
If the Ducks end up with Lambert or Savoie they could potentially have 1 hard shooting sniper on each line in the top9.

Comtois/Zegras/Perreault
Volkov/McTavish/Terry
Jones/Lambert/Pastujov
Steel/Groulx/Lundestrom
3 scoring lines and a defensive minded 4th line.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
When is the last time the Ducks had that many snipers/elite-shots in the system ? McTavish/Perreault/Pastujov is a lot more than i can remember.
If the Ducks end up with Lambert or Savoie they could potentially have 1 hard shooting sniper on each line in the top9.

Comtois/Zegras/Perreault
Volkov/McTavish/Terry
Jones/Lambert/Pastujov
Steel/Groulx/Lundestrom
3 scoring lines and a defensive minded 4th line.

It would be great if Lambert gets drafted to Ducks
and Selanne gets a honor to announce that pick.

But does Ducks need player like Lambert ?
i'm just wondering that because ducks haven't drafted Finnish players
for long while but maybe 2022 that will happen.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
It would be great if Lambert gets drafted to Ducks
and Selanne gets a honor to announce that pick.

But does Ducks need player like Lambert ?
i'm just wondering that because ducks haven't drafted Finnish players
for long while but maybe 2022 that will happen.
If course any talent is always welcome, I’d image he would be on Z’s line or he would anchor 2 and have mctavish be on Z’s line

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Czech David Jiricek could rise to be a top5 pick in 2022.
6'3 Right shot Dman who has a a great shot from the point and a bomb of a 1 timer. Like a taller Czech version of Visnovsky.

Then there is Slovakian Simon Nemec who is 6'1 and has great skating.

If the Ducks miss out on Wright/Lambert/Savoie then I want one of Jiricek or Nemec.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Czech David Jiricek could rise to be a top5 pick in 2022.
6'3 Right shot Dman who has a a great shot from the point and a bomb of a 1 timer. Like a taller Czech version of Visnovsky.

Then there is Slovakian Simon Nemec who is 6'1 and has great skating.

If the Ducks miss out on Wright/Lambert/Savoie then I want one of Jiricek or Nemec.
It’s very early right now and we still haven’t seen a lot of the OHL talent so there isn’t really anyone who stands out above the rest to me but those two defenseman do seem very good as well as Salomonsson, especially Nemec and I also am particularly interested by Slafkovsky, oh and also some of the Americans like McGroarty and Cooley.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
It’s very early right now and we still haven’t seen a lot of the OHL talent so there isn’t really anyone who stands out above the rest to me but those two defenseman do seem very good as well as Salomonsson, especially Nemec and I also am particularly interested by Slafkovsky, oh and also some of the Americans like McGroarty and Cooley.
Yeah it is indeed early. I am thinking there is a good chance the Ducks don't get to pick one of the Top3 forwards because draft lottery could always bump them back 1 or 2 spots.
I see Nemec possibly being BPA at #4 who also happens to fill a long term need as well with RD if they trade Manson at the deadline.
Then there is RD Jiricek who i have as a candidate to up his stock into the top 6 & his power slap shot makes him the kinda Dman that Murray has wanted for years since Visnovsky has been gone.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Aside from the top 3 Centers, one of the Russian wingers, particularly Miroshichenko would interest me along with Jiricek or Nemec
Yeah those Russian wingers are really good but i don't see Murray drafting a Russian that high unless its a can't miss prospect like Matvei Michkov.
and that thing with Kaprizov doesn't help Murray change his mind.

I really hope for the best luck in the lottery but am expecting the worst to drop 2 spots down so i can be pleasantly surprised if they stay or move up.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Just to bump the Hockey News' 2022 top-10 prospects list

Here's the Hockey News' projected 2022 top-10 from their magazine, Future Watch edition.

1. C Shane Wright, OHL
2. C Brad Lambert, Fin
3. C Matt Savoie, USHL
4. D Simon Nemec, Svk
5. C Logan Cooley, USHL - Notre Dame commit (NCAA)
6. LW Juraj Slafkovsky, Fin
7. D Tristan Luneau, QMJHL
8. D David Jiricek, Cze
9. LW Rutger McGroarty, USHL - Notre Dame commit (NCAA)
10. C Jack D. Hughes, USHL - Northeastern commit (NCAA)​

There could be some other talents that push themselves up into the top-10 like a McTavish in 2021.

Last edited:

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
He let madden do his thing this past draft so hopefully he f***s off and let’s him draft a Russian if madden thinks it’s BPA. A winger would be perfect IMO
Comtois zegras -new winger
??? - mctavish -Perrault
That would just leave the 2nd LW spot open but that could be easy to fill

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Leblanc looks good with one of the late round picks. Nickname him 'Matt Leblanc' or 'Joey from Friends' lol.
Fun trivia: Matt Leblanc is actually part French Canadian despite being an American.
matt-leblanc-during-homeless-4-hockey-at-the-forum-in-los-angeles-ca-picture-id114621678

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If they end up with Jiricek or Nemec they will be set at Right Shot Dman for such a long time......
Starting to think Jiricek is a great candidate to climb up the rankings. Could be the Czech prospect version of Shea Weber.

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
If they end up with Jiricek or Nemec they will be set at Right Shot Dman for such a long time......
Starting to think Jiricek is a great candidate to climb up the rankings. Could be the Czech prospect version of Shea Weber.
I’d rather go forward again. Call me an optimist but I have a lot of faith in Moore and our development staff when it comes to defensemen

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I’d rather go forward again. Call me an optimist but I have a lot of faith in Moore and our development staff when it comes to defensemen

If we're planning on extending both Lindholm and Manson, then we should go after more forwards. If we're not keeping them, then we're missing a #1 D as well as shutdown defensemen.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Not that i think well be in the running for Bedard(i think well be trending upwards so unless we get lucky in lottery no shot), who would you rather have?

Bedard or Wright

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
Wright, maybe shortsighted but I’d rather start the upswing sooner rather than later, also Wright and Zegras would be a lethal duo

Reactions: Getz2noone

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Wright, maybe shortsighted but I’d rather start the upswing sooner rather than later, also Wright and Zegras would be a lethal duo
Reason i asked was cause i havnt seen much of Wright yet...

Ive seen more of Bedard, and he looks pretty magical(between barzal and mcdavid) ... and the stuff i have seen of Wright gives me kinda a better tavares vibe(not a bad thing)

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Bedard is supposed to be the next Crosby tier prospect.
As can't miss as you could possibly get.

But crazy is 2023 draft also has Michkov who is the best Russian draft prospect since Ovi and he's a sniper.
Michkov is projected to be better than most recent #1 picks like Laf, Hughes, Powers, Hischier.
That Michkov will go #2 after Bedard is how good Bedard is.

Reactions: Getz2noone

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Just to bump the Hockey News' 2022 top-10 prospects list

Here's the Hockey News' projected 2022 top-10 from their magazine, Future Watch edition.

1. C Shane Wright, OHL
2. C Brad Lambert, Fin
3. C Matt Savoie, USHL
4. D Simon Nemec, Svk
5. C Logan Cooley, USHL - Notre Dame commit (NCAA)
6. LW Juraj Slafkovsky, Fin
7. D Tristan Luneau, QMJHL
8. D David Jiricek, Cze
9. LW Rutger McGroarty, USHL - Notre Dame commit (NCAA)
10. C Jack D. Hughes, USHL - Northeastern commit (NCAA)​

There could be some other talents that push themselves up into the top-10 like a McTavish in 2021.
I know it's NOT your list but...

Lambert was falling - World Juniors was not great (IIRC). Not sure when he jumped ahead of Savoie - who had a terrific year in the USHL.

Lots of Canadian kids did not play last year. Expect every list to change in a big way as the seasons goes on.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Bedard is supposed to be the next Crosby tier prospect.
As can't miss as you could possibly get.

But crazy is 2023 draft also has Michkov who is the best Russian draft prospect since Ovi and he's a sniper.
Michkov is projected to be better than most recent #1 picks like Laf, Hughes, Powers, Hischier.
That Michkov will go #2 after Bedard is how good Bedard is.
The Top 3 of the 2022 draft are scary good - Wright, Savoie and Lambert. But, as you mentioned, Bedard (2023) may be better than all of them.

Before Bedard came along, Wright (2022) was going to be the next Crosby. Funny how things change.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad