Prospect Info: 2022 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
If lindholm, gibson and fowler get hurt again we’ll obviously be bottom 5 again. It doesn’t matter how good the kids are. We need the vets to step up
We'll be bottom 3 even with Lindholm/Gibson/Fowler healthy.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Terry did not stay the same, cmon you can't be serious he was one of our only line drivers (if you even want to call our forwards that) Him and very few others would even carry the puck in everyone would just dump or chip and chase.

tl;dr version:

Terry at the NHL level with the puck

tenor.gif

Epic version:

You mean the thing he's been doing for the past few years? Everyone on here knows Terry's got mad talent, but I essentially see the same player. Lots of "oohs" and "ahhhs", but the end production is meh. We're all still waiting for Terry to breakout... going into year 4.

Terry: AHL
Terry
YearLeagueGamesGAPtsPPG
2018-19AHL411625411.00
2019-20AHL1479161.14
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
We are in awe with what Terry does in the AHL, which is why we've been so giddy about what he can do at the NHL level!

Terry: NHL
Terry
YearLeagueGamesGAPtsPPG
2018-19NHL3249130.41
2019-20NHL47411150.32
2020-21NHL48713200.42
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
The difference between Terry's AHL play and NHL play should have you wanting more. Three seasons of similar production that makes you go, "huh." Don't you want something close to his AHL production at the NHL level or are you seriously trying to defend this lack of production because he does a lot of figure skating on the ice? I want more. You should want more. Terry is trending towards the "Holland Hang-up" which is great in the AHL and stuck waiting at the NHL level.​

Is there another prospect we can compare Terry to that shows a noticeable improvement?

Comtois
Comtois
YearLeagueGamesGAPtsPPG
2018-19NHL102570.70
2019-20AHL31915240.77
NHL2956110.38
2020-21NHL551617330.60
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
We were all hyped up with Comtois' 10-game audition, but most of his damage came at the start of the 10-games and fortuitously got injured so he didn't have to be exposed to the Seattle expansion draft. That is just a small sample at the NHL level for Comtois, but at least we know he can produce. Now, look at Comtois' AHL production. It isn't anywhere near Terry's AHL production. We can project that Comtois shouldn't produce better than Terry at the NHL level, but it wasn't the case. Terry's production has plateaued. For Comtois, there is noticeable improvement between these past two seasons in production is easily identifiable, from 0.38 ppg to 0.60 ppg. Comtois surpassed Terry at the NHL, AINEC.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
When Terry is confident and not nervous such as playing in Denver he is at his best and you see it with how he destroys the Avs.

Terry has mentioned before in interview about what he has to do with his mindset and not forcing things, appears It's all in his head, his talent and ability are very good.

The mental side of the game is being overlooked in general.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
This draft is so nuts, it has anything one could ever ask for, has superstars at the top and will have potential elite talent all across the first round and early second. I wonder if the reason we have seen Bob not move any players of value out is possibly because he want to use them to get picks in this draft specifically ‍

Duckesh

Jul 20, 2021
This draft is so nuts, it has anything one could ever ask for, has superstars at the top and will have potential elite talent all across the first round and early second. I wonder if the reason we have seen Bob not move any players of value out is possibly because he want to use them to get picks in this draft specifically

That is the funniest thing I have ever read.

Bob's just doing bob stuff. Nothing.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
This draft is so nuts, it has anything one could ever ask for, has superstars at the top and will have potential elite talent all across the first round and early second. I wonder if the reason we have seen Bob not move any players of value out is possibly because he want to use them to get picks in this draft specifically ‍

Why should any team in the top 10-12 trade their pick? Some very good prospects here.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Savoie is for sure a fine talent but "destroying" (like described in the video title) with being a PPG and running scoreless in 2 playoff games?

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Savoie is for sure a fine talent but "destroying" (like described in the video title) with being a PPG and running scoreless in 2 playoff games?
Yeah true. However he's still better than Beniers and getting him at #3 would be exciting. Would rather have Lambert or Wright of course.

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
If we land any of the top 3 does that mean mctavish plays with zegras or does he get to center them ?

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
If we land any of the top 3 does that mean mctavish plays with zegras or does he get to center them ?

I think the top guys this year are all right shot centers so they could work very well in tandem with mason and Trevor.

I think we need to see our current duo in the nhl at center for a longer period of time to know for sure because Trevor looked awesome there but I feel like his play style is going to make him more likely to be switched to wing.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
This draft gets even more nuts when you realize that other than Wright almost no OHL guys have had a chance to get exposure, and some other notable leagues had little to no exposure last year as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->