NFL: 2022 Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
IMO, just looking at the Buffalo lineup on PFF, it seems like Lloyd could easily replace Milano or Lee. Lloyd is a stud. He would absolutely contribute this season.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I understand Buffalo taking a LB with Edmunds in his final year and money committed all over.

however…they are in complete win now mode and I don’t see any way they use the best resource they have left to get a contributor this season on a player who won’t contribute this season.
Round 1 picks contribute regardless of the need of position, and if they don't you likely drafted poorly.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Round 1 picks contribute regardless of the need of position, and if they don't you likely drafted poorly.

IMO, just looking at the Buffalo lineup on PFF, it seems like Lloyd could easily replace Milano or Lee. Lloyd is a stud. He would absolutely contribute this season.
If you believe they’re putting in a rookie to replace Milano in their all in year you are a crazy person. Edmunds plays 100 percent of snaps. full stop.

so you’re now using a first round pick to replace…AJ Klein? Go look up his snap counts. I don’t believe so.

you can look up who Lee is to the team and edit him out of your post now understanding they don’t use three LB sets. And if they do…it will be Von Miller standing up on passing downs coming off the left side.

I tried to be polite but it’s a silly pick they will not make.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
If you believe they’re putting in a rookie to replace Milano in their all in year you are a crazy person. Edmunds plays 100 percent of snaps. full stop.

so you’re now using a first round pick to replace…AJ Klein? Go look up his snap counts. I don’t believe so.

you can look up who Lee is to the team and edit him out of your post now understanding they don’t use three LB sets. And if they do…it will be Von Miller standing up on passing downs coming off the left side.

My god man. I’ve been lurking too but sign ups were like 3 weeks long. If you care this much about fake shit, you should have signed up. It’s literally just a fun game for people to kill time before the draft.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh

I didn't know that the Bills are only going to be able to compete this year and that rookies can't contribute to a team's success. And that all the Bill's players are 100% healthy all the time.

Why don't the Bills just trade all their picks for a few players that can help them for just this year?

Just trying to be polite.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I wasn't really planning on drafting a QB for the Lions this year but Ridder in the 3rd round was too good of value to pass on. I wouldn't be surprised if he goes 1st round and even top 10 wouldn't shock me.
I agree. I dont have a team where it makes any sense or else I would have

Reactions: DaaaaB's

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Sorry Lads, was in Florida for the week and lost my phone. Should've used a computer to say I couldn't make my picks. my bad ya'll!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He'll provide ridiculous advantages at Mile High
I was gonna do it, so it's a good pick. I don't know if he'll go round 3, but i don't know if we've seen a punter like this.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
My 2022 Giants Mock Draft

1st Round = T Ikem Ekwonu - North Carolina State (5th overall)
1st Round = S Kyle Hamilton - Notre Dame (7th overall)
2nd Round = EDGE Boye Mafe - Minnesota (36th overall)
3rd Round = CB Zyon McCollum - Sam Houston State (67th overall)
3rd Round = TE Cade Otton - Washington (81st overall)

Think I addressed some major needs for Giants

Thought of going RB in 3rd round but the CB situation and TE situation to me are more pressing issues for Giants as well as needs longterm

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Packers 2022 Mock Draft
1:22 - WR Drake London - USC (Actual: 8 OA)
1:28 - DE David Ojabo - Michigan (Actual:
45 OA)
2:21 - OT Tyler Smith - Tulsa (Actual: 24 OA)
2:27 - DT Travis Jones - UConn (Actual: 76 OA)
3:28 - TE Jelani Woods - Virginia (Actual: 73 OA)

Big fan of this draft from the Packers perspective. I think I got good value on London, Smith, and Jones. Might have reached a bit for Ojabo with his injury, but I really like his upside and the Packers have the ability to wait a little on an edge rusher with their current roster. I'd imagine that the Packers would take another WR or two in the later rounds (I have my eyes on a couple guys were this to go further) and could add a safety and linebacker as well.

Chargers 2022 Mock Draft
1:17 - OT Trevor Penning - Northern Iowa (Actual: 19 OA)
3:15 - LB Leo Chenal - Wisconsin (Actual: 103 OA)

The Chargers didn't have many needs or many picks. This should hopefully upgrade them at some positions or at least, in the case of Chenal, provide a rotational piece. Chenal is, at the moment, best against the run, which is something the Chargers could benefit from.

Last edited:

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati 2022 Mock Draft
1:31 - CB Kaiir Elam - Florida
2:63 - OG Dylan Parham - Memphis
3:95 - LB Nik Bonitto - Oklahoma

I think Cincinnati would be very happy with this draft. Elam can come in and challenge for a starting job from Day 1. Parham provides good depth and can challenge Jackson Carman for a starting position at LG.

And Bonitto is considered by many to be the best pure pass rusher in the draft and will provide much needed pressure from the edge on passing downs.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Cincinnati 2022 Mock Draft
1:31 - CB Kaiir Elam - Florida
2:63 - OG Dylan Parham - Memphis
3:95 - LB Nik Bonitto - Oklahoma

I think Cincinnati would be very happy with this draft. Elam can come in and challenge for a starting job from Day 1. Parham provides good depth and can challenge Jackson Carman for a starting position at LG.

And Bonitto is considered by many to be the best pure pass rusher in the draft and will provide much needed pressure from the edge on passing downs.
CB and interior OL are the two most pressing needs, so while I don't know much about these players I'd appreciate the team addressing the needs if it were real.

I wouldn't have a huge problem addressing the safety position later in the draft in case we can't lock Bates down to a long-term extension (he got franchised.)

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Vikings:

1-Darryl Stingley, JR, CB-LSU
2-DeMarvin Leal, DT, Texas A&M
3-Sam Howell, QB, North Carolina

I think the Vikings would LOVE these 3, but I dont think Stingley will be there at 11 and I am sure Howell will be gone by the 3rd round.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Vikings:

1-Darryl Stingley, JR, CB-LSU
2-DeMarvin Leal, DT, Texas A&M
3-Sam Howell, QB, North Carolina

I think the Vikings would LOVE these 3, but I dont think Stingley will be there at 11 and I am sure Howell will be gone by the 3rd round.

The first two would be great but I think Howell would be a waste of a pick since they're stuck with Cousins through 2023 and have Mond already as the "developmental" QB who they just took in the 3rd last year, but that was a different regime. I think they're more likely to take a QB at some point in the first 3 rounds NEXT year to take the reins in 2024.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

1. Jacksonville Jaguars

Jaguars get: 1-4, 1-10, 2-38, 5-146
Jets get: 1-1, 2-33, WR Laviska Shenault Jr.

That trade proposal is from ESPN. They did a Mock Draft today where every 1st round pick was traded:

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
1:29 - Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas
1:30 - Arnold Ebiketie, Edge, Penn St.
2: 50 - Roger McReary,, CB, Auburn
2: 62 - Logan Hall, DE, Houston
3: 94 - Kellen Diesch, T, Arizona State
3: 103 - Cam Taylor-Britt CB/S, Nebraska

In, all I would be pleased with this haul for the Chiefs. Getting Burks/Ebiketie at the end of the first is good value and fills two huge holes. It would be a lot of fun to see what Reid and co. could cook up with Burks. Diesch with a top 100 pick may be stretching it, but I think he can provide depth and be developed to take over the RT spot. The corners play physically and, Taylor-Britt in particular provides some athleticism to go along with it.

I think there is basically no chance the Chiefs make their first pick at 29 next week, though. I fully expect Veach to package 29 or 30 + one of the later picks to go up and get a WR (Williams is my preference) or edge they covet. This is a monumental draft for the Chiefs.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
1:29 - Treylon Burks, WR, Arkansas
1:30 - Arnold Ebiketie, Edge, Penn St.
2: 50 - Roger McReary,, CB, Auburn
2: 62 - Logan Hall, DE, Houston
3: 94 - Kellen Diesch, T, Arizona State
3: 103 - Cam Taylor-Britt CB/S, Nebraska

In, all I would be pleased with this haul for the Chiefs. Getting Burks/Ebiketie at the end of the first is good value and fills two huge holes. It would be a lot of fun to see what Reid and co. could cook up with Burks. Diesch with a top 100 pick may be stretching it, but I think he can provide depth and be developed to take over the RT spot. The corners play physically and, Taylor-Britt in particular provides some athleticism to go along with it.

I think there is basically no chance the Chiefs make their first pick at 29 next week, though. I fully expect Veach to package 29 or 30 + one of the later picks to go up and get a WR (Williams is my preference) or edge they covet. This is a monumental draft for the Chiefs.
How high up in the draft are you looking to move up for KC? Like it cost NO a 5th and next years first to go from 27 to 14 with GB in 2018. Think seattle had pick 23 and swapped with GB that year to get 27 at the cost of aGB 3rd.
If you are moving from 29 to say 24 it would cost a 3rd. Go to 17-20 probably a 2nd. 15 or better the extra first.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
How high up in the draft are you looking to move up for KC? Like it cost NO a 5th and next years first to go from 27 to 14 with GB in 2018. Think seattle had pick 23 and swapped with GB that year to get 27 at the cost of aGB 3rd.
If you are moving from 29 to say 24 it would cost a 3rd. Go to 17-20 probably a 2nd. 15 or better the extra first.
I don’t think it’ll be anything drastic, and will largely depend on how the board falls. I don’t see them having much desire in packaging another first, certainly. Veach’s presser yesterday also made it seem like they may be content to just stay put in the first (which obviously should be taken with a grain of salt this near the draft). There seems to be some smoke with Pickens so perhaps they’re confident in the guys they like being there. It’ll be interesting to see.

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
Jacksonville:
1st: Aidan Hutchinson DE
33rd: George Pickens WR
65th: Quay Walker LB
70th: Jamaree Salyer OT/G

Baltimore:
14th: Jordan Davis DT
45th: Kyler Gordon CB
76th: Rasheet Walker OT
100th: Wan'Dale Robinson WR

I don't watch NCAA so it's a bit of more reading into the players/potential and the needs of the teams, but seems it was alright at least from the needs perspective, though there are still some holes left in both of the rosters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad