NFL GDT: 2022 NFC Wild Card Round: (2) San Francisco 49ers vs (7) Seattle Seahawks

SF vs SEA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Purdy is totally going to be this teams starter next year.

Say hello to future Indianapolis Colt Trey Lance

I honestly wonder what happens to Purdy next season. Of course his team is f***ing loaded but he's shown enough that he has no reason not to bet on himself. Very composed too.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I honestly wonder what happens to Purdy next season. Of course his team is f***ing loaded but he's shown enough that he has no reason not to bet on himself. Very composed too.
The composure is the most impressive part of his game in my opinion.

Seattle has actually done a halfway decent job generating penetration and he isn't even fazed. Compare that to another 7th round pick in Skyler Thompson who has zero feel for the pocket/pressure and you start to wonder how in the hell these guys went in the same round.

That type of composure/chill isn't a teachable trait either. You either got it, or don't.

I'd keep him. Effective player on a rookie deal makes it easier to maintain the rest of the roster. Jimmy walks to presumably New York, Lance is traded to whoever loses out on one of the big two QB prospects.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Yup, refball ruined this game.

Not the incredibly poorly timed turnover that completely flipped momentum. No sir.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The composure is the most impressive part of his game in my opinion.

Seattle has actually done a halfway decent job generating penetration and he isn't even fazed. Compare that to another 7th round pick in Skyler Thompson who has zero feel for the pocket/pressure and you start to wonder how in the hell these guys went in the same round.

That type of composure/chill isn't a teachable trait either. You either got it, or don't.

I'd keep him. Effective player on a rookie deal makes it easier to maintain the rest of the roster. Jimmy walks to presumably New York, Lance is traded to whoever loses out on one of the big two QB prospects.
But I’d be careful with expectations next season. We very often see guys decline in year two after defenses figure out what makes them uncomfortable. He has earned the opportunity, but fans need to given him some leash.

Reactions: Terry Yake

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad