GDT: 2022 Free Agent Frenzy - July 13 [11 AM CT]

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
LeBrun says it's possible Brent Burns is traded by the end of this week. Both Dallas & Carolina are interested and Burns is willing to accept a trade to either of them. He also specifically mentioned that Carolina is looking at Petry too, no mention of Dallas there interestingly enough

End of the week?! Tomorrow or bust!

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
I would wager that Carolina’s interest heavily depends on how interested Klingberg is in joining them.

LT

XXXX - XXXX - XX__ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
I would wager that Carolina’s interest heavily depends on how interested Klingberg is in joining them.

Ironically Klingberg could end up saving us some trade assets if he signs with Carolina.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
For whatever it’s worth, Weekes on Chiclets says that Klingberg wants 8-8.5 per.

Whitney said immediately after that he’s not sure if Klingberg’s a top 4 guy, so again, for whatever it’s worth.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
1657672124919.png

me irl

Reactions: Sports2

Sports2

WDI
Jul 1, 2018
Faksa going the other way would solve a lot of issues on the Burns front; same term. He should be able to play further up the lineup there and if he can turn it around San Jose could flip him.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Faksa going the other way would solve a lot of issues on the Burns front; same term. He should be able to play further up the lineup there and if he can turn it around San Jose could flip him.

He seems like the type of guy Grier is after too. Maybe we could throw in someone like Studenic or Kiviranta as well

Kinda doubt they'd retain & take Faksa though

starsfan4ever

May 21, 2008
After this last yr you can’t stand pat if you’re Nill. Pavs just re upped with you and you convinced Suter to sign with you under the assumption you’re a cup contender. I think his loyalty to those guys will cause him to make some moves this summer.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
After this last yr you can’t stand pat if you’re Nill. Pavs just re upped with you and you convinced Suter to sign with you under the assumption you’re a cup contender. I think his loyalty to those guys will cause him to make some moves this summer.
they've been very up front that kids are getting long looks and chances this year. closest i've ever heard them say we might even take a slight step back. while i expect them to look for some help offensively, i don't expect FA or trade alterations to turn the stars into a cup contender. they need to see what the magic beans can grow.

starsfan4ever

May 21, 2008
I’m fine with the kids getting a look and maybe that is the top 6 option they’re banking on but that alone will not be enough. They have a 1st line, a third line (Benn-Seguin) (I don’t count them as a second line until they prove last year was an Anatoly), and two fourth lines. The defense needs a top 4 option (Maybe Burns).

I’m personally optimistic that Peter D will raise our win expectancy in his first year but if we are going to give Pavs a chance at a cup we will need outside reinforcements. I’m personally okay if that is just a Burns trade and a sneaky top 6 potential signing. Clear out salary like Faksa in the lower lines and let it play out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad