NFL: 2022 Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Pretty happy with my first round selections

T Ikem Ekwonu (5th overall)
S Kyle Hamilton (7th overall)

Ekwonu can slot immediately into starting RT position and offers Giants a good young duo of talented tackles in Ekwonu and Thomas (2020 1st round). If Thomas ankle issue persist Ekwonu has potential to be LT option in short term and long term scenario's as well so he is insurance in that regard

Hamilton has all the tools to be a star in this league and pairing him with Xavier McKinney gives the Giants a dynamic duo of talent at safety positions possibly unmatched in NFL

Last edited:
Reactions: Basement Cat

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Didn't thought I would draft a Dline with my 1st pick, but all my choices where already draft (Garner, Cross and Willis). Travon Walker was to good to pass on him even if I almost drafted Stingley Jr

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Pretty happy with my first round selections

T Ikem Ekwonu (5th overall)
S Kyle Hamilton (7th overall)

Ekwonu can slot immediately into starting RT position and offers Giants a good young duo of talented tackles in Ekwonu and Thomas (2020 1st round). If Thomas ankle issue persist Ekwonu has potential to be LT option in short term and long term scenario's as well so he is insurance in that regard

Hamilton has all the tools to be a star in this league and pairing him with Xavier McKinney gives the Giants a dynamic duo of talent at safety positions possibly unmatched in NFL
Ekwonu may be a bit overdrafted, but I say that only because it disrupted the Saints board. If I didn't also own the Eagles I may have tried to make a move. I'm content with who I ended up with there.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Should've used this photo for Pickett

1648173327821.png

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
My offer is still valid.
Both of my 2nd round pick: #35 overall and #38 overall for a 1st round pick

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
For the Texans I'm assuming they tank this year and take a run at a QB next draft, so I'm just trying to get some good talent to surround the presumptive franchise QB.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I was hoping to get Dotson for the Saints in a trade up. But seeing how the board was, didn’t seem possible.

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Giants looking to move back from #36 potentially

PM me if interested with offer

I'm liking the draft so far. If this is what they Giants end up with in the first 3 picks, I'd sign up for it. My ideal scenario would have been trading down from 5 or 7 and getting another first next year, but that's not happening in this mock scenario and honestly, I don't think it's that realistic in the real life scenario either. I can see some fans bitching about the Hamilton pick, but that's an enticing safety duo.

Just talking out loud, not attempting to influence your decisions, I feel like the Giants need to walk away from with draft with a mid to late round QB and RB too. We'll see. The priority is obviously O-line and pass rush.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
This draft doesn't feel great to move down

No franchise QB's potentially not truly great D prospects or WR's to trade up for , etc

I dont know what professionals are saying but 2022 NFL draft feels like a fairly weak draft

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
This draft doesn't feel great to move down

No franchise QB's potentially not truly great D prospects or WR's to trade up for , etc

I dont know what professionals are saying but 2022 NFL draft feels like a fairly weak draft
I think it feels weak because the QB class is weaker, and that's what generally moves the needle. But, mostly, I have read and heard the opposite - particularly at WR with Wilson/Olave/Williams/Burks/London all likely to go in the first and guys like Jahan Dotson/Skyy Moore/Christian Watson/George Pickens all likely to go in the top 75-ish picks as well. Edge rushers have high-end talent and depth, same with tackle. I think there's a lot of players to like out there. But it's a down QB class for sure.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I think it feels weak because the QB class is weaker, and that's what generally moves the needle. But, mostly, I have read and heard the opposite - particularly at WR with Wilson/Olave/Williams/Burks/London all likely to go in the first and guys like Jahan Dotson/Skyy Moore/Christian Watson/George Pickens all likely to go in the top 75-ish picks as well. Edge rushers have high-end talent and depth, same with tackle. I think there's a lot of players to like out there. But it's a down QB class for sure.
I think it's an average draft at best and that's what most experts say from what I've heard read. The top end talent is weak. Nobody in this draft would be a top 3 prospect most years but there are quite a few guys who would fall into the 5-10 range most years. That being said, JJ Watt went 11th in his draft, Cam Jordan went 24th and Chandler Jones went 21st so maybe the top Edge guys in this draft end up being better than what most project them to be. This draft is definitely loaded at WR.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
I think it's an average draft at best and that's what most experts say from what I've heard read. The top end talent is weak. Nobody in this draft would be a top 3 prospect most years but there are quite a few guys who would fall into the 5-10 range most years. That being said, JJ Watt went 11th in his draft, Cam Jordan went 24th and Chandler Jones went 21st so maybe the top Edge guys in this draft end up being better than what most project them to be. This draft is definitely loaded at WR.
Fair enough, I probably oversold it a bit, and didn't really address the part of the OP I meant to which is to say that since this draft doesn't have that high-end star power, it's a good draft to try and move down and take mores swings. I think it was Dane Brugler who compared it to 2011, where the QBs lag, but we will look back in a couple years and see there were some really good pros taken.

I will also admit that I am biased towards the Chiefs needs and the strengths of this draft align with their needs, so I am probably more excited by a lot of these guys than the general fan.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Cine is a really good value pick at 47th imo. I considered him at 34 when I was looking for a physical safety but went with Brisker instead. Once the draft gets into the second round or even late first there's a lot of guys who could go anywhere in that range. DeMarvin Leal for example, some experts have him going early 30's while others have him in the late 50's. Team needs and scheme fit are big factors in where these guys get picked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad