NBA 2022 NBA Offseason, Trade, Free Agency Thread

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
shit, must be a damn good mascot if he's pulling that bank
And mascots only work half of the 82-game season.

And I don’t know how the hiring works. It’s not like the cheerleading squad where they try out every year. I think the mascot guy keeps the job until he decides to quit or gets fired, right?

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I casually follow this sport, can't stand it, but can someone PLEASE explain to me how the Sacramento Kings have not made a single appearance in the playoffs since 2006?

Between 2006 and 2016 the Kings got 10...yes, 10 top 10 picks. In fact, in many of those years the Kings were so bad they received a top 3 pick.

And they still haven't made the playoffs even with all this infusion of talent. Am I missing something here?

Yes, I understand. They should have drafted Doncic. But many teams passed on him too. They missed on talent, sure. But 10 years in a row, missing out on talent? Help me understand here.

Not getting the #1 pick in 2009 was a start. But then the guy they did draft (Evans) had a really good rookie year, and then they f***ed up his development I guess. There was also Thomas Robinson over Lillard, Ferdette over Klay, McLemore and Stauskas didn't pan out, WCS was just okay, Papagiannis at #13 was an insane reach, etc.

It sounds like Vivek has let McNair do his thing but he got way too involved early on. Maloof bros didn't leave him him in a good place either

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Not getting the #1 pick in 2009 was a start. But then the guy they did draft (Evans) had a really good rookie year, and then they f***ed up his development I guess. There was also Thomas Robinson over Lillard, Ferdette over Klay, McLemore and Stauskas didn't pan out, WCS was just okay, Papagiannis at #13 was an insane reach, etc.

It sounds like Vivek has let McNair do his thing but he got way too involved early on. Maloof bros didn't leave him him in a good place either

Ranadive was way too involved for a long time, plus hired Divac to run the team based on the qualification of him being a former franchise great.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I remember when Key Arena had a steep seating bowl. The main broadcast camera angle was coming from way up high. Now with the major makeover, looks like the seating is is less steep.

Key Arena.png

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
If anyone other than Draymond did that they'd be cut from the team immediately. That's disgusting.

Sep 19, 2008
If anyone other than Draymond did that they'd be cut from the team immediately. That's disgusting.
How hasn't he been suspended? 5 games. Come on. The season is 82 games long you can suspend and fine him for that.

Even worse is Poole isn't even doing anything. Draymond just goes up to him and knocks him down. (yes i know we can't hear audio). But it looks completely unprovoked.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
My guess is this ended up getting leaked because someone inside the team is incredibly pissed off at how Warriors management responded to this incident, as they should be. If he wasn't a superstar, he'd have been cut.

Know Your Enemy

Registered
Jul 18, 2004
North Vancouver
I'm ashamed that I was kinda defending Draymond on twitter before I saw this video. I really wasn't expecting it to be this bad. He totally crossed the line. I'll never do that again.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I won’t be surprised if this is the end of Green in SF. They’ll be looking to trade him, but who’s willing to trade for a $25 million a year triple single role player on the wrong side of 30?

Reactions: Voight

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I won’t be surprised if this is the end of Green in SF. They’ll be looking to trade him, but who’s willing to trade for a $25 million a year triple single role player on the wrong side of 30?
Couldn’t they terminate his contract over this? Probably…but sports orgs never have the balls to do what’s right. I’m glad the video evidence got leaked; there is no way they can spin it now. If they sweep it under the rug, the days of Golden State being the prime destination for free agents are over. Poole should force a trade if the team does anything less than ship DG out of town, by whatever means possible. f*** him.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Apparently TMZ paid 6 figures

LOL
They’re about to fight the warriors in court on how they got the video. They apparently fight tooth and nail to keep the names hidden of the people.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Couldn’t they terminate his contract over this? Probably…but sports orgs never have the balls to do what’s right. I’m glad the video evidence got leaked; there is no way they can spin it now. If they sweep it under the rug, the days of Golden State being the prime destination for free agents are over. Poole should force a trade if the team does anything less than ship DG out of town, by whatever means possible. f*** him.

They might be able to but they won't. They can still trade him and get something back, his bird rights hold value to them.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Its complete BS Silver hasn't suspended Green. Sprewell got like 60+ games for doing something similar to his coach.... why is Green allowed to still play?

If Wiseman develops right they already have a potential in-house replacement

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Its complete BS Silver hasn't suspended Green. Sprewell got like 60+ games for doing something similar to his coach.... why is Green allowed to still play?

I mean Silver would have nothing to do with this I’d think. It would be a real bad look for the NBA if they’re meddling in team’s practices and what happens in practices.

On an unrelated note, if the Clippers stay healthy and that’s a big if they will be the team to beat.

Wall/Jackson/Preston
George/Powell/Coffey
Kawhi/Mann/Kennard
Morris/Batum/Diabate
Zubac/Covington/Brown

Sep 19, 2008
I don't care if it's a "bad look". Stern would have immediately suspended him. Draymond needs to face punishment for what he did, hitting a teammate unprovoked like that.

Silver barely does anything as is. A puppet commish.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I mean Silver would have nothing to do with this I’d think. It would be a real bad look for the NBA if they’re meddling in team’s practices and what happens in practices.

On an unrelated note, if the Clippers stay healthy and that’s a big if they will be the team to beat.

Wall/Jackson/Preston
George/Powell/Coffey
Kawhi/Mann/Kennard
Morris/Batum/Diabate
Zubac/Covington/Brown

Umm no. Practice or not it doesn't really matter. They aren't meddling in a teams practice they are simply enforcing a code of conduct. Wouldn't be a bad look at all.

Sprewell choked his coach during practice and was suspended for that. This isn't much different.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

I don't see how you replace a 6'6" PF DPOY candidate with a 7 foot center. Kuminga maybe. Having both him and Wiggins in the starting lineup could be very good.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Nets once again decimated by injury LOL. KD and Kyrie cursed. Here they are starting the season and no sign of Joe Harris or Seth Curry returning any time soon. Both are injury prone and if they ever do return will surely just be getting re-injured within a matter of a few games. And it’s not like KD and/or Kyrie aren’t gonna get injured again themselves.

This team will never be healthy not once in the entire 3-4 year span that Durant/Irving has been there. Think about how insane that is. They had all offseason to FINALLY get Ben Simmons back and now Curry and Harris are both gone and again there’s zero time table for them to return. Might not be at all. Harris has been out for well over a year with an ankle sprain. Lol….like wtf? Talk about being cursed. Also Seth Curry has been hurt literally the very second since he joined Brooklyn. And hasn’t shown any progress in recovery. Nets fans must know by now that they are destined to fail.

markog

Apr 4, 2008
Slovenia
After extending Poole and Wiggins, Golden State will pay almost half a billion in luxury tax in 23/24 if they don't do any changes to their roster. :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad