Pre-Game Talk: 2022 NHL Draft Mega Thread: All Draft Talk Goes Here!

Who Does Montreal Draft 1st OA?

• Cooley, Logan

Votes: 53 10.0%
  • Jiricek, David

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Nemec, Simon

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Slafkovsky, Juraj

Votes: 34 6.4%
  • Wright, Shane

Votes: 425 80.5%
  • Other

Votes: 7 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Did Renaud Lavoie really say 'I will fall out of my chair if they pick Shane Wright' ??? The guy doing interviews with players for TVASports said he would fall out of his chair if the Habs selected the player ranked 1 or 2 ??

ESSCIRJWkAEkvIg.jpg

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I'm going with Cooley. For me, it's always been Wright and Cooley and ultimately, with today's press conference and Hughes' comments about character and his comments about Wright's missed year due to the pandemic.. I just have a feeling it’s gonna be Cooley.
Yeah I got mixed messaging from Hughes. He also talked about translatable Games being very important. Wrights game is high translatable whereas Cooley's (while I think he'll be great and is clearly 2nd BPA) is less so. Before the lottery, I stated that if Habs get 1 or 2 it's a win win in my eyes as both wright and Cooley are fantastic picks. Basically, your subjective view on how you prefer your hockey to be played will determine which one you like more

Last edited:
Reactions: McPhees Moustache

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal
So this is it, no Shane Wright ? @WeThreeKings

"If he is drafted by the Canadians, I will be surprised," Renaud Lavoie told La Dose . This guy did not live up to expectations.

“If the Canadiens draft Shane Wright, I'll be happy for the kid, but I'll be very surprised. I think I would fall out of my chair."

Forwards Juraj Slafkovsky and Logan Cooley are the other two players still in the hunt for the No. 1 pick.

And according to Renaud Lavoie, there is something important to consider in the case of Slafkovsky.

"He can play in Laval [with the Rocket] next year and the other two can't," he said. That, for me, is a marked advantage.”
Oddly enough, that piece of information from Renaud isn't even shared through nor referred to in his tweets

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016

"If he is drafted by the Canadians, I will be surprised," Renaud Lavoie told La Dose . This guy did not live up to expectations.

“If the Canadiens draft Shane Wright, I'll be happy for the kid, but I'll be very surprised. I think I would fall out of my chair."

Forwards Juraj Slafkovsky and Logan Cooley are the other two players still in the hunt for the No. 1 pick.

And according to Renaud Lavoie, there is something important to consider in the case of Slafkovsky.

"He can play in Laval [with the Rocket] next year and the other two can't," he said. That, for me, is a marked advantage.”
For an 18 year old development I prefer the NCAA route over the AHL

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The Renaud commentary is something but I wouldn't read everything into it -yet-.

They have a lean but they haven't decided. Hughes made that clear. So if they are gonna leak anything to prepare the crowd/fan base it will start tomorrow.

TSN is posting a bunch of content about Wright to the Habs. A leak and coordinated messaging would be in both languages.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
It’s too soon guys, the articles that wtk are referencing will be tomorrow not in La Dose. Play this out, tonight they were meeting assume it’s 7pm when they make a decision and they contact renaud in 30 minutes. He then gives an interview and it’s posted within 2 hours nah.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Not that he's working for a dying TV Network with the NHL rights to present the draft......

Also, Slafkovsky playinng in Laval is just the type of stupid shortcuts we shouldn't take.....either he's ready or he's not, the AHL is not the place to develop top prospect. Never was.

But hey.....it's his opinion, he doesn't have anymore info than anyone else.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Kent Hughes in the PC: "We do value hockey sense. But hockey sense to me is also in part understanding what your greatest assets/attributes are and knowing how to make them most impactful in a game."

Feel he was talking about Wright here, and him not using his assets enough offensively.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Kent Hughes in the PC: "We do value hockey sense. But hockey sense to me is also in part understanding what your greatest assets/attributes are and knowing how to make them most impactful in a game."

Feel he was talking about Wright here.

Hockey sense could be Wright or Cooley.

It's not Slafkovsky by any rational person and I don't think anyone can say Slaf uses his size to his advantage outside of his puck protection and cycle game.

Reactions: windycity and Saxon

Cyrrus147

Jul 3, 2006
Montreal

Yeah, we ll draft a player first overall because he can play in the ahl next year.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I think Chantal would leak info to her old RDS colleagues. Renaud switched to TVA a while back so his Habs sources seem kind of gray for me. Plus he hasn’t tweeted or posted an article yet.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Holy shit, listening the PC now when Lecavalier gets asked about whether being 1st overall was important to him, he makes a strange pseudo lapsus when he says something like paraphrasing: "If you were 1st at beginning of year you dont want to fall behind, it kind of shows that maybe you had an off year, or maybe people see that maybe theres something you're not doing right, you know what i mean" and theres a weird subtle emphasis on "right" (Wright). That just felt like a Freudian double language lol.

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
Holy shit, listening the PC now when Lecavalier gets asked about whether being 1st overall was important to him, he makes a strange pseudo lapsus when he says something like paraphrasing: "If you were 1st at beginning of year you dont want to fall behind, it shows that maybe you had an off year, it kind of show that people see that maybe theres something you're not doing right, you know what i mean" and theres a weird subtle emphasis on "right" (Wright). That just felt like a Freudian double language lol.
I don’t think it’s Freudian when it’s the situation lol

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
Let's remember that Hughes is an ex-agent, and agents use leaks and media all the time to bluff or gain leverage in negotiations.

Thus, the great bluff is on for the draft. Who will call and who will fold?

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I don’t think it’s Freudian when it’s the situation lol

The Freudian was in the "right" (Wright).

There's something you're not doing right

There's something you're not doing, Wright.

I'm just buzzing around.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
The Renaud commentary is something but I wouldn't read everything into it -yet-.

They have a lean but they haven't decided. Hughes made that clear. So if they are gonna leak anything to prepare the crowd/fan base it will start tomorrow.

TSN is posting a bunch of content about Wright to the Habs. A leak and coordinated messaging would be in both languages.
ofc they won't leak it , people actually waste money to watch this live at bell center. Free money literally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad