NFL GDT: 2022 NFC Wild Card Round: (2) San Francisco 49ers vs (7) Seattle Seahawks

SF vs SEA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
7 seed should be abolished. All it does is line the league's pockets while letting absolute trash into the playoffs (sans that one 11-5 Colts team in 2020) and we all watch because we're dirty sluts.

Like sure Miami got in (glad because it prevented potential owner meddling) but does it really matter when they're walking into a slaughter tomorrow afternoon?

Just wait until the 8th seed is added
I think it'll happen more than you think, the 7 might be 10-7 some years, not that crazy a 10-7 could beat a 13-4 or 14-3 in 1 game

Possibly but so far they've all been blowouts minus that Colts vs Bills game 2 years ago.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Yeah they might have made it competitive but not won. Detroit may have actually given SF trouble more so than SEA
Detroit is a bit of a weird one since we saw essentially two different teams in that city.

The first 8 games where they were on pace to be the worst defense known to man, but with a banger offense. And then the other 9 where they fired the DBs coach and suddenly the defense became functional.

I think I agree though. Detroit's o-line is one of a select few in the league that's up to the task of slowing down Bosa and company.

Just wait until the 8th seed is added

Possibly but so far they've all been blowouts minus that Colts vs Bills game 2 years ago.
Can't wait to watch the 7-10 Steelers battle it out against the 15-2 Chiefs in a game the world will pretend will be remotely competitive for some reason.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The O/U being only 42 here was as dumb as MIN/NYG being 49, I don't think they come anywhere near that and always felt SF alone here could put up 30

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
How the f*** did Brock Purdy and Skylar Thompson go in the same round?

Sure no one expects a 7th rounder to be good but it still feels...wrong realizing that.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
At this point the only thing i see getting in San Francisco's way is having to probably win the NFC in Philadelphia.

The Linc in january is a hostile place. Outside of that they should run through the Vikings or Bucs/Cowboys

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

I’m happy with this season. They have some good pieces to build around on both sides of the ball.

I want them to add a high end defensive player at #5 at the draft.

Lots of positives to build off, wouldn’t be surprised if K9 took offensive rookie of the year and Woolen defensive rookie of the year.

Lost today to a better team, plain and simple.

Reactions: sigma six

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
At this point the only thing i see getting in San Francisco's way is having to probably win the NFC in Philadelphia.

The Linc in january is a hostile place. Outside of that they should run through the Vikings or Bucs/Cowboys
I don't think that will bother them any more than the 49ers seem a bit more vulnerable on the road, but that's not atypical. They won't lose that game because of the crowd.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Wouldn’t call it misery. This season has been a massive success
I'm just still bitter about the win over Washington in the playoffs years back. Now, the future is too bright with Herschel Walker 2.0 trade setting them up in perfect position to be the nouveau Dallas Cowboys. This may be the very last early termination of a Seachickens season for a while.

Reactions: ScottishCanuck

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
We always see these lists of the 50% of playoff teams don’t make it the next season in the NFL. I’m putting Seattle on my list of teams not getting back to the playoffs next season. They were a nice story with Geno making us all smile, but I’m not picking them to be on an upswing.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Turns out +9.5 wasn't that outlandish of a line.

Yeah, I jinxed that one. :laugh:

We always see these lists of the 50% of playoff teams don’t make it the next season in the NFL. I’m putting Seattle on my list of teams not getting back to the playoffs next season. They were a nice story with Geno making us all smile, but I’m not picking them to be on an upswing.

Should still be a year to be remembered. He got an extra game but come in after 6-7 years as a back-up and throw 30+ tugs and beating the franchise record for completion percentage, attempts, completions and yards is a superb achievement coming off a surefire HOF QB.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I’m happy with this season. They have some good pieces to build around on both sides of the ball.

I want them to add a high end defensive player at #5 at the draft.

Lots of positives to build off, wouldn’t be surprised if K9 took offensive rookie of the year and Woolen defensive rookie of the year.

Lost today to a better team, plain and simple.

Exactly, Seattle is on the way to a fast rebuild. They’ll be better for the 2023 season.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Didn't get chance to watch game

Was Smith good or bad? Are Hawks likely to go QB in draft or stick with him for now
He was fine. Genuinely just a better, more experienced team winning. I don’t know if Geno is necessarily the answer in Seattle but I think there’s a world where they get another piece on defense instead of a QB and roll with Geno.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I thought he was fine, he wasn't the reason that they lost, the defense only stopped SF once all game, allowing scores on 9 of 10 possessions, before the kneeldowns
The strip sack lost fumble and interception were huge plays because Seattle’s defense couldn’t get a stop all day. Geno had to play a perfect game for them to win and he had a couple of mistakes.

I think they should look at trading down a bit and using their picks at getting more depth on defense and the oline before going qb. Geno is a decent short term option.

Sep 19, 2008
Nick Bosa of the San Francisco 49ers is a GREAT PLAYER. Always there to make the BIG play. Good, tough genes!

Reactions: fin8

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
How the f*** did Brock Purdy and Skylar Thompson go in the same round?

Sure no one expects a 7th rounder to be good but it still feels...wrong realizing that.
Purdy has played well but he's in a perfect situation. He's got a good Oline and surrounded by playmakers. He's not asked to do to much and because of great offensive scheming many of the guys he is throwing to are wide open. And when he faced pressure yesterday it was almost always only one guy. Let's see how he moves forward against tougher defenses.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Anyone who saw Purdy play in college knew he at least had backup potential. His worst season was better than Thompson’s best. 49ers weren’t planning to take a QB but having the last pick of the draft, the value was too good. It’s proven how dumb it was for them to do what they did to get Lance, imagine what they could do right now if they hadn’t done that.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I thought he was fine, he wasn't the reason that they lost, the defense only stopped SF once all game, allowing scores on 9 of 10 possessions, before the kneeldowns

The problem is that his ceiling is probably just fine.

He really went back down to earth on the 2nd half of the season just like the 2nd half of last nights game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad